Santonio Holmes Released

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by zombo, Feb 27, 2014.

1. Matt4776

Matt4776 Active Member

If a regular season comeback against the Houston Texans in the middle of the season is considered a franchise all-time great moment, our franchise is pathetic.

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

you can't have a great moment in November? obviously you weren't in the stadium that day or do not remember watching on TV. It was a classic moment in our history.

3. Matt4776

Matt4776 Active Member

I think a great moment and a "classic moment in our history" are two very different things.

It was awesome. My blood was pumping. Classic moment in our history? Not even close.

4. nyjunc

how many comebacks do we have like that?

5. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

wayne fucking hunter sucked major balls with a smile on his face, tone tells him what we were all thinking, to get his fucking shit together or fuck off, and tone gets the bad rap? ill never understand the disdain for tone

but ... hes on the wrong side of 30, has, what will probably be, a chronic foot condition, and dropped too many passes last year ... we can certainly upgrade

thanks for the contributions tone, keep doing that good work in the community

6. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Perfectly said. I actually liked the player but I won't have a lot of heartburn when he leaves. But with some folks here sounds like he killed their dogs.

_

7. Matt4776

Matt4776 Active Member

That year alone we had like 4-5 come from regular-season come from behind victories if my memory serves. Do you consider that years' Colt playoff game to be an all-time Jets classic? How about the Browns game? Lions game?

This year's Falcons game? Oh, never mind. Geno was the QB for that one. Silly me.

8. nyjunc

we had less than a minute left, no timeouts needing a TD from inside our 30. you don't see those every day.

9. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

Great news, the cancer is removed. How long for Sanchez?

10. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Interesting. No news articles out saying he was cut.

11. JetD

JetD Member

Lets move on....aint gonna miss him at all. He doesnt fit in with this team anymore. Thanks John Idzik!

12. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

I was at that game, a lot of fans saw that one from one of the giant video pylons outside the stadium. it was sure as hell surprising for the lot of us who were so sure that the game was over. the ending was exciting, not a historic moment in the franchise but certainly a good game in its own right.

I remember some drunken fool on the phone shouting SANTONIO over and over after his catch. it was a clutch moment from the offense to be sure, but I don't think the two most involved with it can be relied upon any longer.

13. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

link?

14. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure he is just referring to the fact that he will be cut. Not necessarily that they have done it already.

15. Barcs

Barcs Banned

It's a shame folks don't understand the different between past and present tense. I read that thinking some announcement was made. Ah well.

I bet that Vilma28 guy was one of the people who watched from outside the stadium with all the loser unloyal negative fans during the Texans game. It was defintely a great comeback, and a great Santonio moment when he made the defender miss and took it to the house. That's not something you usually see out of Jets WR at least not in the last decade aside from him.

#75 Barcs, Mar 1, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2014
    JetsVilma28 likes this.
  16. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I agree lol but considering there is no article that exists saying it has been done already, I assumed that's what he meant

17. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Someone please post as soon as Holmes is gone,,,,,,,,to quote Bart Scott. " can't wait "

18. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Haha you're such a cutie barcs ;)

I was at a bar in Manhattan working. It was a scary game with a fun ending. The Jets almost let that one slip away. 2010 was a great, fun season. You are sadly mistaken if you think I am a darksider. I love the team, always have always will.

Holmes got paid and his production fell off. He's not a top receiver in the NFL anymore. He hasn't been since 2010. I get it, you love Holmes. Don't you fret buddy, he will land somewhere and catch a few passes. Now, please get off my shit.

Moving on...

19. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

never much cared for santoni0. never thought he was a one, and thought we were fools to bring him in "stealing" him from the steelers. the steelers knew what they were doing, we did not. then rex and his pitiful swooning over him and how great he was and how explosive and amazing and every other superlative.

he was not a good team player, he was not a good wide receiver and he will not be sorely missed. fuck him, get out and please god stay out.

20. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Stay classy Jet fans, stay classy.

_