Are You SURE You REALLY Want Sanchez Off The Jets ??

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsKickAss, Dec 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

how many games did he throw away for us? not many. the problem is whiny fans who don't appreciate what he did would be groaning at the first bad play and would make it very difficult for him to overcome. If we had a good, supportive fanbase there wouldn't be any issues.

2. nyjunc

Jet fans don't root against their own players.

3. Ajitator

Ajitator Well-Known Member

The only accurate part of your post.

Does not, That's manufactured in your head.

He's gone 4 years without causing any problem and never questioned the coaching staff during any of his games where he was benched. Where does this "aggravation" for the team come from? Again,.. Manufactured... by you.

WHO GIVES A CRAP ABOUT THE CROWD AND WHAT THEY THINK?!

Seriously, This is the DUMBEST excuse. If he starts winning everyone will be behind him. If he sucks he will be riding the pine. If the crowd had any input on who the QB is Simms would have started the second half of the season and Tebow would have started all of 2012.

Saying that making a smart football move is dumb for the JETS because of a restless crowd is unbelievably stupid.

The only thing that should keep Sanchez from coming back and competing for the NY Jets starting QB is money. If he't not williing to throw away a lot of money then he's gone. If he does then I will back him coming back to compete 100%. ( because it's the smart thing to do ).

4. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Lol

The hatred is strong my man. Stop making sense

5. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

If Sanchez was willing to take a 90% paycut for 2014 there wouldn't be any issues either. Don't kid yourself this is a fanbase thing.

6. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Mark has a tough hill to climb. They are going to boo Mark, do you not realize that will have a negative effect on the entire team? It will take a lot of good play for Mark to be in the Jets good graces.

He plays for 1.5 million next season - I think he could earn the respect of the fans a little quicker also.

7. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Ftr I have this clown ajitator on ignore, but since you quoted him I might as well clarify that he misunderstood my post. I first of all did not say if I were Oakland or Minnesota that I WOULD try and get MS. I merely said they are in a different situation than the Jets, and that includes that would both be a change of scenery for MS.

Brad points to one of the reasons why MS would perhaps benefit from a change of scenery, and ajitator apparently went to mischaracterize that as well. The fact is that a starting Qb being booed in his home stadium is a factor likely to affect his performance. One can say all they want that it should not. but it does.

The Jets in any event had poor passing stats because Smith was mostly awful. I am on record of being unhappy with him, but also recognize it is far from certain that he is a bust. Comparing him to MS is apples and oranges unless Smith shows no improvement in his second year. Then you will have a somewhat more useful basis for comparing them. As it stands now we know what MS's ceiling is, and it is too low. We don't know that about Smith. Yet.

8. Big Blocker

And from the usual tenor of your posts here, specifically about Sanchez, I can say with confidence you would not know sense if it hit you in the face like a 2x4.

9. Jetscrazy87

Jetscrazy87 Member

I will say this, I am a big Sanchez supporter and although I would love for him to prove the critics in our fanbase wrong on this team I don't see how that is possible anymore. When the jets release him in February and he signs with the Texans or the Vikings he will get his fair shot to win a starting job. The reason I specify these two teams is because I think he could go to either and be successful. More so the texans, with top 10 defense, Arian foster, Andre Johnson and deandre Hopkins to throw to basically the same formula we had in 09 & 10.

10. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Lol

This guy!!

Damn. I guess I gotta work on my Internet reputation.

11. Ajitator

"clown"....

You're the one responding to people you have on ignore when they're obviously not talking to you. ( or have no intention of talking to you becuase you're pretty much just an A$$hole ) Not to mention that there are a number of posters that have already agreed with my post. But,. since they don't agree with something you said they must be as dumb as I am right?

Well done, Ser. You truly are the best poster around and we all need to just realize that and bow to your superior intellect.

12. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

You do realize that Geno is just a rookie right? Not a 4 year starter like your lover. These articles are nothing but bogus material. If it wasnt, then why is there not a single named coach in any of them? They have no credibility whatsoever until a name is attached to it.

There is plenty of reasons. 95 ints + fumbles in 4 years is more then enough reason to not bring back one of the worst qbs in football during his 4 year tenure.

13. Ajitator

You do realize that Geno had more turnovers this year then Mark did in his rookie year, right?

You all come in here blasting people and calling names and saying Sanchez is my "lover". It really shows how mature and intelligent you are, that you can't put together a solid argument without taking immature shots at people.

All I'm saying is if he's willing to come back and compete for cheap I'd rather have him then any other FA QB right now. I'm not saying hand him the job. Just give him a shot. Theres absolutely NO reason not to if the price is right.

You people are nuts.

14. nyjunc

don't worry about that gutless poster, he puts anyone on ignore than he can't debate with then continually criticizes them. He's one of our worst posters here.

he doesn't have 95+ INTs and fumbles and using that theory the giants should get rid iof Eli who has far more TOs than mark since Mark entered the league.

15. dannymac910

dannymac910 Member

lol hometown discount? So Mark is from Jersey now?

16. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Let me see...

In 2009 we have:

@ NO where he threw 3 picks and the Jets lost 27-14. On him all the way. Ok, he was just a rookie making his 4th start, that's understandable.

vs the Bills where he threw 5 picks while the Jets were rushing for 300+ yards and they lost 16-13. ON HIM ALL THE WAY. Ok, still a rookie, I get it.

vs Jax where he threw 2 picks (to none for Garrard) and the Jets lost 24-22. Hmmm. The QB throws 2 picks and the margin is 2 points at the end...

@ NE where he threw 4 picks and the Jets lost 31-14. He lost a fumble also. Please, this one is on Sanchez. 5 TO's and the Jets get blown out. Surprise, surprise. He's still a rookie but the rookie has now cost the Jets 4 games this season. They were 11-5 based on the pythagorean thing but wound up 9-7. If they had just won half the games Sanchez threw away to this point they're right on the Mark.

But then there's the game vs Atl where Sanchez throws 3 more picks and the Jets lose 10-7. At home. The thing standing between the Jets and a potential division championship in 2009 was Mark Sanchez. He threw away 5 games in their 7 losses. If the Jets had won 3 of those 5 games they go 12-4.

Ok, so that's 2009, which was a rookie debacle in the regular season that nobody defends much. The Jets hid Sanchez big time in the playoffs because that's what you have to do when letting him play is going to cost you games and that's where he was at that point.

So we move to 2010 where Sanchez matured some and supposedly didn't cost the Jets many, if any, games.

Except...

The opener against Baltimore where he threw for 74 yards and the Jets lost 10-9. At home. Your defense holds the opponent to 10 points at home (again, remember Atlanta in 2009) and you lose anyway. This is becoming a pattern.

Then at home against Green Bay. Sanchez throws 2 picks, completes 42% of his passes and the Jets lose 9-0. Pattern...

@ NE Sanchez throws 3 picks and 33 passes for under 5 YPA. The Jets get routed 45-3. Yeah it was a team loss and the QB was a big part of the team in making that loss happen.

The next week vs the Fins Sanchez throws 44 passes for under 5 YPA and a pick and the Jets lose 10-6. AT HOME. This is three games this season already where the defense has held the opponent to 10 points or less at home and lost anyway.

Of course some here will tell you that Sanchez was a comfortably above average QB in 2010 when in fact he ranked 26th overall in YPA and 29th in Comp Pct and 27th in QBRat in the NFL.

So the first two years are over and I count 5 games that the Jets win with just average QB play. That's the 5 losses they took while giving up a combined total of 55 points or 11 a game. Sanchez threw 11 picks in the 5 games and that will kill you every time when you cannot score points as the Jets often could not with Mark Sanchez at the helm. The other 4 losses where he was terrible were probably 2-2 with a better QB. The Jets weren't winning the 45-3 rout no matter what. They probably weren't winning the 31-14 loss @ NE either.

On to 2011 where Mark Sanchez is going to find new and exciting ways to lose games.

He's going to lose to Tim Tebow because he couldn't make the Jets offense work all game and he threw a pick 6 late which turned the momentum towards the Broncos.

He's going to lose to the Giants in a game where he put 59 balls in the air for 4.4 YPA, threw 2 interceptions and lost a fumble.

He's going to lose a 2 point game to the Fins where he threw 2 interceptions to a defensive lineman.

The loss to Philly was another team loss but Sanchez threw 2 picks and gave away a fumble in the course of the rout.

You'll note that I didn't include the 34-17 rout by the Ravens in the count this year. Sanchez played terribly in that game but it was obvious from the opening snap that the Jets offensive line would be unable to control the line of scrimmage and Sanchez never had a chance in that game.

So we're through three years now and I count at least 7 games and maybe as many as 9 that Sanchez has cost the Jets over the first three years of his career. Good QB's are worth a couple of wins a season, maybe three or four for a great QB. Average QB's maybe go plus one to minus one depending on the breaks. Sanchez is conservatively minus two a year at this point and he's about to have the year that ended his tenure with the Jets.

So in 2012 Mark Sanchez put up a string of games that has to be seen to be believed. He completed less than 50% of his passes in 8 of his 15 starts. He was under 6 YPA in 9 of his 15 starts. He had 8 QBR's under 25.0. For reference Geno Smith was under 25.0 8 times this year as well.

All in all Sanchez probably cost the Jets 2 wins in 2012. He clearly cost them the Titans game late. He probably cost them the Bills game as well with a pick 6 early on and then a key fumble late after which the Bills scored two TD's to ice the game. You can argue the Texans game as well where Sanchez got picked off on the Texans 5 in a 14-7 game and the Texans returned it to the Jets 9 and kicked a FG to make it 17-7 at the half. Potential 14-14 became 17-7 on a red zone mistake by Sanchez. Then in a one score game he was picked off as the 4th quarter wound down.

At this point we're 4 years into the Mark Sanchez era and he has probably given the opponents 2 games a year over that span.

That's why the Jets are moving on. It's not that Sanchez was an average QB and they need better. It's that he was a walking disaster area a few times a year and no team can overcome that. Not when the guy is almost never the reason you won the game when you win.

17. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

This applies both ways.

18. Big Blocker

Heh. No problem. I hope you don't take it personally. It's only a message board.

In fact now that i reread my post why would you think something was "sense" if it was like a 2X4?

If it was really like a 2X4, you would think it was a 2X4, no?

Well, nobody's perfect.

19. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I've never rooted against Jets players in a game that mattered. No one gives a shit of your what your ideal fan is btw.

20. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Not sure I get your point. I don't need to be a Sanchez fan to be a Jets fan. Sanchez blows IMO. If he's playing for the Jets in a game that matters I'll be rooting for him to do well. Until then I'm rooting for him to be cut.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.