Are You SURE You REALLY Want Sanchez Off The Jets ??

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsKickAss, Dec 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ajitator

Ajitator Well-Known Member

Mark has never played a down in this system during the regular season.

So you must be basing this on the preseason, In which Mark Stats were:

28/42 66.7% 366yds 2TD 2INT 90.0 Rating

And these are the stats that you're saying are enough to "prove" that he can't play here and should be cut?

What are you people all smoking? And can you share?

2. feldspar

feldspar Member

There you have it then.

A kid trying to inform those that were around to see it the history of the playoffs.

...head in the sand or elsewhere now. Perfect. Go Sanchez, one of the best post-season QBs ever.

Was I too hard on him? If so, I apologize.

3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

trade him to Cleveland haha.

They need a QB and maybe Pettine is as obsessed with Sanchez as Ryan is..(crosses fingers)

4. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

the hell he did, he would have been starter immediately!

destroyed? it was close as hell! the coaches said as much, some days one was better some the other, they wanted to end the competition early but neither would separate.

as confident as you are in Sanchez the organization seems to be thinking otherwise, while he's not horrible he wasn't good enough to separate from Smith in huge way.

Even if he HAD crushed Smith wouldn't he be named starter right freaking now for 2014? what explanation do you have for that?

if he's this good and can totally be the same TRULY EFFECTIVE QB he was the first 3 years why don't they give him the job now and call Smith the backup?

if he crushed him he'd be the starter! theres no reason. 0 to lie about that!

it wasn't a sham competition Junc, thats stupid beyond belief why wouldn't they play the best QB start if it was that clear? and don't give me "Smith was Idzik's guy!" either.

5. TonyMaC

we should be so lucky to get value back for him, though I doubt that happens.

6. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

it was not close at all, if it was up to the staff the "competition" would have been over long before but the Gm anted the sham competition to continue and it did until mark got hurt. Mark clearly won the job, it's not debatable.

7. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Why would anyone trade us something for Taco when it's obvious he will be released? He will be cut and will probably be a Raider methinks.

8. TonyMaC

my point being if they think the offense benefits him THAT much it should be overly apparent already and should lead to a decisive motion to make him starter, anything less than looking demonstratively improved is a failure at this point, theres no need to waist time if we aren't sure he's THE MAN. this is especially so when he's not good enough to separate himself from a rookie in camp. thats the biggest problem, the guy is not playing an acceptable level for a player of his tenure, and really 2013 was his a last chance to prove he could.

we don't need a another year to see what he has people,the developmental period is OVER. we need to let go of his past successes seeing as how his ability to access that level of play has progressively slipped from wherever he was before. if he was still at that NE win level the team would have made moves to suggest it wasn't even a question that he's the best QB on the team.

they haven't and he's not, meaning theres no point to bringing him back. its over guys, move on and recognize that while he's not the worse QB ever (most of the time) he's just not that good...

9. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Like I said. Show me something that says that the Jets had named Sanchez the starter.

I thought as a lawyer you'd be comfortable dealing in facts.

10. TonyMaC

if he won the job, he would have won the job. no nonsensical conspiracies needed.

"Wow Sanchez is a lot better than the new guy... its not even close... lets put in the new guy ANYWAY though! ...even though we could just as easily wait and put him, our team and our public perception in a better situation down the line by not exposing how raw he is and playing the apparently WAY better QB till he fails... this plan makes sense somehow!!!"

its not debatable because you're written a narrative you won't budge from. all reports during camp were up and down as to who was leading.

11. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

the up and down reports were earlier in camp before Geno had to face live defenses. geno has a nice arm, he's athletic. when throwing in drills he looks good but clearly w/ the pads on and going live he wasn't ready. That was evident from his first appearance in Detroit to the last one against NYG.

12. feldspar

feldspar Member

Crazy thing about Pettine going to the Browns so soon. He's a talented guy IMO. Well see what he does with an already talented Browns defense. I envision them doing very well on that side of the ball, as in top 5 or 10 next year.

Could go after Johnny Football too...I don't know. No way he's going to deliberately rest his future and reputation on Sanchez, though, as you probably realize. But this is bad news for the Bills, I think. Pettine had that defense on track. No way they do better than him now, probably.

13. He'll never start w/ NY again..Let the kid go elsewhere & try to turn around his career.

There is a small part of me that would love to see him go elsewhere & succeed. Just to shove it to all these morons among this fan base who wanted to write him off the second things got tough.You aren't real Jet fans & you don't deserve to see the team win.

14. Jets Esq.

Jets Esq. Guest

They would do it if multiple teams were interested in him, to ensure that they get him.

I could see Sanchez in black and silver, but they have a top 5 pick and might be able to draft a new QB. I would say that the Bucs and Vikings are the most likely landing spots for Sanchez. They both have bad QB situations, and new head coaches, yet won't be able to draft one of the highly touted QB prospects.

15. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Only true Jets fans want ex-Jets to go succeed elsewhere.

16. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Not that type of a lawyer, there are no black and white "facts" in my line of work. It's mostly supposition which is where I am most comfortable and what I find interesting. Black and white facts are boring. Purely factual driven stuff? Boring.

However I'm surprised you needed a memo from Rex to point out the obvious. What was obvious to every football sportswriter and football radio commentator and to most fans who are not pure haters?

I mean, why was it a blunder or boneheaded for him to put the worst QB in the league in a meaningless game, a second or third stringer no less? That would just be a run-of-the-mill poor choice, like making a bad challenge or calling a bad time out.

It's only a blunder or boneheaded for one reason. You'd have to use supposition to figure it out.

_

17. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Is your position is that Rex had already made his decision or was nearly decided on Sanchez as the starter? I didn't read any of the links you posted, so maybe I'm missing something, but what possible reason could their be for Rex to put Sanchez into the game at that point if he knew Sanchez was his starter?

Can we start with the assumption that Rex isn't completely irrational or stupid? As much as I criticize Rex I don't think he's irrational or stupid. Clearly he's a relatively intelligent man to have made his way through the NFL coaching ranks.

I'm not buying that he wanted to win the Snoopy bowl either, so you'll have to do better than that. What do you suppose the reason was?

18. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Mark didn't prove enough to the coaching staff in the pre-season. If Mark indeed did, Mark would have been on the bench getting ready for the season as the starter.

It's funny how people are saying, Mark won the starting job. No, he did not. He wanted Mark to earn the job, so he put him out there. It backfired unfortunately.

19. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

This.

Anything else is delusional homerism.

20. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Pettine saw what Mark could do to a good defense. Kill 'em. I don't think he wants any part of him (and losing). Because the Browns owner will fire him after one season, too. Just like he did with Chud who had 3 Qbs go down in only one season and he still got fired even though his team was competitive. Hoyer was their best Qb but I think the owner wants a big name and they might use the Richardson pick along with their no. 4 to trade up to get Manziel.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.