17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Trump ruined the USFL. It was a fun alternative to baseball during the late spring/summer but dick head tried to merge it with the NFL and bamm, USFL defunct. He's the biggest dick ever, even more then Dolan. I would give my STH's in one second if that jack ass was involved with the Jets

2. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Are U the CFO of Trump to know that is a fact, fact? BTW why not spell out for all of us what Woody has done for the NYJs during his tenure. U can leave out the stadium BTW. I can easily come up with Bellichek, Groh, Edwards, Mangini & of course RR & Tanny :sad:

3. championjets69

That jackass has billions while U only have dollars :sad:

4. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

I think Champ watches, and loves The Apprentice and has bought into Trumps BS. The best things I've ever heard said about Donald Trump were said by Donald Trump.

I don't really like Woody, but count me as one who'd take him over The Donald. At least Woody doesn't shill himself on TV. He's dicked-over so many creditors with his bankruptcy filings I can't imagine how he'd treat season ticket holders. If he owned the team he'd pretend he knew a lot about football. He'd be Jerry Jones without the ability to evaluate football talent (I say that with some sarcasm). He might have some success in a sport without a salary cap because he could spend to cover his mistakes (Steinbrenner) but that wouldn't fly in this league.

I'm happy to read the anti-Trump comments by others because it shows me his charade is wearing thin.

#18324 LogeSection2RowJ, Jan 23, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2014
  5. championjets69

Nah never watch it but Trumps credo is be the best & he hires people who are it appears. I was just in Vegas & Chicago & those Trump buildings look AOK to me as well as the ones naturally in NYC so somewhere along the way he has developed business sense which I think for sure is lacking on this board. My friend who is a golfer says he is turning Doral into a World Class golf course & I would sure like the NYJs to be WORLD CLASS as well rather then 45 year old losers :sad:

6. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Half the "Trump" buildings are just naming rights. He licenses his name to properties that he hasn't developed himself & does not own. Developers market the brand to get more buyers/renters. It's sort of like if the Jets built the new meadowlands and then paid metlife to name it instead of them paying the Jets. So it's bizarro world, or is it the NFL that's bizzaro :breakdance:

7. championjets69

I googled about this post & could find nothing to validate what you posted :sad:

8. GordonGecko

He doesn't exactly like to everyone to know about that.

"Mr. Trump often licenses his name to other developers in return for a fee or a cut of the sales"

- Wall Street Journal

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB124261067783429043

#18328 GordonGecko, Jan 24, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2014
  9. JetsSec337Lot13B

I wouldn't be shocked to see get-ins go under $200 on gameday. Was trying to help a friend sell a pair and he fortunately got out just in time. I also just unloaded both my parking passes. Did well on those.

10. championjets69

Ah I thought U were talking of the ones I saw in Vegas & Chicago & NY which is what I referred to :sad:

11. GordonGecko

5100 tickets still available for the Super Bowl, get in price is hovering around $1500. That's a lot of float, considering median price is about $2500 which means around $12.7 million up for sale with 7 days to go.

http://www.stubhub.com/super-bowl-t...-rutherford-metlife-stadium-2-2-2014-4332573/

Chances are it could be freezing rain on Sunday, I bet we see a big price collapse on Sunday afternoon. Might be your one and only chance to go to the Super Bowl on the cheap. Only question is how low can they go

12. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Champ likes Trump= Trump is a douche

13. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I already got the approval from wifey for 800 bucks. As soon as I see a ticket for 800, I will jump on it.

My another plan is to put cash in my pockets and head to Seacaucus station at around 3PM to see if there are any scalpers. If yes, lucky me. If not, I will head back home.

14. no psls

no psls Banned

Who cares if the Jets aren't playing .:pats_suck:

15. championjets69

How do U know? Did I tell that to U? However, since Trump is far more successful then you or me I THINK he would be a far better manager/owner then Woody is :sad:

16. GordonGecko

haha, Trump is the polar opposite of successful. He was born to a wealthy real estate developer and inherited a ton of money he proceeded to piss away and has gone BANKRUPT four times. He is a class A moron, the only thing he's good at is running his mouth. The guy is a train wreck, people just can't look away. His whole persona is smoke and mirrors and fake gold plated toilets & chandeliers. If you're setting this guy up as a role model for running a business you're going to be in a world of hurt

17. GordonGecko

I love how when you buy tickets once in a season on ticketmaster and then all of a sudden the Jets are your best friend. Just got a cold call from a rep, put it through voicemail. He thanked me for buying tickets this year, said there were some "incredible opportunities" for the upcoming season. Ended with "talk to you soon, bud".

I should just put a fake number on my ticketmaster account because obviously the team is mining that data for every penny they can

18. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

when you get a call like that you think Billionaire Woody Johnson and all his millionaires but the people making those calls probably aren't making very much so don't take it out on them, they are just trying to make a living.

19. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

I live within long-walking distance of the stadium and thought about doing something like that. Then I thought about what a Seahawks/ Broncos game in adverse weather conditions, seated in the spartan, way to high in the air, section that is MetLife's stadium's third tier, and compared that scenario to what the alternative is: One of the parties I've been invited to, or a local-near-the site bar, and came to the conclusion that even though it's called a "Super Bowl" it ain't worth more than MAYBE $300 to me. I suspect that if I somehow paid ONLY $300 I'd regret it by 8:00PM.

Maybe I'm getting old and grouchy, but there's no WOW factor in it without the Jets involved, or without it being part of a larger excursion to another city. I am resisting the NFL hype-machine. My price to be able to claim attendance at a 'Big Game" in seats worse than I'm accustomed to in the other 35 times I've watched football there is $300 max.

20. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

What are we going to do when the Jets make the Super Bowl? I suspect at least half of the attendance will be TGG members. I told my girlfriend if we have to sell a car, so be it...