Are You SURE You REALLY Want Sanchez Off The Jets ??

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsKickAss, Dec 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

B..b..but, Favre has more playoff appearances that Chad (and Mark).

Using the nyjunc QB rating scale, that makes him a better QB, surely?

2. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Stick around, you'll find that nyjunc is usually just plain wrong. That doesn't stop him from making retarded arguments ad nauseam though. It's best to stay out of it if you value your time however; sometimes the ridiculousness is too good to pass up throwing in a jab or two.

3. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

I have the ability to ignore some foolishness. I'll only play if I'm bored!

_

4. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

This thread (and all the Mark threads) are fun to take part in discussions on his career as a Jet, even throw in some talk on the 08 season, all fun. However, we all know Mark is off of the Jets roster, come March. No one here thinks otherwise. Some posters, and there are few, know that Mark deserves another shot and should not be given up on, but they also know that is not happening in New York.

5. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

he was not great at all, he had a very good 3-4 game stretch culminating w/ the Tennessee win but other than that didn't do much the entire season.

The injury didn't cost us the season, Favre cost us the season.

it's funny, you will bash Chad for losing a playoff game but then ignore Mark when he wins playoff games. Another example of why we have the worst fanbase in sports.

stop it, he was fine. He was making awful decisions, throwing the ball up for grabs like he had been most of the season.

Seasons are 16 weeks long, at 8-3 we looked good but we ended up 9-7 and only won that one game b/c the D scored late to win it.

http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/...bout-favre-report/?_php=true&_type=blogs&_r=0

what stuff is so silly w/ regards to mark? please explain.

Favre sabotaged our season, you can make the injury excuse all you want. I'm not buying it.

ummm we choked away a playoff spot w/ Favre.

coming from one of the worst posters on the site that I always make look silly I appreciate this.

6. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

:lol: junc, I will admit it is pretty funny to see the same posters trashing Mark/Chad, giving Favre a break for being so-called "injured". That is hilarious.

7. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

This.............

8. nyjunc

w/ no mention of Mark's injury in 2011.

9. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

No matter how negative I am on MS staying with the Jets, I certainly think it possible that he might do better elsewhere.

I mean part of the problem now is that his contract puts the Jets in a very difficult position. MS has an incentive to not redo his contract on any terms that would be too adverse to him, since doing that would basically be negotiating against himself when the alternative of being cut and letting others possibly compete for him is a possibility. But of course he would not produce if he were kept on the team at anywhere near the cost of his contract. This essentially leaves them no option but to cut him.

I have been looking at this again recently in light of several suggestions that he could be traded. But any trade would require him to redo his contract first. That seems like a highly unlikely scenario. First you would have to have a team step forward to be a third party in the negotiation. How you settle on a number that reduces his contract cost while still giving compensation to the Jets seems too complicated. Among other things the only scenario that would fit into that one is one where a specific team felt they somehow want him so badly but are not willing to compete for him if he were cut, which hardly makes sense. Even then such a team would not know what his market price would be until he hit the market, so how would that team know how much would be left over to give the Jets in compensation?

Part of hte problem very much related to the foregoing considerations is that no one has a good feel right now for what the market would pay for MS. Since he is coming back from injury and has not played for a year, by what metrics would you compare him to others? What recent QB FA signing provides any insight? I can't think of any. And even if you could how you would go about translating perceived FA contract price with how to redo his contract is far from clear.

The fact is unless and until MS is cut, he has enough leverage in his current contract that even a third party ends up negotiating against themselves if they want to lock him up before he is cut.

If a GM really wants him, sees value in him ohter GM's will not, the GM can merely wait until MS is cut and make a more competitive offer than any others. Meanwhile the Jets need not be dealt with, and the whole thing is much simpler.

10. JStokes

I hope you are not talking about me.

I was a huge Chad fan, was a huge Sanchez fan and I think their injuries were easily the biggest issues for their failings.

Favre was hurt--there was no doubt about it and THAT was why he fell off in 2008.

You realize you can talk about Favre without ever mentioning Sanchez?

My point about Favre being hurt had noting to do with Sanchez. No need to mention him when discussing Favre falling off at the end of 2008.

Two different discussions.

_

11. nyjunc

did you see what I was responding to?

please enlighten me about the silly stuff about mark? I would love to see this. don't ignore this a second time.

12. JStokes

Come on junc, the truly silly stuff.

We are men of intelligence, such sophistry does not become us.

_

13. JStokes

See my response above.

_

14. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Is elsewhere the only place where it's possible that he can do better?

15. nyjunc

as far as the Favre injury excuse, he had ONE game all year where he attempted at least 23 passes and didn't throw an INT- ONE(at NE). he only had 3 games all year w/o a pick and 2 of the games he attempted just 19 and 22 passes.

we feasted on some weak competition that Favre kept in games like Cincy, Sea, KC, SF, Buf, we lost to an awful Oakland team where Favre was outdueled by Jamarcus Russell.

That 6 TD performance vs. Arizona really skewed everyone's minds into thinking he was really good when the reality is Arizona was bad in the NE. 3 games and they allowed 56, 47 and 48 pts.

The reality is he was average for most of the season, he threw a hail mary week 1 or we would have lost to Miami, he lost Matt cassell in the man's first ever NFL start, lost to a Jamarcus Russell led Raider team.

he had a really good 4 game stretch- at Buf, SL, at NE, at Ten. Other than that and the one game against Ari he did very little the entire year. if we keep Chad we win the division EASILY.

16. nyjunc

Please give examples. I want to know what it is? maybe you are right? maybe I get crazy sometimes? I just want to know, please provide examples.

17. JStokes

Oh junc junc junc, I'm a huge Jet fan and I have always like Mark and I appreciate your passion for taking up the torch for him, but some of the stuff you have said in your 20,000 plus posts of defending him are just plain silly. Not all of them--you've made some great points over the years. Some of them, not so much.

I have neither the time nor the energy to do so now or at anytime in the future--it's just not that important to me.

But you and I know what I mean. Hey, I've even done it on occassion here. But even I don't believe everything I say, it's just the nature of an internet message board.

_

18. nyjunc

I don't need an exact quote, you can paraphrase.

19. JStokes

Nope.

Gotta go order a CJ Fair jersey for my son so he has it for Duke in 2 weeks. :)

_

20. nyjunc

haha, I'll send him a Marcus Paige

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.