Sanchez A Class ACT- Says Goodbye to Fans

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by azhar80, Mar 24, 2014.

1. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

No you missed the part where I said over 4 years.

And if Sanchez gave us this.

67% completion 4500 yards 26 TD's and 17 INT's in 2012 we don't draft Geno. If Sanchez was "bad" like that we'd be better off.

2. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

I just finished reading Collision Low Crossers, and the seemingly overwhelming opinion throughout the book by the organization was that Sanchez had the physical ability to be great, knew the playbook and game plans in and out (so it couldn't be Schotty primarily), but just had an inability to make good decisions. Over and over again the coaches gave examples of guys who are wide open on Sanchez turnover plays.

maybe the play designs weren't ideal, which would be a Schotty problem (and his overly complicated schemes aren't given a pass), but it is clear as day reading that book, and having watched the games with my own two eyes, that the speed of the game was too fast for him to process, he panicked and could not make the necessary reads, and made bad decisions. Over and over again. it happened when we were winning from 09-10, it happened even more so in 11 and into 12.

Mark Sanchez just is not a good QB. has the physical ability to be a good QB, but so does every other QB drafted in the history of the NFL. he even had the desire and work ethic, to dispute those that say he just didn't put in the effort because he wasn't challenged.

3. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

we had a new GM come in off a terrible year for Mark and we still waited until our 3rd pick to pick a QB that was expected to go a round earlier and fell to us.

4. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

You can close the discussion of MS's time with the Jets right there. Nice post, and I also agree with the last part about his work ethic. That was not his problem. The game was simply too fast for him.

Ftr I expect the Sanchez Fans will slowly leave off talking about him. But it is the off season, and the draft is a ways off. So they will continue to talk. But there's nothing really to say at this point beyond your summary.

alleycat9 likes this.
  5. LT440

LT440 New Member

We can only hope, but more likely after every Jet loss for the next decade we will be hearing how "if we had Mark, we would have won that game."

6. nyjunc

7. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Its funny people who complain about grammar on message boards are usually over 50 years old,intresting stuff guys

8. LongIslandBlitz

The argument for Sanchez ends when you read 62 starts 69 ints and 43 fumbles.Now the stats aren't clear if those are fumbles lost or not.But if they are that's 112 turnovers in 62 games ,but like you said the fans are to blame

9. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

Should fumbles lost really be judged differently from fumbles not lost?

Either way they are mistakes on Sanchez part. On some of them we were lucky enough to have an offensive player fall on them, but we shouldn't credit Sanchez if no one falls on it.

10. nyjunc

for those that just look at stats maybe but if you watched him play it's different. 15 of his 20 INts as a rookie came in 4 games, he was good the bulk of that season and his other negative TD to INT ration season was 2012 where Chaz Scilens was starting, we couldn't run and we had offensive guru Tony Sparano designing the offense.

11. nyjunc

absolutely, if you don't lose it there's no harm.

the fumble may or may not be the QBs fault, to act like every fumble was his fault isn't being fair.

12. jcass10

I agree that not every fumble is the QB's fault, that is narrow minded thinking.

But the other side of the coin is, just because someone fell on the ball doesn't mean Mark (or any QB) didn't make a mistake on the play.

It's probably smarter to take a case by case look at each fumble.

13. nyjunc

I agree w/ the last line of your post.

14. LongIslandBlitz

I've watched every Snap Sanchez ever took in preseason or otherwise.I'm not gonna say he didn't have his moments because he did.But he never grew as a player and never developed into the expectations us fans and the Jets orginization had for him.Geno with Clyde Gates,Kerley,Hill,and Nelson looked way better then Sanchez did,tell me why?

15. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Well of course not all interceptions are the qb's fault, either. But on the whole, a Qb who has more of either than average obviously has issues.

16. jcass10

Its annoying but if you want to best judge a player, you need to look at every play and every instance.

Unfortunately, there is a lot of gray area there, since of course there is a bias.

Like I don't think all 43 fumbles are directly on Mark. I'd put a majority on him, but certainly not all. There are other scenarios that could have led to a fumble.

I don't blame his 69 interceptions all on Mark. Once again I blame a majority on him (less than I did for fumbles) but receivers and offensive line can cause INT's as well. But the flip side to that coin is that Mark has also made bad throws that the other team dropped or didn't pick off for one reason or another.

Overall there is too much gray area to perfectly judge what a player did. I'm ok taking Sanchez raw numbers and judging him on that.

Edit @Big Blocker Yup I was just getting to that interception point ha

17. nyjunc

he was growing until 2012. even when he took a step back in 2011 he was still growing. 2012 he was awful but can we agree the talent around him and Tebow/Sparano made it a very difficult spot for him to succeed in?

Geno looked awful 80% of last season, he was much worse than mark in 2012 and he had more talent(though he had injury issues to and the talent wasn't good) and a MUCH better OC running the show.

18. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

What Eagles message board did you sign up to?

alleycat9 likes this.
  19. nyjunc

ganggreen.com

20. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

C'mon junc with that disgusting Eagles helmet. What kind of NY fan are you :confused:

alleycat9 likes this.