Are You SURE You REALLY Want Sanchez Off The Jets ??

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsKickAss, Dec 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

This theory is ridiculous, if Eli Manning was available do you think the 49ers take him? Do you think the Falcons take him? do you thin the Patriots take him? Do you think the Broncos take him?

I guess Eli is just a decent backup on any decent team to.

2. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

The NY sports writers are funny like that. Last and during the year it was Rex would be gone after 1 year because Idzik will want his own guy. Now it's a far gone conclusion that Sanchez will not be back for basically the same reasons. If Sanchez comes back, they'll act like they knew it all along. If he goes else where and succeeds, they'll do as you say. I don't think the writers have a beat, excuse the pun, on this Idzik at all. I don't think any of us do. He migh just be a Woody-worshiping-Rex-loving-Suckchez-apologist.

3. Ajitator

Ajitator Well-Known Member

This is amazing. Not to mention mark was 24 and 25 when he put up those numbers. Coming out of school the only real knock on him was that he was young and hadn't had a ton of starts, And was not given any time to learn the game. Kaep took 1.5 years of clipboard holding to get to that point and spot play to get the grasp of the game he has now and has a better team then Mark ever had around him.

I can't believe despite all this everyone wants to get rid of him. He has a 50% rate of taking us to the playoffs in seasons that he started. The team nearly squeezed out a playoff berth in 2011 as well if not for the late season TEAM (emphasis on TEAM ) collapse.

So what you're all saying is even though he's one of the best post season QBs OF ALL TIME, and even though he really only had 1 season as a starter where we were out of contention before the last week in the season. With that year being with Tim Tebow and Tony Fistpump leading the way, both of whom are out of a Job right now, ( if you consider OC Tony S's "job" ). You all would rather bring in guys that don't have half the success or nearly the familiarity with the system being run.

4. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

He was not coached well either, at all. It makes me wonder if Bill O Brien was the one who made those statements yesterday. O brien did watch Sanchez outplay his New England offense three times in a two year span.

5. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

He's not nearly as good as you think he was; and you're asking the Jets to bring back a guy that might become something he's shown he's incapable of being. It's not like Sanchez is a rookie that has upside. He's a 4 year vet there's enough game film on him to let you know what he is.

If Sanchez put up numbers like this.

2009- 20 TD's 12 INT's 59% completion

2010- 24 TD's 10 INT's 60% completion

2011- 32 TD's 10 INT's 62% completion

Then let's say 2012 happen the way it did. THEN I'd be open to bringing him back.

6. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I hope he takes a low offer and stays on board for the QB battle. I have this hate/love relationship with this guy. I really would hate to see him succeed somewhere else though knowing we could have potentially had him here :/

7. legler82

LOL...I love how you have a certain set of numbers in your mind that would allow you to want to bring him back. Do the other available QBs in FA market meet this criteria?

8. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Sadly there are no QBs in the market that would fit this criteria but there could be a few draft picks that could in time. However, we do know that Sanchez sucks and will never come close to those numbers as evidenced by his 4 years + here.

9. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Give it a rest. You and these other clowns you have no other argument but "playoff" numbers are pretty sad. People want to get rid of him because he is a bottom 5 QB and being paid like a top 5-7 QB. People are tired with bottom of the barrel mediocrity and that is what Mark brings.

You want to emphasize "team" so much, the only reason Mark made the playoffs was because of the "team". He didnt do anything to will his team to the playoffs. Go check the numbers and the turnovers. It wasnt like he playing lights out and carried his team the other way around. You can spew off your playoff garbage all you want but anyone with a clue knows that Mark is a sorry NFL QB who could maybe start on 1 or 2 other teams but those teams are literally garbage.

10. Ajitator

Alex Smith, Drew Brees, Warren Moon, Doug Flutie, Rich Gannon, and Kurt Warner all say hi.

11. Ajitator

Stopped reading here. Thanks for making that easy for me.

12. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Not a chance, Idzik obviously wants to end the relationship between Sanchez and Rex. If Sanchez was on the team it would allow Rex to start him over Geno which I don't believe the GM wants to see happen.

We all could be wrong though, perhaps Idzik wants to keep Sanchez, he has never commented on it.

13. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

You should probably edit your post to take out one of these statements :grin:

_

14. feldspar

feldspar Member

"put up those numbers?"

LOL, now you are being ridiculous. Gimme a break with these QB rating numbers as if they are any kind of measuring stick to the level a QB plays at.

Tim Tebow had a game with the Broncos where he completed TWO passes the entire game. Again, he completed TWO passes, and he played the entire game...nobody else was in there at QB. What was his QB rating? Well, his QB rating was 102.6. All he did was make plays to help his team win (LOL), and the Broncos DID win. Boy, if he could only play that way in the playoffs, he'd be the third best postseason QB of all time, and very close to third.

There are running backs with PERFECT quarterback ratings. Why? Because they threw ONE pass, and it was a touchdown. Maybe we should have them as franchise quarterbacks based on their rating.

You have to GET to the playoffs first. While we are talking this crazy way, maybe the Jets should start Tebow during the regular season...after all, his quarterback rating is better than Sanchez's. Look it up; I ain't lying.

"One of the best postseason QBs of all time" is so laughable that it's not even funny.

#1494 feldspar, Jan 23, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2014
  15. Ajitator

It's funny cause it's true?

Comparing marks playoff performances with a game where Tebow threw two passes is the only thing funny about what you posted.

The people on this board are something else. You don't have to use QBR as the metric, by any account marks post season numbers are good, anyone that says he didn't play well in those games should really look to these playoffs to see what it takes to win these games.

What were Brady's numbers this weekend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Plus, Jim Harbaugh is believed to be a slightly better OC than Tony Sparano and Brian Schottenheimer. But I'm probably making excuses.

17. legler82

That's all I saw from your post.

18. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

In fairness to Brady, he is working with another OC, he had injuries to deal with, and the FO did not do anything for him in FA.

Oh wait.......LOL

19. feldspar

feldspar Member

No, from what I understand you looked at his QB rating compared to other postseason QBs, and you came to the conclusion that Mark was one of the best based on that. Did I get you wrong...if so, how? I brought up Tebow to illustrate the absurdity of going off the QB rating. What I said is true.

He wasn't asked to do all that much is my point. Protect the ball, don't make mistakes, and make a play here or there. This in not the formula for a great performance. Execute it well, and you did a good job, but let's not get carried away. The whole plan would be shot to shit if the rest of the team wasn't on track with the plan. I've seen most playoff games since the merger, and calling Mark one of the best postseason QBs of all-time is beyond asinine, especially when you want to compare it to QBs of different eras when the game was different.

I didn't say he didn't play well, but I think he was protected from having to do much in a general sense compared to the QBs that REALLY deserve the most post-season props. Winning may make you turn backflips and lose your perspective, but QBs whose TEAMS have lost have had better games than QBs whose teams have won as well, believe it or not.

#1499 feldspar, Jan 23, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2014
  20. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

lmao!!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.