Are You SURE You REALLY Want Sanchez Off The Jets ??

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsKickAss, Dec 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

everyone watches, everyone clearly does not understand which is how we get the Sanchez hatred and 90% of your posts.

he stepped out of the EZ w/o a Giant anywhere near him. he threw 3 picks I think, he was as bad as could be w/ basic stuff. I don't care about #s but he looked like he didn't belong and that carried over through most of the reg season.

Idzik's whole thing is competition, they didn't anoint any starters, they still never called Geno a starter even though he started 16 games. Why is this so difficult to understand?

It's cute how you guys believe everything you read.

2. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

I don't think either outplayed one another, at least not by a lot.

I think at BEST, they were both mediocre. But I can live with below average numbers from a rookie QB who absolutely was not ready to start in this league. Sanchez is a fifth year player, he has higher expectations.

He shouldn't have played in the Giant game. I think that's obvious. Having said that, regardless of who started the season, I think Geno was finishing it.

I think its best for both parties if Sanchez gets cut and signs elsewhere.

3. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

damn that's cold. Not going to lie, I think Sanchez not playing saved Rex's job.

4. nyjunc

not really b/c we likely would have been a playoff team had mark been starting.

5. Ajitator

Ajitator Well-Known Member

I've said it many times and just rewatched the play again, The pick in the Endzone is on Winslow. WRs are supposed to run a quick in route, Winslow's big frame could have easily boxed out the DB and made an easy TD grab, Instead Winslow tries to leak behind the DB but by that time Mark has already thrown the ball to the "right" spot. Winslow even makes the motion like he's going to cut inside his defender but then does not. If WCO are all about timing and rhythm Mark made the right play here, Winslow did not.

The pick-6 was a bad play, We all get it. But just as you say 2 drives doesn't mean he's amazing. I'm saying 1 bad play doesn't mean he's incapable. He was able to bounce back from that bad play and have a near perfect drive for a TD a series later.

He then came out in the Detroit game on point and basically didn't let the ball hit the ground on the opening drive. He then lead the team on a FG scoring drive and then another long drive that would have been another TD had Winslow cut inside his DB.

Does the 2 near perfect drives from Sanchez in preseason eclipse the 2-3 "bad" plays?

The answer is yes, absolutely. Outside of his first pass of the preseason I thought Sanchez was showing a pretty solid grasp of the system and that's demonstrated by his clearly superior stats.
    Mark - ( 28/42 - 66% @ 8.7 yd avg )
    Geno - ( 22/37 - 59.5% @ 6.6 yd avg )

And for a few fun meaningless comparisons, more because I was curious then anything

Season stats
    Peyton Manning - 68.3% @ 8.3 yd avg
    Russel Wilson - 63.1% @ 8.2 yd avg
    Tom Brady - 60.5% @ 6.9 yd avg

6. 101GangGreen101

I doubt this because the offensive line wasn't that good this season, and Mark surely would have been hit to the point where he performances like 2012.

7. Ajitator

Difference between 2012 and 2013 is a real OC that knows how to play to players strengths and adjust game plans. It's not a coincidence that Marty had Geno running the ball more after they realized he couldn't break down defenses with his arm like they wanted him to.

I really do think Mark would have (maybe still can) surprised people in this offense.

8. 101GangGreen101

A real OC can mask deficiencies on offense, but it can't hide everything. It didn't hide the awful interior play of our guards. We got killed by that all season long.

Mark can't scramble, he would fumble the football, force a pass for an interception because he doesn't throw the ball away - that's Mark's nature and that will never change.

9. nyjunc

Our OL was better in 2012, don't be confused by more sacks b/c Geno held onto the ball too long. a much better OC, a much better designed O would have been huge for mark compared to 2012. The healthy talent wasn't much better but it was better and we had a much better run game to take pressure off the QB.

Either way he got hurt, Geno progressed, rex is back, Mark is gone and we have a bright future.

10. Ajitator

Fixed it for you.

11. 101GangGreen101

Yeah, the O-line was worse in 2013, which would have directly had an effect on Mark's performance. Mark holds onto the football at times too long also, and he makes awful decisions with it. He never throws the ball away and is prone for more INTs.

In the end, we don't know if Geno is the answer as well, but the best thing here is we are moving forward.

12. nyjunc

I don't believe that to be true at all, I think our 2013 OL was better. It was really bad in 2012.

mark threw the ball away and turned it over, geno held on and drifted back 15-20 yds and took bad sacks. Hopefully w/ a real OC and real system it would have helped Mark. we'll never know for sure.

13. 101GangGreen101

The interior of the offensive line was exposed for the majority of the season, that's the worse way to generate pressure. Winters was awful this season as was Colon.

Austin Howard, may have been our best starter this year - what does that tell you?

14. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Except for the bold, I agree with mostly everything you wrote, and that's coming from a supposed Sanchez "fanboi". I agree we should expect better numbers from a 5th year player. I agree he shouldn't have been inserted in the 4th quarter of the Giants game. I agree Geno was likely to finish the season even if Mark started it. I can understand why one would feel that its best for both parties if he were to be cut and sign elsewhere.

That said, the bold are great examples of Sanchez haters' inability to give him any credit whatsoever. In what universe is 66.7 CMP% 366 YDS 2 TDs 2 INTs with a 90 RAT the same as 59.5 CMP% 246 YDS 1 TD 3 INT with a 54.6 RAT. If you think those are mediocre #s from Mark, then Geno was bad or if Geno's #s were mediocre on your scale then Mark was good. They just can't both have been mediocre; that's just silly talk.

15. nyjunc

Colon was pretty good actually, Winters struggled at times as did our guards last year.

16. 101GangGreen101

Struggled at times? That's an understatement. Colon pretty good? Another understatement. Colon sucked, he was one of the worst starters in the NFL. Does mediocrity satisfy you?

Slauson and Moore were a far better tandem.

17. nyjunc

don't confuse what Slauson did this year w/ 2012. He wasn't good.

Our OL as a whole was better a year ago. Better YPC, same amount of sacks in less pass attempts.

18. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Oh yeah? You want to use stats?

Well how about...buttfumble.

:smile:

_

19. Ajitator

Don't think either of those is an accurate assessment of our Oline play. Our RBs were better this year then they've been in years. Geno was far worse then mark ever was in throwing the ball away.

I don't know if I am just really being biased but I can't remember a single time yelling at the TV for Mark to just throw the ball away. Yes he's made some bad decisions, but the amount of times we saw Geno "scramble" for a loss drove me nuts. At least Mark knew to go laterally ( or fumble, hehe ) not just drop back 15 yards every play.
    Felt like this season once a series I was yelling at my TV "just throw it away".
    Was never the case with Sanchez, which enforces that I think he's a much better fit for martyz timing based WcO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. 101GangGreen101

Slauson was far better than Winters, and Moore was better then Colon. Downgrades in both positions.

Fact.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.