Are You SURE You REALLY Want Sanchez Off The Jets ??

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsKickAss, Dec 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Let's break down your points:

a)Garbage around him. yes the talent around him was bad, but he still made mistakes he shouldn't have been making. He threw a one handed interception to start a season instead of just taking a 0 yard sack. He would overlooked wide open receivers and he started to state down receivers. All some of the habits he developed that could have been prevented from happening.

b) When he had guys around him, the TEAM succeeded. He succeeded one of those years he had talent around him. Did the team team succeed with Sanchez at QB in 2009 and more so 2010, yes. Do you see that talent coming to the Jets again to help out the QB next season? Sorry I don't see it. We had two veteran WRs, a pass catching TE, two solid RB including a great receiving RB. On top of that we had a top 10 D, OL, and ST. Oh and we had a very reliable #3 receiver too. So it would be nice to see a QB who doesn't need top 10 team around him to play well and on paper it doesn't like we are going to have that next year, so we just keep on struggling until we can surround enough talent around Sanchez again. Sanchez only succeeded once when he had talent, 2010. Even then, he was really inconsistent. In 2009 he as a QB did not succeed, the TEAM did succeed.

c) He doesn't need to elevate his team, it still would be nice for him to play well. Matt Ryan is a terrible example.
    This year Matt Ryan had a higher TD % that would be Sanchez's second highest, an INT % that would be Sanchez's best, a Y/A that would be a best for Sanchez, a AY/A that would be Sanchez's best, Y/G that would be Sanchez's best, a passer rating that would be Sanchez's best, and an ANY/A that would be Sanchez's best.

Yes Eli had a career worst year and so did Flacco. The difference is that both QBs have had a bigger collection of better years behind them than Sanchez did in 2012.

d) Yes and do you realize that 1-2 completions over the course of 16 games means the QB would have to throw 32/32 on those extra completions? It's not just one or two extra short passes a game, it's the QB completing those extra attempts too. And that's just to get to 60%, according to PFR, out of qualified QBs 25 hit the 60% mark this year. Sanchez is at 55% on his career. The problem with that is the game is stacked to favor passing, you need to be able to hit more passes than that to help your team. If you can't, you better be dynamic QB in running the ball extremely well, something Sanchez doesn't too over the course of his career.

On top of all that, 2012 set him back skill wise as a QB. He played the game as probably as worse as he ever did over the course of his career. You can't just throw that out. You have to help him relearn not to do that all over again. He basically went back to square 1. You can say 2012 isn't indicative of Sanchez's overall talent, but yo can't pretend it didn't effect him or he didn't play bad. You can say he isn't this bad, but you absolutely include it into his career play. You can't throw out 25% of his career.

2. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

Just what exactly is a fake stat? anything that is categorized and tracked is a stat. That is the nature of stats. In this case it's not something I made up but rather a reputable Football statistics site that evaluated the performance using the same measure for all QB's. It's not an official stat, no. But then again neither are dropped passes.

3. Kentucky Jet

Kentucky Jet Active Member

rotflmao! I agree with you and hope that SHORTY does not go nuts over reading what you wrote about Sanchez. She err he will try to get you banned!

4. azhar80

azhar80 Well-Known Member

Anything that is a could've, would've, would've scenario is not a reliable stat. Every pass is potential interception, completion, touchdown etc.

5. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Exactly. 1968 hates Sanchez and as awful as he's been, 1968 can't stand to give him any credit for anything he's ever done even remotely good. It chaps his ass that Sanchez was pretty good in 2010-I think other than the most ardent Sanchez haters- most objective fans would agree.

But 1968 can't even admit that so he constantly throws out that fake stat. Never any mention of drops or wrong routes or any other subjective fake stat, just that fake stat.

Of course he always prefaces mentioning that fake stat by saying "not to mention".

_

6. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

Ahh nice, but if you were being honest you will note that I have said some positive things at times about him, I give him full credit for 1 play off win and I've said he's had some bright spots. But the reality is that the bad has outweighed the good.

I dont' hate Sanchez, nothing would please me more than if he went to another team and in 3-5 years found success, I believe it's unlikely but it would none the less make me happy for him.

I don't hate Sanchez, I just don't think he's a very good QB and I believe fully it's time for the Jets to move on. I'm a Jets fan first and want what I believe is best for the team. I've watched Sanchez for 4 seasons and I don't see an NFL starting QB when I see him play.

7. JStokes

Aha yes, this nugget too. Very big of you. Forgot about this silliness.

Please don't feel it necessary to bring up you old tomes about this, it's more subjectively slanted BS.

Have you finished going back through the all the tapes? All his completions both regular season and playoffs?

Only 10 really good throws or have you found maybe one or two more? You know, out of 1100 of them?

Because you're so objective, I mean.

_

8. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Stokes...

Do you think Sanchez is a better option than Geno Smith?

9. JStokes

Nope.

You are mistaking my criticizing "Jet fans" for dumping ad nauseum on a current Jet and someone who helped give us one of the most enjoyable mini-runs since maybe 2002 or 1998 for someone who would allow nostalgia to impede my ability to see what's right for my franchise.

Sanchez needs to go elsewhere as a backup or 3rd stringer and heal up from major shoulder surgery and then try to get his career back on track.

Nowhere in this thread have I once said Sanchez should be back, would I want him back, that he'd be a better option than Geno.

Nowhere and any redneck or any other Sanchez hater trying to spin it otherwise is an idiot.

My thoughts on Geno have nothing to do with Sanchez. NOTHING. Sanchez was awful in 2012, was awful down the stretch in 2011, just had major shoulder surgery and hasn't played in a year. Why would any right-minded fan think he's a better option than Geno?

There may in fact be better options than Geno, but Sanchez is not one of them.

Are we clear now?

_

10. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Why do any of you call Jets fans Sanchez haters if we think he sucks. Did I want him to succeed. The answer is Yes. Did I always root for him to play well and win games. The answer is still Yes. Did I ever want him to play poorly just to back up my belief he is a terrible Qb: NO. I wish I were dead wrong and he was a good player. Do I believe that his poor play is due to anything other than his own inadequacies as a player: The answer is NO. It's on him. These are all just excuses.

11. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

Who?
    Looking at the crop of free agent QBs on the market none of them have anything all that positive. Matt Schaub? Guy on the wrong side of 30 that showed his age in 2013 with a Super Bowl caliber offense. No thank you.

Josh Freeman? That is a QB that is broken and showed a lot of immaturity and attitude issues in last season in Tampa when things went bad.

Mark Sanchez - torn labrum - not a rotator cuff just a labrum. Has over a full year to rehab. 2012 was a season you can't say well the QB was awful - everything was awful in 2012 and was a wasted season for the entire organization. In 2011 he struggled down the stretch when his top receiver (Holmes) became a malcontent, LT started to show his age, a year of getting planted by defensive players running around Wayne Hunter took its toll, and his #2 receiver was only useful inside the 10. However he did put up 32 TDs ...even with the negative that 32TD is a Jet record.

Is he better than Geno? Who knows but if he is then Geno is not the option an dyou end up with QB that can be kept, re-worked, or traded to accumulate pics. I would try to keep Sanchez to compete with Geno and bring in a QB in the draft.

12. JStokes

You missed the narrative.

Never mind.

_

13. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

I asked this question earlier and I'll ask it again. I noticed that when you brought up Schaub and Freeman you didn't mention any circumstances for their bad play. But Sanchez had excuses for his shit play. Now the question is; what other QB had these circumstances that held them back like Sanchez?

14. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

As an unmuddied lake, Stokes. As clear as an azure sky of deepest summer.

15. JStokes

I have no problem if you think he sucks. Your prerogative and I have no qualms with fans who feel that way. As I said, I've not called for his return, he needs to go and re-establish himself elsewhere. I wish him well. I'm just not one of those "Jet fans" giddy about smashing the door into his ass on the way out.

_

16. JStokes

:grin:

_

17. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

Sanchez lost me and a majority of jets nation after the butt fumble... it wasnt just the butt fumble.. its the way he handled it.. if u watch... after the fumble... he grabbed his facemask and put his face in the dirt LIKE A LITTLE BITCH! Goodbye Mark SanchASS... his 2 playoff runs were fun... but now.. its over... he has to take his "lack" of talents somewhere else. sorry not sorry.

18. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i can say i hate mark sanchez. i can say i cant fucking wait until he is gone and i didnt like him from day 1.

yes, he had some good games in 2010, he also had some bad games that he pulled out in the end in dramatic fashion. and it was fun. there was a time that i almost said hmm maybe this guy does have what it takes. i believe it was after the browns game. it wasnt a game he played fantastically, he did show me something there though. sadly he did not end up building off of that season which was good, not great, not close to great.

and he has now proven beyond a shadow of a doubt for me that he is not the guy. and he in fact needs to go.

i can remember when there were as few of us sanchez haters as there are sanchez apologists at this point. i used to get the tar beat out of me on a daily basis by all the fellas who started their own forum, which btw i dont think is any longer around.

19. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

the term my quarterback was one of the gayest most frustrating things ever posted on this board. it was sancho jock rider central back a few years ago.

20. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

it's fans like you that didn't deserve the great title game runs we had.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.