Would you want a gay player on your team?

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by gustoonarmy, Feb 12, 2014.

?

Would you mind having a gay player on your team?

1. Yes I would mind

5 vote(s)
    6.9%
  2. No I wouldn't mind

65 vote(s)
    90.3%
  3. I'm not sure

2 vote(s)
    2.8%
  1. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

You obviously believe that people only defend those similar to themselves, and I obviously believe the opposite.

2. WhySoSerious488

WhySoSerious488 Well-Known Member

If he can play, he can play. Yeah, it might be a little media distraction at first, but the story would die down eventually.

3. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I don't believe that at all.

4. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

I wouldn't mind, but our last gay player didn't turn out so well. Hopefully, Sanchez finds the courage to come out of the closet.

5. Jetsfan 128099

I accidently selected "yes, I would mind" thinking that this meant "yes, I wouldn't mind". :lol:

As long as the guy can play, I don't see why we shouldn't take him. I know a lot of people here want us to get a linebacker in this draft. If the coaching staff believes this could be our guy, then why not. Richardson was his roommate, and he stood up for the guy saying he was a leader. I know he's considered a project as a 3-4 LB, but with this news coming out maybe we can get him in the later rounds where it would be a low risk pick.

#45 Jetsfan 128099, Feb 13, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2014
  6. NYCKNP

NYCKNP Member

I wouldn't mind at all. Whatever they do in their personal life is their own business. As long as they bring a winning mentality and contribute to the team, that is what's best.

7. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

i would just like to point out that if i started dropping n-bombs on this site id at least get a warning...

8. Barcs

Barcs Banned

I'll simply say that group showers should not happen at all, especially in high school and below. I do not approve of group showers unless it is an intentional orgy. Don't these guys make enough money to have some privacy in their showers? Like aren't there sliding curtains and stuff? I dunno, I've never taken a shower with multiple folks before, but I don't think it's just 30 dudes all cramming tight into a shower.

9. NotSatoshiNakamoto

They don't make you shower in gym class anymore? I actually kind of agree with you for once.

10. Barcs

Barcs Banned

In the mid 90s when I was in high school, they only really used the showers for sports teams, and for after coming out of the pool, and that was always with bathing suits on. I wrestled for 2 years but not once did I take a shower with anybody. I usually just showered when I got home. I don't even think they had a real shower there, if I recall correctly, it was only 2 or 3 stalls and they were narsty.

11. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

You sure it wouldn't upset you if a "fag" wasn't looking at while you shower? Just messing with you.

12. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Why would I be upset if a fag wasn't looking at me? The things people come up with are ridiculous.

13. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

If that player was gay and he could help the Jets on the field then of course I would want him on the team. Who gives a shit what his sexual preference is. Btw, I hope the Jets grab Sam but I don't think they will. That kid's been a big time player for the last 2 years that I watched him.

14. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Can we calm the "fag" word please. I have certain family members that are gay and I would much rather people refrain from using that word.

Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

15. NotSatoshiNakamoto

16. Falco21

It's about respect. It's not respectful to walk around calling people names like "fag". It makes you look uneducated and ignorant.

You and others may not think it's a big deal, but many people do. I would greatly appreciate it if you stopped. If that makes me someone who "can't control my own emotions" then so be it. If it stops you from using the word "fag" then ill live with it

17. NotSatoshiNakamoto

To be clear, I never called anyone a fag, I said I'd be uncomfortable showering with one. I have fags in my family too. If your feelings are hurt by the word then deal with it. I don't give a shit.

18. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

I have niggers in my family too.

Is that appropriate to say? Probably as much as it is to say I have fags in my family. Hymies, wetbacks, Redskins, the whole 9 yards...

19. Falco21

No comment man.

20. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Personally I don't give a shit what words you use. You're an adult to make your own decisions.

What should I use Homo's? You call me a homophobe so I guess homos is cool?

Maybe fruitcakes will work?