Are You SURE You REALLY Want Sanchez Off The Jets ??

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsKickAss, Dec 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bartscott

bartscott Well-Known Member

If Sanchez goes on to win 10 Super Bowls, it will still be the right move? WTF? Smoke crack much? That is hands down the stupidest thing I have ever read.

Imagine that decade of Jet fan misery?

That's what I'd keep saying after every Lombardi trophy Nacho hoists though....Way to go Idzik.

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

That is like saying "trading" BB for a 1st rd pick was the right move in 2000 b/c it seemed like the right move at the time.

3. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Before Favre got hurt we were arguably the best team in the league. Favre stays healthy we win the division point blank period.

Okay.

5. nyjunc

stop w/ the injury excuses and we had ONE quality win before the supposed injury, we were not the best team in the league. favre was bad the majority of the year, we just had a cake sched and won some games against bad teams until beating up Tennessee and showing what we were capable of if we got quality QB play. Brett favre made his career playing through pain so he doesn't get an injury excuse. mark was hurt in 2011, do I ever use that as an excuse for why he played poorly down the stretch? Favre was the same QB in September as December, he never wanted to be here and didn't learn the offense. He just threw balls up for grabs.

6. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

This post is nonsense.

1. A guy playing through pain doesn't mean that an injury can't affect his play.

2. The Jets beat the eventual NFC champions Cardinals, The defending AFC champion Patriots, the eventual AFC East champions Dolphins.

3. Favre in 08 was bad but Sanchez in 10 was top ten best? That's why your opinions on QB's are worthless.

4. Favre was playing with an injury he shouldn't have been playing with. By December everybody is playing hurt of has nagging injuries. That's the difference.

7. nyjunc

1. he made his career off of playing through pain, he knew how to do it better than anyone. His play didn't change, he was making poor decisions late as he was early. He didn't want to be here, if he did he wouldn't have been giving Packer opponents tips on how to beat them and been studying his NYJ playbook.

2. Arizona came to the northeast during the reg season 3 times. They lost by an average of 50-21. NE lost some guy named Tom Brady- not sure if you have heard of him. How did we do against Miami w/ faint playoff hopes in week 17?

3. Absolutely. You have no idea what you are watching.

4. then he should have sat down, sorry he doesn't get an injury excuse.

8. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

IDK what the hell is going on but if a guy is injured, he doesnt play. If he's playing then he should be able to play. No player is forced to play if they are injured, NONE.

9. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Junc you're losing me here. Favre was great that year until he got hurt and we were one of the better teams in the league until he got hurt. Playing through pain is not an injury excuse--he played through the pain.

The excuse for want of a better word is that the injury severly hampered his ability to be effective.

If he never gets hurt we walk into the playoffs.

_

10. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

He wasnt great though, you cant ignore the bad stretch, look at the entire body of work not just pick and choose which games made him look good.

11. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Miami Dolphins quarterback Chad Pennington (10) walks off the field after the Dolphins lost to the Baltimore Ravens 27-9 during an AFC wild-card NFL playoff football game at Dolphin Stadium in Miami, Sunday, Jan. 4, 2009.

And of course the game wasn't even as close really as 27-9. Face it, Chad choked in that game, and they showed they did not really belong in the playoffs.

I laughed my ass off that whole game.

12. Big Blocker

Sometimes the straightforward truth is too much for some to contemplate.

At least when it is at variance with their agenda.

I don't know why more people don't have junc on ignore.

13. Big Blocker

[​IMG]

I like this pic a whole lot, too. Heh.

14. JStokes

The last 5 games he was awful. Pretty much coinciding with when he was hurt.

At 8-3 we were the giddiest fans in the world and we were sure we were SB bound.

Up through game 11 he had only one truly bad game against Oakland. The last 5 weeks he was a different player.

That's just my recollection.

_

15. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

Just out of curiosity how do you know he was giving tips on how to beat the Packers to others?

16. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

You have a very interesting take on QB's is all i'll say.

17. JStokes

There is no need to ignore junc--you just have to take some of the stuff from the right perspective--understand that and you'll rest easier :lol:

Just read what you want or don't read it and feel free to agree or not agree with him.

Some of the Sanchez stuff, even to a me, is just so silly it doesn't merit a response.

But the Favre stuff he's just plain wrong.

_

18. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

I agree it was exciting, I thought we were Super Bowl bound to. Not gunna lie though, I have very vague memories of the 2008 season, I didnt get locked in into the NFL until 2009. I do recall the Seattle game being the most brutal game ive ever watched though, that game was worse than any other game ive seen. Rex has had some bad games but that was just on another level.

19. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

When Favre defeated the Patriots then undefeated Titans, improving the Jets to (8-3), I thought they had a legitimate chance of winning the Super Bowl. Favre looked great in Tennessee, throwing laser beam TD's. That is what makes the collapse so pathetic. Mangini deserved to be fired. Those final 5 games were beyond embarrassing. As for Chad losing to the Ravens, the Dolphins were not a good team. Getting them to 11 wins was amazing. I picked the Ravens to win that game.

20. JStokes

Too bad--because that was a GREAT time to be a Jet fan--folks were seriously talking about a Jets-Giants Superbowl. We were a really really good team and Favre was the leader.

After he hurt his shoulder, his play fell off a cliff and we went into the crapper the last 5 games.

Dammit.

_

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.