Are You SURE You REALLY Want Sanchez Off The Jets ??

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsKickAss, Dec 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

It's a team sport.

2. WhySoSerious488

WhySoSerious488 Well-Known Member

Since Harrington and Sanchez are basically the same regular season player, what makes you think he couldn't have rode the 2009 and 2010 Jets to the playoffs like Sanchez did?

What I find remarkable is Sanchez somehow managed to fumble 18 more times than Harrington in 14 less games. Now that is truly impressive. Then again, this is coming from the author of the Butt Fumble, so why am I surprised?

3. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

No no no I am not misremembering that game. My brother is a die hard Viking fan and we watched the game together at my house.

Favre and the Vikes played great and were the better team but the TOs killed them.

My point was that NO was a better overall team and losing to them in the Superdome is nothing to be ashamed of.

To say Favre couldn't win with the Vikings in 2009 is silly--he was great that year--one of his best years ever given how late it was in his career--and he took them to a 12-4 record and a number 2 seed.

But great teams with great QBs lose to other great teams with great QBs on the road.

It happens.

Favre won with the Vikes the next year, he just couldn't beat NO in the Superdome. Saying Favre couldn't win with the Vikes is just plain silly.

_

4. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

My comment was off of your comment saying if he didn't get hurt we could have won the SB so I merely pointed out w/ more talented teams in 2007 and 2009 he couldn't win a SB.

blind stats tell us absolutely nothing. You can have 2 guys w/ the exact same #s but how did they accumulate them? mark led a billion late game winning drives, was Joey doing that or was Joey putting up garbage time #s? These arguments are so silly, mark was vital to our success.

5. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Humor me; put your hate aside for a second and be objective. Put yourself in his shoes. As you survey the NFL landscape looking for the best possible spots to revive your career, are the Jets not near the top of your list? In no particular order.

1. You LOVE the system.
    2. You KNOW the system.
    3. You LOVE the OC.
    4. The team is young, talented and on the rise.
    5. You've had success there before.
    6. In your mind, you already won the starting job before so you can easily do it again.

Even if fan animosity and the press was something he would consider (I don't think he would) I'd be hard press to believe it would trump the other considerations listed above.

6. legler82

I don't know how anyone could have watched both Harrington and Sanchez play and come away that they are the same player.

The hate is strong in this one.

#1686 legler82, Jan 24, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2014
  7. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

I don't get why people don't understand this.

When i'm judging a player I want to know how that player is performing. I don't want to hear about what the team did.

Don't people understand that there is a reason why the Bronco's got rid of Tebow after making the playoffs and winning a game with him.

There is a reason Jim Harbaugh handed the ball to Kaepernick after Smith got them to an NFC Championship game the year before and was 19-5-1 since Harbaugh took over. And it wasn't just because of Smith's injury, because he was only not cleared to play for 1 game. It's because Harbaugh could see Kaepernick was a better overall player then Smith. He knew Smith's limitations.

Overall team performance is obviously the most important thing FOR THE TEAM. But it means nothing when you are judging an individual player. Judge that player on his own merits, not the teams.

8. JStokes

My earlier comment was made as a fan of the New York Jets. If he had stayed healthy I truly believed we were going to win the SB. Speaking as a FAN. From the heart.

My later comments were as an observer of the NFL. Favre was great in 2009 and him not winning a SB does not mean he couldn't have won it in 2008 had he not gotten hurt. Speaking as an NFL observer. From the brain.

Winning a SB is not dependent on 1 man or 1 play.

_

9. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

Hahah you're funny.

10. nyjunc

He was great in 2009, maybe his best season ever in a great career which was the opposite of 2008.

he couldn't get us to the playoffs, we weren't winning a SB with him. if the 2009 version played for us then yes we could have won a SB. he threw 7 INTs all year in 2009, he had 8 INts for us through 6 games. we didn't get the committed 2009 version, we got the guy who was passing through on his way to Minnesota.

11. nyjunc

The game is about wins, give me a guy w/ lesser #s that makes plays to wins over a #s guy that doesn't make plays to win. You can't win w/ any QB, that has been proven over and over and over again. when we had playoff talent mark helped us get there and we won, when we didn't he wasn't good like most QBs.

12. JStokes

If he wasn't hurt, we march into the playoffs and we win the SB.

Neither of us can prove we are right.

Or prove the other wrong.

See how silly these arguments can be?

_

13. nyjunc

I can prove it, we went 9-7 and missed the playoffs w/ a creampuff sched and no Brady to deal with. The proof is in the results.

14. legler82

So when the production of guys like Larry Fitzgerald and Tom Brady go down it's a solely a reflection of their play and their's alone?

BTW bringing Sanchez back at a reduced rate to compete does not have any impact on any QB on the roster getting replaced by someone the coaching staff deems better. I don't understand why people keep making these kind of statements as if they are being argued. Sanchez could get cut at the end of training camp and I would still consider it a good move to have brought him in to compete.

15. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

I'm sure you don't need this spoonfed to you, but many of Junc's "points" are expressed in this silly way.

He relies way too much on hypotheticals because, most likely, he knows he's got nothing else (on a particular subject), and so, he spews these wacko remarks that hinge entirely on the word "if." And it's funny because it comes from the guy who's always blathering about "truth" and "dealing in reality."

16. nyjunc

do you ever talk about anything on here besides me?

17. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

junc-a-mania is running wild i see.

stokes i give you credit for stepping into the ring with the great one. the master-debator

the fun part is that even when sanchez does leave the jets, even if its unceremoniously this march and even if he doesnt get picked up by another team and ends up in the arena league, or even if he does get picked up and doesnt start, or does start and sucks.... junc will never ever ever admit he wasnt any good.

he still thinks herm was great, its a lost cause trying to have a conversation with him.

18. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Hey finally getting rid of Hobbes is good enough for one year, don't get greedy

19. legler82

There you have the only likely scenarios.

20. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i will admit this place would be different without junc. better at times but far less entertaining. hobbies was just plain annoying, i cant say i miss him. i would miss junc. the board would survive but it would be a different experience without the junc man.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.