Idzik rocks...just rocks

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ConcordeChops, Apr 9, 2014.

1. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

You pulled out of your hiney hole that I said Sanchez did nothing.

2. Big Blocker

I agree with the notion that there were timing issues in adding a rookie Qb to the Jets as constituted in 09. But i don't think those issues overcome the fact that Sanchez was a bad Qb who did not play anywhere near where his draft status should have had him. And if he had the Jets would have been better positioned to make it to the SB in both 09 and 10.

We all get that you believe so strongly in avoiding FA that you in effect say too much activity in FA precludes a team from winning it all. That is not true. We will have to disagree on this, since I don't see making any progress on it here if you in effect do not acknowledge that even an average NFL Qb's performance in those years might have been enough to get them over the hump. Russell Wilson in his second year won an SB with what I would call an average level of play for a Qb, and he was a third round pick. Sadly Mark Sanchez was not Russell Wilson.

3. Charlie Kelly

Charlie Kelly Well-Known Member

Did I? Really??????????????????

Find the quote from me where I said that's what you said. I won't wait for your nonresponse because you can't.

4. Big Blocker

You add nothing here.

5. Charlie Kelly

Charlie Kelly Well-Known Member

What's with the personal insult?

6. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Certainly a guy with four years experience SHOULD have been beating out the rawest of rookies but finding a definitive report that was so without hedging and qualifying remains impossible.

7. DMarsh6

DMarsh6 Active Member

I still can't believe they picked Ducasse in the second round

8. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

UMass players don't even get drafted, much less in the 2nd round. When the pick was made it was like "Geez the Jets must know something everybody else has missed." A year later it was "nope just SOJ..."

DMarsh6 likes this.
  9. Big Blocker

I wonder what the chances are VD will still be on the team on Opening Day.

10. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

He signed with the Vikings and the answer is: no idea if they will have him on the opening day roster.

11. Big Blocker

If he sticks, I will be amazed. But then again i am not familiar enough with their roster to know how weak they might be on the OL.

12. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

thread title is spot on

just sayin

13. AbouToGoGRAham

AbouToGoGRAham New Member

Unless we hit big in the draft i still think we loss this offseason because we loss on a CB, all of them... Had the chance to get several corners including revis.. again im not sure if we even tryed but even having a corner back like cro we struggled and its only gonnna get worse the only thing we have going for us are pass rush which we didnt have before so well see i guess. Even if we would of hit on Djac and getting CJ2k i think would of been a win on the offseason.

14. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I had to read this like 9 times before I knew what you were saying.

I don't get the idea that not overpaying a corner makes the offseason a loss when the draft hasn't even happened.

Donttasemebro likes this.
  15. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

None of them got overpaid (except Revis of course) and all can be cut after 2 years with little to no cap ramifications. We needed a CB and it will be a shame if we have to throw the dice again and take one in the first round.

16. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

DRC got far too much guaranteed money for a guy that practically announced his retirement while he was on a Prove It contract.

17. DMarsh6

DMarsh6 Active Member

it's funny because I remember when he was starting in the beginning of the year he had a pretty decent game vs the pats in week 2 where I remember they were highlighting him on TV dominating Wilfork... I thought he was finally turning the corner but NOPE

18. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

glad i'm not the only one

[​IMG]

19. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Idzik's taking his time and spending his money judiciously. Which means not jumping on the top guys and overpaying them. If this is not sexy enough for some people well we'll see what happens in Sept. His one year as a GM the team overachieved and was 8-8. But he's increased speed on the O with CJ and Vick. He signed a decent CB in Patterson who is capable of starting. And there's a good chance he will draft more Dbs and maybe a CB in the first round if the right guy is there. They did pay market rate for the top Wr in free agency and got a guy to plug in at RT whose supposedly a player. There will be more additions to the offense (Wrs and a TE or two) plus the OL. Going into next season you can't think anything other than the Jets are a better team in 2014.

#139 pclfan, Apr 17, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
    FJF and Br4d like this.
  20. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

Except the only reports that matter......those from the Jets coaching staff and Front office.