Are You SURE You REALLY Want Sanchez Off The Jets ??

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsKickAss, Dec 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

considering that all you do is spout the same hyperbole and weak "you don't watch football" argument, yep. Sometimes ya just gotta fight stupid with stupid, kind of like building a firebreak to fight fire with fire....

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

it's clear some of you guys don't watch or have no idea what you are watching. to say he was awful this preseason shows me you have no clue.

3. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

indeed, before I can at least see his posts as a different perspective even if I thought it was flawed at times but thinking the team created a lie so they can put an apparently way behind QB in at starter makes no sense to anybody of sound mind.

if it was clear throughout camp it wouldn't be close... except in Junc's head where he overvalues Sanchez's play AGAIN and makes two of sanchez's okay but flawed preseason performances a sign that he curb stomped Smith and his bad debut.

This despite their being so close in camp coaches were having a hard time deciding who to start and even if a stupid conspiracy were in place they'd just give Smith the start really early on anyhow, because why wait? why lie about something they didn't have to for that long?

when one lies its to get out of something or to do something they couldn't do if they were truthful. they totally didn't have to put up a sham competition to start Smith, so why would they?

exactly... thats what common sense tells us, it was close but probably would have leaned the incumbents way, but for certain it was not a hands down victory.

theres no reason for the jets to ignore signs of one player being clearly better, which tells us he wasn't because he didn't win early on. he might have been better but it was a close race not a blowout.

4. nyjunc

there is not a person alive who thinks geno won the competition, you can pretend all you want.

5. Ajitator

Ajitator Well-Known Member

He then spent the rest of the preseason playing damn good football. So you're going to judge him on his first throw of preseason on a broken play? Was it dumb? Sure. But did he crash and burn afterwards? No, He came back and put together a solid preseason performance. He bounced back from that throw even and lead a couple of scoring drives in that game. You all want to focus on the one bad decision and not give any credit for the rest of the preseason. In which he played very well. I think one of the things Mark doesn't get enough credit for is his ability to bounce back and forget plays ( which is important in the NFL ). People seem to have a bad taste in their mouth that he's a mentally shot QB because of 2 games at the end of 2012 ( Ari, Ten ) But I think he's mentally tougher then people give him credit for.

I don't know why people are so happy with this statement. To say that Geno won the starting job is crazy. Saying that Geno was having better practices is just BS fed from the media to fuel the Sanchez Geno 'controversy'.

I'm not even really sure Geno progressed all that much throughout the season. His strong finish was more of a result of good defense and solid running and being a mobile QB.

The only games he played "well" were ones where we asked him not to do much. Games we asked him to win for us ( The Pats game ) he basically gave away. The games he did "win" for us ( The other pats game ) were handed to him based on boneheaded plays from the other team.

Outside of the Atlanta he was a very below par QB. Take out that game and his stats are horrendous.

I don't understand how anyone can say with any certainty that we're better off with Geno then Mark, To me neither has done anything to prove they deserve the spot without competing and earning it.

IMO, From what I've seen is that Geno has a lot of work to do to become a Franchise QB. As of right now I think the best thing for his career would be similar to how the 9'ers used Kaep in his first couple years. Let him learn the game and then apply his skills, in short spurts. Right now it just seems to fast for him.

6. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Sanchez ran out the clock in the 1st half of an exhibition game inside the other team's 10 yard line.

Sanchez threw a bad red zone pick.

Sanchez generally looked like a bewildered QB making bad decisions in training camp. That's why he wasn't named the starter going into game 3 and he didn't start that game.

Geno was injured. It would have been easy for the Jets just to start Sanchez and let Geno heal up and make the inevitable switch at the quarter season mark.

The problem was that the Jets didn't think Sanchez would make it to the quarter season mark the way he was playing. The Bucs would have eaten him alive game one.

7. nyjunc

and yet Geno looked much worse against the Giants than Mark at any time.

mark had 2 bad moments but otherwise played really well. if it was a coaching decision mark easily wins the job, it wasn't and it cost us a playoff chance.

8. Ajitator

Fixed it for you.
    The Redzone pick was just as easily on KW as it was on Mark. If you watch the play had Winslow done what big bodied tight ends are supposed to do and cut inside his defender its a TD. Instead he tried to slip behind the DB and him and Mark were not on the same page. That's not a "BAD" redzone int. It's just a redzone int.

Letting the time expire was not great, I'll give you that. But it's not like losing 3 points at the end of a first half of a preseason game is something to crucify the guy for. By the time he got flushed out of the pocket it was pretty much to late to get another play in so he tried to make a play.

I don't think this is the case. He didn't start that game because Geno hurt himself and wasn't able to start preseason game #2. They had said they wanted to alternate and have Geno start game #2 but he could not.

All things equal, Sanchez doesn't go back into the Giants game and he's named the starter the next day. I'm fairly confident in that statement.

9. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Sanchez had a bunch of bad moments. He looked generally unready to run an efficient sequence offense like the WCO.

Geno looked bad for all sorts of reasons but he wasn't a 4 year vet who actually had some grounding in the offense in college.

The Jets needed to see Sanchez firing on all cylinders for him to win the job outright. He didn't do that. As of the third pre-season game the best Sanchez could hope for was that the Jets would put him on the field at the beginning of the season until Geno was fully recovered from the ankle sprain. They weren't even willing to do that given what they'd seen.

Playing QB in the NFL is not easy. There are a lot of people who have tried who were incapable of giving the consistent effective performance that is required. Mark Sanchez is one of those people. Geno may be also, we just don't know, but we will know after we see more of him this year. One way or the other.

10. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

Mark was winning the competition but it doesn't mean much. I would hope a 5th year former top 5 pick could beat out a second round project QB who very rarely even took snaps from under center in college.

11. nyjunc

he had a couple of bad plays, the difference btw mark being in there and geno was huge, mark looked more than ready considering he was still learning the O and his top guys weren't playing.

12. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I dont think Sanchez can lead a team to the promise land...He lacks confidence and has been coddled so much that he does not have the ability to turn it around after throwing picks in a game.

Geno has shown similarities too...But he did turn it around in the last month, can he improve that is the question? Is he a learner? Next season he is on a short leash as well...If he stinks it up and the INTs keep piling up we will be in the lookout for a new QB right away.

13. Ajitator

I think people saying Mark is mentally weak is one of the worst arguments against him. He has show time after time he's able to bring teams back and make plays to win games after being behind. In 2010 the last year he had his full compliment of WRs, He had 6 game winning drives / 4th Qtr Comebacks. While I admit he hasn't had that same moxy the past 2 years and he's made some mistakes, He's shown that it's there and he's capable.

Geno didn't turn it around the last month, He was asked to turn down the mistakes, and that's all he did. He didn't win any of those games for us. In fact he lost the Carolina game for us IMO.

14. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Argument against Sanchez:

1. Stinger PLUS season-ending shoulder injury. He is fucked.
    2. His dumb fuck intelligence
    3. His god-damn awful short passes.
    4. His more-fragile-than-China-doll mentality.

Argument against Geno:

1. His dumb fuck intelligence.
    2. His god-awful mechanics.

-------------------------------------------

I say Jets should draft one and sign another. Either of the present options doesn't look promising at all to put it nicely.

15. joe

joe Well-Known Member

He sure is. Nacho's a screen door on a submarine.

16. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Like when he forgot the play and bounced off Moore's ass?

All kidding aside, Sanchez got fucked over when he was inserted into that Giants pre-season game.

He shouldn't have been put in that position. Getting him hurt had no upside whatsoever for the Jets.

17. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

There you go again, same tired subjective horse-blinder argument. The old "If you repeat a lie often enough it starts to sound true" argument. Sanchez never clearly established himself over Geno, despite Geno having played injured and having been a first year QB learning a new system.

as a 4 year veteran it should have been no competition at all if Sanchez was 1/4 of the QB you make him out to be.

In a QB hungry league where if a "quality" QB becomes available in trade teams leap on it...yet there were ZERO takers for Mark last off season. ZERO, not even an offer of a measly 7th rounder. Nothing, Nadda, Zilch.

So argue the "you all don't know football" all you want, 31 other front offices disagree with your assessment of Sanchez.

18. nyjunc

there wasn't any competition. Mark clearly won.

we didn't try to trade Mark last offseason and he had a big contract and was coming off a terrible year. He will be scooped up quickly after we release him. did you see the article 2 weeks ago from a coach in the league that said he would start for him right now?

19. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Problem is Sanchez didn't win the competition either... Rex knows as a D coach that opposing D's would have all the confidence in the world vs Nacho and going up against a jacked up D every week wouldn't have been good at all for Rex or the Jets! At least with Geno there was some unknown...

That pick in pre season to Ansah (rookie) was the dagger for Nacho... No way he can win it after that...

20. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Mark won't start anywhere, despite your protestations and anonymous source articles. A place on the bench in Arizona awaits.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.