Are You SURE You REALLY Want Sanchez Off The Jets ??

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsKickAss, Dec 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Oakland, Cleveland, Minnesota, Houston. That's the grab bag of teams that are so desperate at QB that anybody with a pulse would look good. I'd throw Jacksonville in there but they actually won 4 games in the second half of the season with Henne, and as mediocre as he looked he wasn't worse than Sanchez over that stretch.

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Eli Manning w/ top 10 weapons was worse than Mark 2012 w/ the worst weapons in the league. Mark will bounce back somewhere, he was and will be a good QB again in this league.

3. APK 8

APK 8 Well-Known Member

Yes, Geno is a better QB than Sanchez.

4. APK 8

APK 8 Well-Known Member

Bounce back to what level of play? I hope he does go to a team and get the opportunity to start. I just wonder what level he will reach.

5. nyjunc

not even close.

6. nyjunc

he had one bad year in this league.

7. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

I'd argue, especially in the regular season Marks lost as many games as he's won for the Jets. Look, physically he has the tools...but he just consistently makes poor decisions and the Jets won, when they were winning, by limiting what Mark had to do, the more they needed him to do the less likely they were to win. That's how they won 3 of the 4 games they won in the playoffs, by limiting Marks impact on the game and limiting his impact on the game, in fact in the San Diego game he played so poorly the jets should have lost that game. The same can be said for the Colts game.

The simple fact is Mark has physical talent, but so do most QB's who come in to the league...it's their ability to make the correct decisions on the field that separate the men from the boys on the field. Maybe Mark gets his head together and the game slows down for him at some point...but I wouldn't bet on it.

8. nyjunc

I would say very few games we lost primarily b/c of QB play.

he was forced to try to do more in 2011 and 2012 b/c e didn't have the talent around him. when we had good talent he was really good in 2010.

the reality is he has had one bad year in a year where he had the worst offensive talent in the league around him. I am not saying he will become Tom Brady but he's a quality starter and a guy you know you can win w/ if you have a decent team around him. we are going to give up on him, I believe it is a mistake. I appreciate everything he did for our team.

9. cval

cval Well-Known Member

The fact still remains is that there were extenuating circumstances around Mark and he was still able to win 10 games in 2010 in his second year. What was influential in most of those 10 wins.

He was on an upward trajectory until he got hurt late 2011 and his oline became a turn style. In 2012 he was not as bad as most think until the last few games. He had to deal with the circus and sparano and no weapons.

Qbs get better especially with talent and a good OC. Something Sanchez has never had but yet was still successful. He is not a 10 year vet like some on here seem to think.

10. nyjunc

technically he won 11 even though he barely played week 17.

a good day for Sanchez articles, first the one w/ a coach saying he'd start and now:

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/34809/nfln-surveysuper-bowl-player-jets

11. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Mark might actually get decent money on the market too. Flacco makes $20 million right? Jets owe him like $13 million on the cap this year. Reasonable compared to Flacco, but too much. If/When Mark is cut, he will still do fine. Matt Moore signed a 2 year, $8 million deal last year, so Mark is likely to make at least $5 million a year in a new destination.

12. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

This board wont appreciate Sanchez until he's gone. Talk to me when we are playing in an AFC Championship again. Talk to me when we are in the playoffs and our QB has a 127.3 rating, talk to me when you watch a QB stare death in the face and make plays to put his team into FG range. Do people not realize the extreme level of difficulty Sanchez faced when he got the ball down 2 with 41 seconds left? How many guys completely fold in that situation?

13. nyjunc

some day he will be appreciated, all we have to do is look how fondly the board thinks of Ken O'Brien who was basically hated when he was playing here. I hope Geno helps us win SBs but I will always appreciate what mark helped this team do.

14. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

....that was how long ago? You need to quit living in the past. Talk to me when Nacho is a starting QB in the NFL again. 95 fumbles and INTs in 4 years is all you need to know about this scrub.

15. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Fuckin' Mark Sanchez......the only player who gets BETTER when he's NOT playing!!!

[​IMG]

16. The Dark Knight

Beyond unlikely. The only good news for Jets fans is Geno is easily replaceable. Hopefully in 2014, but if not, definitely in 2015.

17. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Doesnt matter how long ago it was, he did it and is capable of doing it again.

18. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

We should sign Rex Grossman since he once "led" his team to a Super Bowl. I mean he did it once so he should be able to do it again right?

19. The Dark Knight

That is the funny part. It WASN'T that long ago. Win 4 playoff games, then go 8-8, then have a terrible year as a team overall in 2012, then injured in a terrible way in 2013. Giving up on Mark Sanchez makes no sense. Not only can he still be good, he could be better than he ever has been, and continue to play at a high level for the next 5+ years.

20. nyjunc

It's 89 not 95 and know how many 2 time SB MVP Eli Manning has had since 2009? 117

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.