Are You SURE You REALLY Want Sanchez Off The Jets ??

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsKickAss, Dec 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

What makes Sanchez better? Is he more accurate, better decision maker, better footwork, better leader, stronger arm? What makes him better in your opinion.

Because a mostly large portion of the fanbase want Sanchez gone? Were we the "worst fanbase in sports" when the majority of the fanbase was on board with Sanchez? But now that he's not wanted we are the "worst fanbase in sports"?

Maybe if the Jets gave us something to cheer about these last 3 seasons we'd cheer more.

2. The 1985er

Lol there are times you start your posts with the bold before you go on to defend Mark. I'll ask you this question. What makes Orton a worst QB than Sanchez?

3. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

you are typical fans, the moment anything goes wrong you want new people in place not realizing that is what losing franchises do.

4. The 1985er

I see you didn't answer the question. I'm not gonna belabor the issue.

That's not true I stuck with Sanchez for 4 years I wanted him to succeed. I'm just a realist. He's not very good and it's time to move on. We will never win a Super Bowl with Mark as our starting QB.

5. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Orton is a loser that accepts mediocrity and awful play. You can't win with a guy like that having the ball in his hands the majority of the time.

At least with Mark, it's been proven you could win with him with good team-first talent around him. He's not the answer for the Jets, he needs to rehab his career elsewhere.

Saying Mark is better then Orton does not make me pro-Sanchez in any sense of the way.

If you were using your eyes, you would have watched the 2011 season when he got benched for Tebow, look at his awful performances - he was the reason they were losing.

6. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Sometimes players wear out there welcomes, it happens all the time - in this case Mark is no longer the kid we drafted, he needs a new environment. That doesn't make the Jets a losing franchise in that regard. It's the other choices they make that give him that nickname - the Tebows, the Nnamdi chases, it's things like that.

7. nyjunc

there's nothing to answer, watch them play. whether a guy has a better arm or not is meaningless. orton is a guy who "thrives" when games are meaningless, put him in a spot needing a win and he disappears. I liked him a few years back until I saw him play more often, I thought he was a bit underrated in Chi but watching him play much more in Denver showed me I was wrong. I wouldn't take Kyle Orton for free to start for my team.

we KNOW we can win and win BIG w/ Mark, mark never had the talent of the 2011 Broncos and still orton couldn't win. That should tell you something.

If you want a guy to throw the "big" TD pass down 20 pts late in the 4th qtr Orton is your man. That doesn't impress me.

anyone basing anything on 2012 is being foolish, no QB would have succeeded under those circumstances.

8. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

it is, and i dont want to be that way but its by any means necessary for me at this point with sancho. it makes me sick the way that rex has handled him in the past 4 years, the past 2 even more so. to have to watch every post game pc 2 years ago and rex continue on and on that he gives us the best chance to win was driving me nuts.

and i know he still has an issue with sancho and that it will only stop happening if he isnt even on the jets. it got to the point that i began to loathe rex for his insane lust for more sancho.

it probably did save him, i know it saved me.

9. nyjunc

I think it may be best to move on as well but every time I see the list of potential vets to bring in I get annoyed knowing we are letting a better QB walk.

10. Ajitator

Ajitator Well-Known Member

Alex Smith was way worse then Sanchez ever was in his first 4 years. Yet he bounced back and became a probowl caliber QB ( Without changing locations ).

First 3 seasons: - 57.6 QBR 19TD 31INT
    Rest of career (After Injury ) - 89.5 85TD 39INT

Mark Sanchez
    First 4 seasons: - 71.7 QBR 68TD 69INT
    Rest of career (After Injury): ??

I don't understand how you can all say he's already hit his ceiling when a player very similar to him basically pulled a 180 on his career in almost the same situation just a couple of years ago. And Smith's stats were SIGNIFICANTLY worse then Sanchez through the beginning of their careers. It's not even close.

11. nyjunc

it saved you? so you sat through years and years of mediocrity but you wouldn't have been able to deal w/ Mark Sanchez helping us win more playoff games than any QB in team history?:lol: simply amazing.

12. The 1985er

His first two seasons in Denver they went 8-8 and 9-7. Since you guys like to use team accomplishments as individual stats then why is Orton a "loser" with an 8-8 and 9-7 records his first two years as a starter. But Sanchez is a "winner" with a 9-7 record (same as Sanchez and the Jets in 09) and 8-8 (same record as Sanchez in '11). But according to you they can't "win with Orton" and come to think about it didn't he start 15 games for the 05 Bears that went 12-4 and was the top seed? A team built similarly to the 09 and 10 Jets? Great defense and running the ball? But yup "you can't win with Orton"

So now I'm asking you again. What makes Sanchez better than Orton?

13. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

yes, those afc divisional round superchampionships proved he can "win big"

14. The 1985er

That doesn't answer the question. What makes you think that Sanchez and Alex is gonna have the same career arc?

15. nyjunc

4 playoff wins- most in team history
    4 road playoff wins- most in team history
    beat Brady led Pats on road
    beat Manning led colts on road

didn't lose either title game b/c of QB but we have all those championships to fall back on so we can brush aside the most playoff wins in team history

16. nyjunc

he had a SB caliber team around him, one that made it w/ Rex grossman at QB

they finished 8-8 in Denver in 2009 after starting 6-0!

How many playoff games? how many playoff wins?

17. cval

cval Well-Known Member

He has been invested in Sanchez's failure since he was drafted. His post on Geno are hilarious 180 from his Sanchez posts. In case you were not listening when Geno was struggling and everyone was calling for Simms Rex said the same thing Geno gives us the best chance to win.

Hey, spin it as you like.

18. The 1985er

No no no no. We're not talking about imaginary "big spots" as an individual player. Does Mark have more physical attributes than Orton?

19. nyjunc

Ryan leaf has more physical attributes than Tom Brady, the game is about much more than physical attributes.

20. The 1985er

The 09 and 10 Jets were SB caliber too. Those teams were held back by average at best QB play.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.