2014 Jets Free Agency Tracker

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Yes I can.
    You are blinded by the name and not seeing the player for who he is now. We already have Pace who is an older player, I'd rather resign him. We don't need anymore over the hill players.
    Look at the time taken away from a young developing player to put Ed Reed on the field. That's not something I want to do.

#81 Jersey Joe 67, Feb 10, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2014
  2. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

i feel like you don't actually watch suggs play and just assume because he's 31 he's garbage. that couldn't be farther from the truth

also the whole young developing players argument is bullcrap. you put the best players on the field, suggs would be the best OLB we've had in awhile. even at 31

3. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Id rather sign Jason Worilds. He's younger and he can be had at a reasonable price. We're a rebuilding team we need young players that will be around for a few years.

4. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

I don't want guys on the downside of their careers.

5. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

how is 10 sacks on the downside of their careers?

the ravens just recently won a super bowl when ray lewis was 37. THIRTY SEVEN. sometimes you can use players that are over 30 and are still effective

the jets had kris jenkins when he was 29-30. the jets had a top 5 defense with bart scott being 30. AP turns 29 next month, would you not want him because he's on the "downside of his career"? i doubt it

6. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Aaron Hernandez

Don't wanna stir the pot BUT it's starting to look like Aaron Hernandez may pull an OJ Simpson and be released outright with all charges dropped. The DA's case has fallen apart to the point where they're hoping Aaron's barber who cut his hair 2 days before the murder knows something and will squeal.

Sooo....do you know of any teams in need of a really young, really good TE? If only Tanny were still calling the shots it'd be a done deal by now. Thoughts? Vick throwing to Hernandez. Almost too scary to think about.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...e-a-key-witness-in-lloyd-murder-case/related/

Hernandez’s barber could be a key witness in Lloyd murder case
    Posted by Mike Florio on February 12, 2014, 5:21 PM EST
    Hernandez AP

[​IMG]

With prosecutors concluding that Carlos Ortiz won’t be a credible source of evidence and few if any in former Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez’s inner circle cooperating, it could be difficult to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Hernandez killed Odin Lloyd last June.

As explained by FOX 25 in Boston, that could make Hernandez’s barber a central figure in the eventual trial.

Robby Olivares has testified before the grand jury that indicted Hernandez, identifying the apartment Hernandez maintained in addition to his large home in North Attleboro, Massachusetts.

Per FOX 25, Olivares may have information regarding the events of June 14 at the Rumor nightclub in Boston, where something said or done by Lloyd allegedly prompted Hernandez to conclude Lloyd needed to be silenced.

Olivares visited Hernandez’s home and cut his hair two days before Hernandez was arrested for murdering Lloyd. While details remain scant, Olivares could emerge as someone who knows things about the murder — and who may be willing to share that information in court.

7. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

I would take Vilma back for a reasonable price.

8. Absolutely. I never felt right about him leaving. Hed be a great 3rd down lb to replace david harris

9. MoWilkNYJ

MoWilkNYJ Well-Known Member

Is it too much to ask for Worilds, Asamoah, and Maclin? That would be the ideal free agency IMO.

10. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

I posted this in another thread but what about Delmas? Burleson was also released but too injury prone for me.

11. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

LMAO

I don't think this guy will ever step foot in another NFL stadium as a player.

You think Tebow was a distraction to franchises, imagine this guy LOL

12. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

Haha. I don't wanna stir the pot, but I'm just gonna go ahead and stir the pot...

As far as the age debate goes, I'd be surprised if Idzik signed anyone over the age of the 30, especially if that player is expected to start.

13. I like Delmas for the Jets. He isn't a "coverage safety" per se...but he is alot more mobile than any safety currently on the roster. He's also still relatively young & I doubt he commands comparable money to TJ ward or Jarius Byrd.

14. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

9 of those sacks came in the first 8 games, only 1 over the last 8. His play went downhill over the second half of the season. He's gonna want BIG money. The Jets could probably sign two quality FAs for what he would cost.

Suggs is NOT Ray Lewis.

OLBs can take a year or two to develop. The Jets need to find a young one and develop him so that they'll have their stud pass rusher when the rest of the team is built up/grown up and they're ready to make a run.

It's obvious you're just in love with big names. You need to find a team where Tanny is the GM and you'd be very happy. Thank God Idzik has some sense and he has some idea of how to put together a roster.

Thankfully, most of the rest of us are sick and tired of seeing old, slow OLBs on the Jets. We want to see some young, fast OLBs who can generate consistent pressure and make a lot of plays.

If Suggs was 3-4 years younger and not so expensive, I'd more than likely be very interested in signing him, but he isn't.

15. NCJetsfan

I'd absolutely LOVE signing Delmas, but he's gonna be expensive. I imagine there will be a lot of teams bidding for him.

16. NCJetsfan

Vilma has chronic knee problems and might never be healthy. He probably ought to retire.

17. NCJetsfan

The only former Jet I'd have any interest in bringing back would be Leon Washington as a 3rd down back, PR and KR.

18. Ozymandias

Give me

Jonathan Vilma (1yr/750k)
    Jairus Byrd (5yr/45 mil)
    Hakeem Nicks (3yr/18 mil)

19. NCJetsfan

Why? Aside from Byrd, that would be awful.

20. Ozymandias

What's so awful about Nicks and Vilma for cheap? We need a receiver and Vilma could give us some depth/3rd down backer on the inside.