Welcome to Buffalo Sammy Watkins!

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by BuffaloPhysco, May 9, 2014.

1. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Again, he's much different than Harvin even.

He's an extremely strong and violent player.

_

2. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

You got arguably the best player in the draft. You should be excited.

_

3. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Someone bump those classic Buffalo Bills threads over the past 2 years. They gonna break out every year!

4. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

He's a good player. Giving up that pick next year is gonna hurt but their GM doesn't care because he will likely be out of a job next year when a new owner comes in and picks his own guys. That's why they made the move. The front office there is working for their resumes not so much for the future of the team.

5. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

You'd take Johnson over Decker? Are all Buffalo fans that ignorant?

6. BuffaloPhysco

BuffaloPhysco Member

I may troll on here from time to time but if you think Decker is a better WR than Stevie, then it's you who have ignorance of not only this subject but football in general. Stevie is arguably the best route runner in the league, if he played with Manning the past two years he would have put up record numbers.

7. BrowningNagle

he will be traded by sunday and you will have a much different opinion

74 likes this.
  8. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

Any ideas on the compensation Buffalo could want for Stevie? He's a good player but a little bit of a headcase.

9. BuffaloPhysco

BuffaloPhysco Member

I doubt it. We would probably only get at best a 4th rounder for him. We get a lot better value by keeping him and we won't save any money on the cap by cutting him. He has a chance to be the best slot receiver in the league now.

10. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Yeah I'm sure they are. This year, last year, the year before that, it's always the same with Buffalo fans. Every year is their year until the games actually start.

11. BrowningNagle

Buffalo radio said late 5th / early 6th

12. BrowningNagle

the Bills get better when they trade him. Addition by subtraction.

13. milo

milo Well-Known Member

I actually like Watkins as a prospect. Shame he has to leave the country now.

14. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

If that's the case this would be something I'd explore.

15. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Seriously. I haven't looked at his cap numbers, but he's a quality #1 WR when healthy. Getting him for a 6th would be a steal and Buffalo is dumb so they'd probably do it, just like how we set up that smoke screen with rumors of trading up for Watkins to force Buffalo to actually make the trade and give up too much for him. I bet they are patting themselves on the back right now in the meadowlands.

16. BuffaloPhysco

BuffaloPhysco Member

How so? It's not like Stevie is a distraction to the team, he works his ass off to be a part of it. He played in the slot for Kentucky and as a 7th rounder was never suppose to be a "1 WR" but he blossomed for us because we had nobody else to fill the role. Now we have a legit #1, solid 2 in Woods, speedster in Goodwin and Stevie can now line up in the slot where he is most effective. Other teams can take their trade offers and shove it. Stevie likes Buffalo and he'll be a Bill for life.

17. BuffaloPhysco

BuffaloPhysco Member

lol'z times 50. The Jets didn't force anyone to do anything. Watkins would have been gone with the next pick to Oakland if we didn't trade up.

18. BrowningNagle

First off, your GM practically spilled the beans last night that they are shopping Steve Johnson in the after draft presser with a freudian slip..I would bet more it's way more likely he's not even a bill on monday than him being a "bill for life"

It's my opinion that it would be addition by subtraction to trade him away because you have a log jam of young receivers now here's my thoughts (I can't believe I am caring enough to talk buffalo like this)

-Johnson doesn't necessarily run "poor" routes, he just runs his own routes. He beats to his drum. That worked with Fitzpatrick who was smart enough to recognize that, but if I am working in a young QB, I don't want that messing with his head. Not too mention what kind of example does that set for the impressive crop of young receivers you have.. "don't worry about the playbook boys, just do what I do"

-Speaking of impressive young receivers, why keep them off the field behind Johnson anyway? He will be stealing plays from Robert Woods, Marquise Goodwin all season. Those guys have a brighter future, and really aren't THAT much less of players right now than Johnson anyway.(and at least the QB will know where they are at all times)

-His tendency to blow games is alarming. It's a lack of focus. He doesn't focus on the playbook and it carries over during the games. That's why he'll have the crucial drop or the crucial fumble. (For all Sanchez's problems in NY, a lack of focus was the biggest problem he had. That's why he had so many crucial turnovers.. but I digress.. just saying Stevie Johnson is like that too)

- I don't necessarily think he will be a cancer, but he's going to have to get used to being a mentor and playing second fiddle now to some of these kids. It's unknown how he will react, but with the three things I mentioned above, why even worry about finding that out?

19. Barcs

Barcs Banned

20. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

A 2015 4th rounder. Regardless Decker is much better.