Jay's House of Weather 'n Stuff

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by jaywayne12, Dec 25, 2010.

1. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Can there be a last minute trend? North? Yes...nothing to suggest it now...but there was nothing to suggest the south trend either.

Thanks CBG...other than JonnyD and his plan changes..Im ok bud..lol. Really. And this is a HUGE HUGE bust right now..huge. Overrunning events in my opinion are easier to call then where an actual storm goes..thats what makes this so suprising and the bottom line is..there is a huge storm..its just about 100 miles south WHICH IS HUGE...but its there.

Again, I never ever saw this type of trend coming and when things like happen, I really enjoy going back and seeing what went wrong. Besides the summary I gave last night from a personal view, even if your conviction is so strong..you feel so good about something, you have to really have that 48 hour rule. I have used it many times in the past. You will notice I am not shouting when I use caps..just being emphatic on the words it SHOULD happen...or if the MODELS are correct. Not this time..not when you had models agreeing 9 days out to 3 days. out.

Still...48 hour rule. I have no probelm putting out what the models are saying accum wise..no problem at all but you always have to have the ole * on it. I feel bad for Jonny..he probably right now did not have to change anything but better safe than sorry. If the storm did hit..it would have been a great move..lol.

So...what to look for now..and its nowcasting..how far north compared to the models NOW does the radar show north movement. Today while looking to see what this does...will look at the end of the week and hope that the storm for Friday DOES NOT happen. Will also go back 3 days to see where this trend started and why. Of course its deeper than the cold front sinkng further south.

My gut feeling tells me is that it also was the huge storm off the coast of Cali coming ashore. Remember when we said Saturday morning it would hit land? It did not hit until last night..so Im pretty sure that had a lot to do with the change too. Later arrival allowing the frontal boundary to do its thing south before it got here...and not allowing the two systems to intertwine...letting the storm just shear out. I think that might be the reason.

Will be on until this evening to see if any changes and to see if anything happens later this week and next week.

2. jaywayne12

You are good TD..all good.

3. jaywayne12

You are good to go jon. Feel bad bud...you probably could have let things alone. Better safe than sorry and it would have been a good move if the storm stayed the course..sorry bud if it screwed you up too much. I have said this a million times...going to be off some times and usually could care less unless things like this..or people losing work etc.

Sorry Jon.

4. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Hope I don't get anything to crazy up by me. I can't take anymore of this snow

5. jaywayne12

DW..if the latest EURO is correct...there is a chance..a chance..that north jersey on north...gets NOTHING but light snow or flurries..and nothing on the roads..nothing.

Wish I can say I have never seen anything like this but it happens 1 time a winter. Now there are many busts we see of getting 8 inches and you get 12..or 8 inches and you get 3..but this? I posted Accuweathers map..the leader in the field informing more people than any other site other than the Weather channel..and they had us for a foot..with a section getting 12 to 18 48 hours ago....2 days ago. Now...maybe nothing.

It makes you hesitate when you see the next storms but you cant...got keep moving on. The storm for Friday seems to be less so lets keep shooting for less..being more. No snow. Will keep an eye on it.

6. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

What a bad ending to a weekend,,,,,my kids team got spanked in a tournament to end the year and now I gotta work Monday,,,,lol,,,,,keep em coming Jay

7. jaywayne12

I missed that post CBG..what sport?

8. jaywayne12

Will not be on tonight until very late..just in case any changes..but the radar is even south..the over a foot numbers have now dipped down to VA..lol...incredible.

9. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

alright jay, forget the storms and lets start tracking the spring. i need some of this snow to burn off.
    tried to take a hike yesterday to see how the local wildlife is making out this winter and the snow in the woods is still 2.5' deep. tough walking in this stuff.
    send me some higher temps please

10. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

2 games today,,,,,,hoops,,,,,,,we lost earlier,,,and just got home from a second spanking,,,,but the kids had fun and it was a so so year ,,,,,CYO

11. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Looks like my area is still in for a beating.

12. jaywayne12

Got it..ok...well..its all about fun and playing bud. Watching my boys play sports has been..well..the highlight. Of course grades first..but cant be with them when they are taking tests but watching them on the field is....so proud no matter what they do.

Now even CMAN might bust...this could end up being a snow storm for florida at this rate...see you guys later tonight...very late..will check in around 1am.

13. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

MF'er... I'm Flying out to Cali on Tues.
    I hope the airline doesn't fukin bump me...

14. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

1900hrs and still raining here. Storm totals down to 3-6". Honestly? I'm ok with that. No Ice Dams to worry about this time. No Snowblowing either. I'm ready for springtime. If we get 6"? Fine. If we get 3" ? all the better.

15. hiker

hiker Well-Known Member

Wait...wait...what? I kinda lost interest in this over the last couple weeks. So...what, do I have to get out a shovel now? C'mon man, its been top-down weather all weekend :mad:

16. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

We have dry pavement.

No snowflakes, no raindrops in Bergen County at the moment.

17. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

18. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Winter Storm warning lifted here in PA. Well Boyz, looks like we dodged a bullet this time. :D

19. silent scream

silent scream Well-Known Member

Hell yeah. Fuck you winter

20. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

I still have a winter storm warning for 6-10 inches. Sigh. The BS of it is that they won't cancel work.