What Would The Jets Have To Do To Make You Abandon Them

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GrifinMil, Mar 30, 2014.

1. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Favre was a football move. Our QB position was in desperate need of an upgrade and one of the best ever was available.

Tebow on the other hand.............

2. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

They had the 6th pick in the draft and could have gone for a QB that way, instead they went all out going after someone who was already retired, and pulled out all the stops. Sure you can say it was a football move, but when we traded a bunch for a guy who caused some issues (sexting) and had to make all of these special accommodations and only lasted a year, it kind of makes you wonder why they couldn't trade up a couple picks and take Matt Ryan or trade back couple picks and take Joe Flacco. 20/20 hindsight I know but it seems pretty obvious even at the time that Favre was more about the name than the production.

3. The 1985er

Favre was still retired during draft time. They were gonna have Chad and Kellen compete. That's like if this was last year. And Peyton came out of retirement and chose to sign with the Jets.

4. MaximusD163

Think ya mean Favre, not Peyton. Also, Favre was traded to the Jets, he was never released by Green Bay. Due to Favre's contract, he couldn't be traded somewhere he didn't want to go, so in a way he chose us but I read an article where Tannenbaum discusses the trade and the lengths they went to convince Favre to give the ok for a trade to the Jets. They made a number of special accommodations for him. It was after the draft, but it was Favre's name that made the Tanny decide that trading for him was a good idea whereas drafting a QB was not. They knew what they had with Chad and Clemmens before the draft, they didn't suddenly realize it in July.

5. The 1985er

I meant Peyton my point is that if you have the opportunity to get a QB the caliber of a Favre you do it.

6. MaximusD163

Peyton was 36 and was a UFA, Favre was already 38 needed to be traded for. Also, if you meant Peyton I don't know what the hell you're talking about, because Peyton never retired, so how could he have come out of retirement?

7. Fightin'JetTitan

Fightin'JetTitan Active Member

How about the Boston/New England Jets? Miami Jets? Arkansas AeroFlots? Jacksonville Jettisons, London Concords (if the NFL proceeds w. it's plan to conquer Europe).............

Will u still be a Jet Fan?

8. MaximusD163

None of those are going to happen. The Jets are one of the most popular and lucrative franchises in the league, they are one of the very last on the list of teams that might move.

9. The 1985er

I was giving an example. Like if this was 2013 and we had a shot at getting Peyton Manning considering what we had at QB last year you take it.

The Jets weren't a 100% behind Chad and Clemons so getting a Favre made sense.

10. MaximusD163

If they weren't behind Chad and Clemmens, getting a rookie QB made more sense, not going all out and trading for a 38 year old retired ex-superstar.

11. sheajetgirl

sheajetgirl New Member

12. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

This is a really stupid thread, so stupid, I question being a sports fan and I am afraid I have become as dumb as this thread. Like, get a life!!!!

13. sheajetgirl

sheajetgirl New Member

You left me speechless. Some of your "facts" are just wrong. Didn't Leon move us to the Meadowlands? The Jets do not have the most expensive tickets the Bears do followed by the Pats (Guess they gotta pay Brady). We are 12. The Giants are up there too. Yes the Jets have made some questionable picks but I think they are trying to fix it. Do I like the new stadium no and I cannot afford PSL's. But others do and can. Am I happy with the Jets? Not always but I am fan and I will support my team. PS Woody doesn't want my money I'm on Social Security. PPS to al_toon_88. If you are the real Al Toon I saw you play. You were awesome!

14. The 1985er

The same reason Denver picked up Peyton and the same reason KC picked up Montana.

15. MaximusD163

Montana was only 36 when he was traded, and Peyton was a UFA and only 36. Montana only played two years and retired when he was 38, Peyton will probably only play 1 or 2 more. They also play a much more heady game than Favre. Favre relied on physical talent, but his body was already breaking down by 38, he was too far past his prime. It was an exciting, but not very good move by the Jets.

16. The 1985er

The Jets were in win now mode. So Favre's age didn't matter and Favre was playing well before he got hurt. Favre statistically had his best season at age 39.

17. MaximusD163

Statistically his best perhaps with AP behind him, but many of his years in GB were far better. What made Favre good were never his stats, it was the impact his arm had, and his ability to move around and ale things happen. He was constantly fighting injuries that limited this ability after his initial retirement.

18. Over & Out

Over & Out Active Member

thanks for understanding. :)

getting your heart and soul ripped to shreds by the thing you put your heart and soul into is not an easy "divorce" in a sense. 30+ years of having that happen takes a long time to divorce oneself from. 2010 was my last season as a STH. Still getting over it some 4 years later. But it`s all good imo. Being hooked on the Jets the way I was was not healthy.

19. Over & Out

Over & Out Active Member

it was a custom install when I purchased a new keyboard. LOL Look next to your #1 key.

20. egelband

egelband Well-Known Member

Totally agree on Favre. Really thought he was gonna put the Jets into contention. In the end, he was just too inconsistent. Exciting tho.