Are You SURE You REALLY Want Sanchez Off The Jets ??

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsKickAss, Dec 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Don't mistake my post as defending Alex Smith.

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

really? he was outstanding in postseason, hasn't had a bad postseason game and that is the biggest stage. The only time he failed was the end of 2011 and that was a team failure. The D was just as responsible as he was.

My view is reality, your view is warped as is the view of the average fan b/c he doesn't put up good fantasy #s but he helped us win a lot of games and we don't make either title game w/o his play.

Point to as many games as you want, there are very few games we lost b/c of mark and we have seen more talented teams w/ supposed much better QBs not be able to do what he did in postseason.

Just look at Cincy? if they got mark quality QB play I guarantee they are not 0-3 in the playoffs the last 3 years.

3. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

That's quite a leap...LOL:lol::lol::lol:

4. nyjunc

I am not getting personal just a generic thought. I see so many people unhappy in their lives that have to boo and bash players, want this guy or that guy fired, traded, etc... You clearly root against certain jet players, that's a phony fan to me. The funny thing is he was a key part of the best 2 year stretch in team history, the only time we won playoff games in back to back seasons and we won 2 each time yet he is awful and you guys want him gone. Amazing.

5. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Not really, look at the context.

6. NotSatoshiNakamoto

What do you know about anyone being unhappy in their personal lives junc? Nothing. You clearly tried to get personal with me but I'm not taking your troll bait.

You are also a liar. Show me one post where I ever rooted against a Jet player in a regular season or playoff game. I may have rooted against a player in an exhibition game because I didn't want them to win a competition, but that's only because I thought it was what was best for the team.

If you cannot find such a post, you owe me an apology or just admit that you're a liar.

If you believe I'm a phony fan because I want Sanchez off the Jets that's your opinion. I want the Jets to win superbowls and I don't believe Sanchez helps in that regard.

7. legler82

The best option was based on your comment which I've quoted below.

He doesn't have to be whatever your version of "good" is, he just have to be what Idzik believes is the best option at the right price that will satisfy a specific need which I believe is COMPETITION. If he wins the job, that's, depending on your point of view, a bonus or disaster.

Those that are oppose bringing Sanchez back seem to be the only ones that continue to project him winning the job. I keep bringing up the Alex Smith comparison because it so fitting. When Alex Smith took his pay cut to come back following his year on IR because of his shoulder, he DID NOT WIN THE STARTING QB COMPETITION IN CAMP.

That's strictly from the perspective of a sub set of the fans, not the GM. Sanchez never fooled Idzik, the guy ultimately responsible for bringing him back.

8. legler82

I think Ducasse can pull a Slauson next year if he's not resigned. Does that context make me less than a Jets fan than those that were counting down the days, hours, minutes and seconds to when he officially became a UFA?

9. nyjunc

troll bait? that's hysterical coming from you.

I see the people at the games, I see people always whining about players and coaches. I know your type. I may be wrong having never met you but I know the type.

You just typed:

I interpret this as you have rooted against certain players and the team in games that "don't matter".

sounds like you have a guilty conscience about this which is why it is upsetting you so much.

for all your bashing of me that is unprovoked I am the one who deserves an apology but I don't need one.

10. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

I'm not buying your argument. Did you seriously just compare Eli with Mark when one has a super bowl ring and has been in the league almost twice as long?

11. nyjunc

I simply stated a fact, the "great" Eli Manning has many more TOs since 2009 and his 2013 w/ top weapons was far worse than mark's lone bad year of 2012 w/ the worst weapons in the league AND Tony Sparano.

By the way, the difference btw the '07/'11 NYG and '09/'010 NYJ was D/STs not QB. Switch the QBs the results are the same.

12. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

No problem, Brad. I think we agree despite your choice of metric that the 12 Arizona game was a huge piece of evidence going against MS.

13. NotSatoshiNakamoto

At least you admit it.

14. nyjunc

at least you admit it

15. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Of course not, but you didn't talk about it as if you'd be happy Ducasse showed the Jets who was boss.

Letting Slauson go was Idziks biggest mistake so far IMO. I don't see Ducasse working out like that but I guess it's possible. Maybe on a team that is super run heavy like the '09 Jets.

16. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

I like it when Junc starts reeling and then has to resort to hypoheticals, such as, "The Bengals would be 3-0 in the Playoffs with Sanchez..."

It just reeks of desperation in an already weak argument.

17. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

What's funny is how desperately you cling to things like Playoff victories (regarding Mark).

I can only imagine what you'd be like as a Giants fan, if people were talking shit on Eli, who by the way, has actually won bigtime in the NFL. How hard would you cling to that, hmm?

18. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

What if Belichick makes him the backup to Brady ???

19. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Or Jeff Garcia.....or the VAST MAJORITY of young QB's/high-draft picks who 'got it' later in the NFL (after 5-7 seasons) and became quality starters or outstanding backups.

20. nyjunc

reading isn't your friend, huh?

yeah, I should cling to comp % and meaningless fantasy stats!

switch the QBs and the team results are the same, it's not Mark's fault that Eli's D/STs stepped up and his did not.

I would hate that but it's possible. my guess is they will try to trade Mallett and they will need a backup.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.