Are You SURE You REALLY Want Sanchez Off The Jets ??

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsKickAss, Dec 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

As I type this Colin Cowherd is saying that the Texans should bring in Sanchez.

2. The 1985er

All you Sanchez supporters at 11:15 am should tune in to the Cowherd show. He's going to have former Jets GM Tanny to tell us which teams Sanchez could start for.

3. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

The Jets would have won that Ravens game except Justin McCareins had a severe case of the drops. I believe this was the 2007 game.

Kellen Clemens was actually playing with Schotty for the Rams end of this year. Kind of went full circle there.

Chad left, helped Miami reach the playoffs, then had shoulder injuries the next years playing a total of 4 games. The Jets could have used Pennington in 2008 (the tail end of it), but the odds were low of him staying healthy.

The Favre acquisition then Sanchez draft really gave Clemens no chance to play again.

4. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

we keep Chad we win the division in 2008 but we don't get rex and probably don't see 2 title games.

5. displacedfan

We keep Chad AND he doesn't get hurt, we could win the division. But that second part, not getting hurt, odds are really low of that happening.

6. displacedfan

Ahh remember the final play vs Miami in 2008? We lined up with cornerbacks/running backs on the OL because we needed a 90+ yard lateral play to win so we put all the fastest guys/best hands out there. Creative idea, didn't work though.

7. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

When your QB can't stay healthy it's time to move on.

I liked Chad when he was healthy but the seasons where he managed to stay on the field without missing time to injury were 2002 and 2006. Every other season there were injury issues that held him and the Jets back.

I was fully in favor of giving 2007 to Clemens once Chad rolled the ankle. It was pretty obvious early on that the team was going to be bad, possibly epically bad, and I saw no reason to stay with a veteran QB who wasn't the long term answer.

FTR, the Jets went 1-7 in the games Chad started that year and 3-5 in the games Clemens started. The mistake in the season was in not just letting Clemens stay on the field after Chad got hurt in the opener. It was going to be bad results either way but at least the Jets would have gotten a better feel for Clemens before they moved on.

8. nyjunc

I understood moving on from Chad, they were frustrated w/ his inability to stay healthy. I thought at the time we should have kept him as we would have won a div title w/ him BUT in the end it though the trade was a disaster for 2008 it was best for us long term as it brought us Rex, Sanchez and 2 chances to reach SBs.

9. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Great post, Brad. This off season so far agrees with you!

I would even say that what Clemens did with his career after he left the Jets does not really say much about what might have happened. Not only did the Jets miss a chance for getting a better feel for him, but they also failed to develop him. Instead they set up their whole O around a limited and injury prone Qb, then expected Clemens to come in and succeed. He did do better in 07 than Chad, but Favre's availability plus Chad's health made it a clean, easy decision to bring in Favre. By then it was too late to give a better chance to Clemens, and obviously once Favre was signed, he was inked in as the starter.

One other factor is the Favre signing compares to Denver signing Manning to replace Tebow. It was the means by which a controversial Qb could be shipped out of town with the least dissent from the fanbase.

10. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

My point I was trying to make is that this is a similar situation to 2008. I wanted to keep Chad and felt he was the best option the Jets had. Now, in 2014, I want to keep Sanchez as I feel he is the best option. However, in both situations, I know both have worn out their welcome in New York and to fans, so it is time to move on.

11. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

I can't disagree with a word you said here. :up:

_

12. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

That's true only in theory. This is a results oriented business. If Sanchez goes on to win multiple SBs and Idzik failed to bring in a quality QB, he would get killed even if it was widely considered the right move at the time. GMs lose their job all the time by making perceived to be right decisions that do not pan out.

13. nyjunc

this is one of the most asinine posts I have ever read. He helped us reach TWO championship Games. That proves he could get it done here. from 1970(first year of the merger) through 2008 the Jets franchise made 2 championship games.

14. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Didn't realized I was on the Blocker watch list. What's the prize for having Blocker agree with your post?

15. nyjunc

[​IMG]

16. The 1985er

And guess what Favre was an upgrade over Pennington. Hopefully in year 2 Geno proves to be an upgrade.

17. nyjunc

he was? Chad took a team half as talented to a div title while we sat home. Chad was runner up in the MVP race and Favre was better?:rofl2:

18. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

There is no prize. Instead the intrinsic merit of such agreement should be obvious to you, as it is to many others here.

19. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

we're afraid of losing Sanchez because he might be chad Pennington. this team is so devoid of playoff success that the one guy that didn't do bad his first two years there who is mediocre at best since is a man we feel needs to be retained.

we're rationalizing bringing back a subpar QB because he was able to do something he shows hardly any signs of being able to do again. we write off his biggest failure (2012) despite the fact that a QB OF that caliber shouldn't bomb THAT baldy bad system and support be damned.

as a rookie? sure, understandable they often need a crutch at first. as a 4 year vet playoff winner? thats not how somebody like that plays damn it.

we're overrating him and making excuses for him even though doing so shouldn't be happening if he's worth it, because we're afraid we're giving up on something special.

we are not.... theres no signs of that player of late. move on.

20. nyjunc

again, you are being unfair. No QB would have succeeded under the circumstances of 2012. Eli w/ top 10 weapons to throw to was WORSE than Mark 2012 but we are willing to throw away a young QB for nothing. Amazing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.