Are You SURE You REALLY Want Sanchez Off The Jets ??

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsKickAss, Dec 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

he did win, he was going to start. there's no doubt about that. They didn't declare anything but they still never declared Geno the starter either after he started 16 games.

2. nyjunc

I hope he doesn't start this year b/c that will mean he goes to a bad team, I want him to go to a good team. Cincy would be perfect if Dalton fails again. They'd be a SB team w/ Mark.

3. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

In what world is that the reverse argument to me saying that seems to be only the haters that automatically think he would start if he comes back? Not to mention I wasn't even making an argument just an observation. You really didn't have to fabricate some nonsense, just to get your little "fanboi's" dig in.

Not sure if that's actually true. When Alex Smith took restructured contract to take the pay cut to stay with the 49ers in 2009, he still had 2 years remaining on his rookie deal. The new contract was still 2 years but for a lot less. I don't claim to be a capologist but in that scenario no years were added. Maybe they changed some of the money to a bonus? Not exactly sure how that works.

Doesn't having a no problem with Sanchez being brought at a cap friendly # make you some kind of quasi-"fanboi"?

#2123 legler82, Feb 4, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2014
  4. NotSatoshiNakamoto

So why was Geno starting preseason week 3 and why put in the "winner" with the 3rd stringers. Your obvious bullshit is obvious.

5. nyjunc

Geno got hurt, he hadn't played. The new Gm was all about "competition". If people didn't think Mark won before the Giant game, what did you think watching that brutal performance against a bad team? he looked lost, he looked like he didn't belong on an NFL field like he did most of the reg season.

This was about the GM, he wanted to see what he had in Geno. sorry you are so naive

6. NotSatoshiNakamoto

So he looked like Sanchez?

You make things up to suit your position. You're a liar. Look at the facts and use logic and it makes no sense that Sanchez was the winner.

Keep living the dream junk

7. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

I dont think so at all.

I think the only way Sanchez would have got the start is if Geno's ankle wasn't ready to go.

We now know he was good to go and won us the first game by making a play with his feet. Something Sanchez can't/won't do.

The pick 6 by Ansah was Nacho loosing the competition. No way Rex would put his life on the line with Sanchez making the same stupid mistakes plus the jacked up D factor.

To be honest i think Rex gave him a curtsy 2nd chance because of his back to back conference championship appearances. When he shat the bed with a pick 6 by a rookie it was all over.

8. legler82

[​IMG]

9. nyjunc

you really should start watching football.

what Geno did in the Giant game was a million times worse than the pick 6. Geno clearly was not ready to be an NFL starter, mark was starting. That doesn't mean geno wasn't going to get his chance to play at some point. Mark would have had a very short leash but mark was starting w/o a doubt.

10. legler82

The margin by which he won or depending on your perspective Geno lost the competition can be debated. I personally do not think Mark badly outplayed Geno, especially when you factor in the fact Geno was coming off of the injury. However, for anyone to have come away from the preseason thinking the competition was even or God forbid Geno had won, they are either lying to themselves, grading on some weird personal curve, blinded by hate, unable to compartmentalize past from present or just plain stupid. You rarely will catch me calling posters stupid but I just can't think of any other way to explain it.

11. nyjunc

I think you have to factor the Geno injury into it, if he didn't get hurt maybe it would have been closer? but he was far behind then played as poorly as possible against a bad team in his longest audition for the job.

12. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Don't be foolish junk. Your go to move is to tell people they don't understand or don't watch football. You know damn well it's foolish. Everyone spending time posting on a football message board watches and understands football. So stop wasting yours and everyone elses time with that stupid shtick.

If you would stop picking your position and then backing your way into it with whatever spin you dream up to support it you'd start to sound much more reasonable. Until then it's hard for anyone to take your arguments seriously.

Try looking at the facts of the situation and then formulating an opinion based on the facts. You too can sound like a reasonable person if you just give it a try.

#2132 NotSatoshiNakamoto, Feb 4, 2014
  13. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

I don't think it was a million times worse...

A pick 6 by a rookie on a screen pass is really really bad...

Geno had a bad game vs the Giants no doubt about it... He did show that he can lead his team down field effortlessly on his one TD pass... Something Sanchez had not shown all pre season. I also think you have to take into consideration as an x factor it was his first ever start as a pro and it was on a big stage in the Metlife bowl... To say he must have been nervous is an understatement especially with all eyes on him. That has to be considered in a competition both from positive and negative viewpoints.

On Nacho's pick 6 there is no x factor... Just very poor play!

#2133 Rockinz, Feb 4, 2014
  14. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

Junc in a nutshell:

[​IMG]

If idzik was so sure he was gonna force his staff to start Smith from the get-go regardless of how they played why the false facade?

thats the part i don't get, why MAKE a sham competition if the secret has no benefit? (or apparently is so obvious that whatever benefit IS there is moot?)

Just start Smith and be done with it!

thats the stupid part about conspiracies and their theorists, its always some wrap around way to do something that someone could have done (and likely did) in a much less convoluted way. But then that way is discarded for some cockamamy scam that gives theorists some kind of sense of smug self-satisfaction for realizing when those other dopes couldn't, or other times a mechanism to repress a thought that the simple answer, in that case being something one doesn't want to hear, could possibly be the truth.

There was no scam competition, there is no insane balance of cunning and redundant stupidity in Idziks head for implementing it. it really was that close, even if Sanchez had an edge due to experience barring his injury.

and now we move on...

15. legler82

Even reading it now I can't help but to shake my head. I agree there was no sham, no conspiracy just good old fashion stupidity. In his twisted mind, he inserted Sanchez to ensure the win which was "important". Ugh.

#2135 legler82, Feb 4, 2014
  16. Ajitator

Ajitator Well-Known Member

People are so blinded by their dislike of #6 it's almost humorous;

Det 1rst QTR - 04:42
    Drive Highlights - :40-1:16
    Sanchez > Winslow 24 Yards
    Sanchez > Gates 6 yards
    Powell ( 11 yards )
    Powel ( 3 yards )
    Sanchez > Powell -4 yards ( blown up screen )
    Sanchez > Kerley 24 yards ( Big 3rd and 11 play )
    Sanchez > Powell 7 yards ( Holding -10 yds )
    Sanchez > TD Cumberland 26 yards ( perfectly dropped ball over coverage. )

Jags 1rst QTR - 15:00
    Drive Highlights :06-:36
    Sanchez > Hill 11 yards
    Sanchez X Powel ( illegal contact, barely missed powell deep )
    Ivory ( -1 yard )
    Powell ( 7 yards )
    Sanchez > Kerley 14 yards
    Sanchez > TD Cumberland 23 yards great throw to wide open Cumberland

Tell me again how Sanchez never showed his ability to run this offense?

17. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

have i told you guys how happy i am that rexy sent his boy sancho in at the end of the giants game? well let me tell you this, it was an idiotic move by our childish head coach and i couldnt thank him more for it.

he singlehandedly kept his own self from driving me completely insane for a full 17 week season of sancho gives us the best chance to win.

thank you rex, now please god dont bring this douche back at a reduced rate to "compete" which i honestly think has almost reached the level of 0 kelvin as far as percentage chance it will happen.

good fucking riddance, junc shouldnt you be telling us how sancho would have led the broncos to superbowl victory?

18. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

I'm sitting here rewatching the Jets-Falcons game, and Mike Tirico just mentioned that the Jets scored points on their first three drives of the game ... Not TD's --- just points .... And the last time time the Jets had scored on their first three possessions was ... wait for it ... FIVE YEARS AGO!!

... And yet there are still people on here who think Mark Sanchez can play, and still want him on the team. Wow.

Am I sure I want Mark Sanchez off the team? YES --- 100% sure.

19. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

A) it is not a nonsensical statement, it is just an example of the same hyperbole that is used in saying only "Sanchez haters" want him off the team or not to start.

B) I'd have to look at the Alex contract more closely, but yes he did take less money overall, but his last two years weren't guaranteed money and he still cost the team the same prorated cap costs as before. he traded non guaranteed money over 2 years in to guaranteed money over two years. Smith had also only been a 1 full year starter at that point in his career.

C) no not at all, because by cutting him he is 99% likely to sign elsewhere for more than he's worth to the Jets. To me he's worth at most 2-3 million on a 1 year deal...long story short, he won't be back as a Jet unless he REALLY wants to be a jet.

20. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Okay, so two good drives eclipses a pick six to a lineman, a pick in the end zone and running out the clock in the red zone? Those videos show me just how inept Sanchez could be. You just can't have a guy under center who has a high likelihood of making mistakes like that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.