Welcome to NY Breno Giacomini

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Milliner is your Mommy, Mar 12, 2014.

1. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

I like guys who are locker room leaders, and who work hard. From that stand point this is a good signing. I have to research his on field performance more before I give an opinion on what he brings to our OL and what I suspect his role will ultimately be.

2. talisaynon

talisaynon Well-Known Member

im for this signing only if he brings the roids everyone is taking in Seattle

3. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

obvious troll is obvious.

Donttasemebro likes this.
  4. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

decent signing - allows us to draft a T and develop him a bit and we didnt have to bust the bank to get him - would have preferred Howard to stay but he was overpaid by the Raiders.

5. MenOverGod

MenOverGod Well-Known Member

Took 3 guards last year they all suck. If this guy is a hot head test him. Versus NE just run sweeps to the right so he can "block" Revis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. GreenMatt14

GreenMatt14 Member

this guy sucks

7. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I don't know, the guy started every game for the run 1st SB champs, thinking he can't be that bad.

8. kwang

kwang New Member

Hi Jets fans, Hawks fan here to share a little bit with you guys about your new RT you just poached from us.

Someone on here nailed it earlier when he said solid but not a sexy signing. Honestly most OL signings are like this. I am not sure what your RT situation last year was, but there is a reason why Giacomini was expendable for us. We had an UDFA who really shined when he got his chances last year and now he will be competeing for the starting job next season probably.

Giacomini is the thug in our OL. He is the guy you least want to meet in a dark alley (quotes from our OL coach Tom Cable). The guy has a high motor for the OL and plays whistle to whistle. His biggest problem is playing through the whistle actually. Many of you noted that he led the league in 2012 for penalties among OL. He actually had very few procedural penalties (false starts), instead had a lot of personal fouls for getting caught playing through the whistle and holding. I am not sure what kind of mind set you are, but to me, those types of penalties are accepable as it means he is playing hard. He is a mauler in the running game, so this signing tells me that you are trying to build up your run game back to your AFCCG days. He can clear lanes with the best of them. His biggist flaw is his pass blocking. It's about average. Amongst the elite pass rushers he will need help in order to keep your QB (whoever he ends up being) from going into early retirement. Last year he really cleaned up his personal fouls so he became more discaplined in playing through the whistle. That was a big bonus. He also has a big knack for drawing personal fouls from opposing DLineman. You will love it when you see him playing through the whistle (slightly). Enough to draw a response from the defense, but not enough to get called for a personal foul. He has mastered this.

While this may not be the same sexy signing as the Decker deal you just finished, but it doesn't mean it isn't as important as that signing will be. Hopefully he plays well and becomes a staple for you guys at RT. I really would like to see the numbers he agreed upon because if its reasonable, I will be slightly upset we didn't retain him.

9. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

How many times have we told you that you cant make judgement calls until your team finishes better then last place? Its like a broken record. Just beat out anyone..someone in your own division and we all promise here to let you judge talent.

If my team finished in last place for 6 straight years is it?, I would never have the balls to visit another teams board....so for that, I give you some credit. Now balls sometimes equals stupid. At least have a brain and lie and say you are a Seahawks fan...if that were the case a few here would be slobbering at your feet.

10. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

Much appreciated. Thanks for the insight.

11. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Great stuff..and thanks for that info. Seems you showed pros/cons and did a great job.

12. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

13. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Thank you. Very refreshing post. It's nice to see some actual insight on a guy rather than "omg he blowz" or "dis guy sux" or "hez werse den Howurd"

14. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

Classy Hawk Fan

15. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Then why was Giacomini the higher rated FA prospect?

16. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Thanks. Classy post. Welcome. Congrats to you guys, and best wishes for the coming season.

17. kwang

kwang New Member

Thanks everyone. Good luck to you all next year, unless your the team facing us in the Superbowl next year ;)

18. agilic

agilic Member

I like the sounds of this signing. As good as mangold and brick have been for us, they're both pretty laid back personalities (as was Howard), so this line definitely needs some attitude infused into it which it sounds like is this guys forte.

19. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Appreciate your thoughts, thanks.

_

20. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

Now we just need a Guard who can help him out when we're facing an elite OLB