Are You SURE You REALLY Want Sanchez Off The Jets ??

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsKickAss, Dec 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

the close-mindedness continues. Still haven't heard any reason as to why Orton is a winner in your book compared to Sanchez. Still no information as to why I am incorrect.

2. 101GangGreen101

I don't need to be personal with anyone to know what their attitude on the field is. That is fucking stupid. We watch the games, we see the players body language, we have access to all of that shit now. We see how they perform under certain circumstances.

3. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I never disputed that or said anything good or bad about either QB. All I did was point out how stupid your argument was/is.

4. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

it's a results business, Orton has shown his teams cannot win w/ him. Not saying it's all his fault but the proof is in the results. Mark has shown a team can win big w/ him, not saying it was mostly b/c of him but he was vital to our title game runs. Those runs don't happen w/ a QB like Orton.

5. NotSatoshiNakamoto

[​IMG]

6. Matt4776

Matt4776 Active Member

Making it to the AFC championship game is winning big.

You can sure as hell tell we're Jets fans.

7. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

LTJF sums up everything for me. Thank you.

8. nyjunc

you can only win 2 more games so it's not much bigger than that. Only 4 starting QBs a year make that game.

9. 101GangGreen101

We can all agree to disagree, but it doesn't change the fact that you nor LTJF did not prove how Orton is a winner in this league compared to a QB like Sanchez. Despite the evidence I brought into this discussion. I have yet to see a reaction to Orton's 2011 season or why Orton is not a starter in this league if he was a winner.

We can leave it at that, and LTJF can instead do his personal attacks on me instead.

10. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

im pretty sure his list showed todd and testaverde both made it to the title game.

and br4d is correct.

11. nyjunc

ok so 2 out of 7 pre Mark, 2 out of 2 w/ Mark. which is better?

12. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

not nearly as big as the two his teams lost or the two his teams didnt make it to.

sure they are playoff games. but they are wild card games and divisional round games, they are the games you have to win to get to the big games.

13. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Just look at their individual draft positions for your answer. One was a top 5 overall pick while the other in the 4th round, 106th overall. It's not an exact science but all things being equal in general the guys with better physical attributes get drafted ahead of guys with less.

14. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

When Alex Smith took the pay cut he wasn't guaranteed the job just the chance to compete for it, a competition he ended up LOSING!!!

15. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

This is true.

However, Mark had a different persona around the league when he won those 4 games. There were a lot of unknowns to his game in his rookie run that gave the Jets a bit of an edge when it came to opposing D coaches preping for the Jets and Mark. In his softmore run he played very well, i'll give him credit when it's due. That run was exceptional by the Jets as a team led by Mark and Rex.

It was year 3 and beyond that shattered his rep around the league. He started to produce very costly turnovers and opposing D's starting to look forward to facing him. This is exactly why IMO he will never start for the Jets again. Rex doesn't want opposing D's licking their chops and getting all jacked to face the 'butt fumbler". Even though Mark isn't as bad as he is perceived to be the Jets won't want to give the opposing team a reason to get amped because they feel they will pad their stats vs El Nacho.

16. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

If it werent for our defense we dont even make it to the playoffs to speak about the Mark Sanchez championship games that you guys speak so highly of.. it was fun while it last but truth is Sanchez isnt that good and didnt take us to the playoffs either one of those years. Just let it go people. The jets are gonna let him go. And comparing him to Orton is flat out boring. They both stink. Im glad the injury happened Rex might of lost his job if sanchez were under center because i doubt he wins those games that geno won on his feet. His first fucking play of the year was a pick 6 in the pre-season after all the horrible turnovers from last year. Just let that marinate.

17. mute

mute Well-Known Member

This isnt true as Sanchez helped us win late close games that helped us eventually end up in the playoffs. I dont remember much as it was years ago and I no longer am as passionate as I once was to write an essay and google stats but I think those games were against Lions, Brown, and Texans where Sanchez showed up and this his part with game winning drives.

Anyway, bottomline Sanchez played a big part in our success. This is a fact. We dont even reach the AFCCGs if he didnt play a steady/solid game.

18. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

He really played a steady solid game to will his team against San Diego eh?

19. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Too bad Sancho sucked in his senor season...

:lol:

20. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

Yeah... i give santonio alot of credit for those games he caught short passes and took it from there vs the browns and lions.. he caught the TD to beat houston too superbowl MVP style.. sanchez threw a nice bomb to braylon at the end of that game vs houston too... ok.. cool... 3 games. What about the other 13 won by an ELITE defense and a VERY VERY good running game? Playoffs vs the chargers Shonn Greene ran passed cromartie and sent them home.. he did the same to New England in the playoffs. I give Sanchez alot of credit for the Colts win in the playoffs thats about it though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.