Former Jet Retires

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jay Bizniss, Mar 21, 2014.

1. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

2. APK 8

APK 8 Well-Known Member

I wonder if the concussion he suffered against the Bills two seasons ago was really bad and has caused him to reorganize his life. He could of hung on as a backup QB for a few years and made great money.

3. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Probably Greg is just tired of the NFL rat race and being third string or on a practice squad. He wants to go on with his life.

4. APK 8

APK 8 Well-Known Member

I hope for his sake that is the reason. But for the money, the rat race of the NFL clipboard holder is a better gig than working evryday life.

5. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

I always liked Greg and I felt he could've been a serviceable QB. Anyway good luck in whatever you do in life.

6. hastygreen

hastygreen Well-Known Member

Maybe its just not for him, he seems like the kinda guy that would enjoy being an analyst someplace.

7. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

Yeah but he's a really smart guy, he probably wants to do something meaningful with his life.

8. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

This is very odd,he could have made some really amazing money over the years as a backup.What a tool he is,he probably realized his dream of starting will never happen.If your capable of working in the NFl then you work in the NFl!! Until injury or age catches up with you.I lost a lot of respect for him​

9. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Like many on here said - he just isn't an NFL QB. Never had the physical tools.

10. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

what a complete loser statement. just because you could never work in the NFL and would do anything to be a part of it doesn't mean anyone else should feel the same way. McElroy is an extremely intelligent guy, and maximizing his earning potential isn't dependent on whatever he can get from the NFL. unlike you who has no idea how he could ever make NFL comparable money so you think you do whatever you can to keep that NFL paycheck. for you it is an option between Wal Mart and the NFL. for McElroy the options are much greater.

bicketybam likes this.
  11. JdotGriff

JdotGriff Well-Known Member

Wow surprised at this. Guy definitely could have made a roster. Im sure with how smart this guy was he will do fine.

Congrats and Goodbye Mcelroy

12. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Wal mart Lol ahahahhahjaa ,I work formyself buddy not walmart,wanna compare bank accounts right here on this forum?I probably have more money in my paypal account then your entire life savings

13. MeanGreens08

MeanGreens08 Member

I liked Mcelroy was a smart player. The highlight of his Jet career was throwing that hail mary at the end of a preseason game that went 60 yards in the air and about 30 down field.

14. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Internet wealth, ain't it grand.

101GangGreen101 and bicketybam like this.
  15. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

When people say they work for them selves and in the same paragraph mentions paypal the first thing that pops into my mind is someone selling on Ebay. How many cubic zirconium rings have you sold this week.

Ralebird likes this.
  16. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Your posts speak for themselves of your earning potential.

rohirrim665 and bnots13 like this.
  17. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

You really are an arogant prick. Jesus.

I thought you were just a dumbass, but now you're swinging your dick around a forum talking about comparing bank accounts? Holy hell.

18. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Have you been on meth the past couple months?

Seriously asking. because your attitude fucking stinks

19. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

I was a big fan of Wr Mike Hass in college who was the Bilitnikoff Winner in 2006 and the Saints 6th round draft choice. He was cut by NO out of training camp (beaten out by their 7th round pick Marcus Colston). Mike signed with the Bears and bounced around for about 3 seasons on Practice Squads (Bears and Seattle) and was only activated for about 3 regulation games and never had a pass thrown to him his entire NFL career. They said although he had great skills as a receiver he had little speed and wasn't good enough to make the team because he wasn't good on special teams. As a lot of skill players aren't. As a matter of fact he did suit up for one game with the Seahawks and might have gotten his first (and maybe only) NFL reception but on the first play of the game was injured on STs. He eventually used up all his PS eligibility and was out of the NFL. He did play some pro ball one season in the UFL and was decent. He had graduated from Oregon State with a degree in engineering and with the eminent demise of the UFL retired because he had a great job designing athletic footwear with Nike. So probably Greg whose also a smart guy decided to get a real job and retire.

20. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

Can you hire me? I am a business analyst at a Fortune 500 company right now, but the way you talking I need some of THAT money.