Are You SURE You REALLY Want Sanchez Off The Jets ??

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsKickAss, Dec 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Swedish Ale

Swedish Ale Member

So you do it for "fun".
    And conflict is appearently good for a message board.
    Ok.

What would you think of a multi-thousand-poster who's trying to convince everyone that we should've given Tebow a real shot here, and that we still should aim to do that?

2. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

lol

In order to get to the postseason, we have to win regular season games, and you already seen for your self that the formula we had in place wasn't sustainable without consistent QB play.

He had 2 good playoff games 09 Cincy and 10 Patriots. His other games were bad/mediocre. I'm positive most NFL QB's could've emulated or even exceeded his performance in those games and we'd still win.

3. FlashGordon

FlashGordon Active Member

Sanchez completely lost me after the 2012 collapse, but as long as a massive pay cut can be negotiated, I'll take him over all the other free agent stiffs out there. I'm assuming someone will pay Vick to be a starter and McCown re-signs with the Bears. Tarvaris Jackson? Shaun Hill? Chad Henne? Why bother.

Of course, I'm not seeing how Sanchez accepts an 8 or 9 million dollar pay cut, so I don't think he'll be back.

4. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

Haha. In the past, I mentioned a parallel between the apologists for Tebow and Sanchez. Glad someone else noticed, too.

5. BravesNolesnJETS12

BravesNolesnJETS12 New Member

I'm not following you....Mark Sanchez didn't have Baldwin,Tate,Harvin & Lynch either, but in his first 2 years we made the AFC Championship...Not only do we not have a QB, we don't have ANYTHING on offense when it comes to scoring threats. I guarantee you that if Seattle had the offensive "tools"(won't call them weapons,,,they're more like a wheel barrel, a flower pot ad a tree limb trimmer, as opposed to weapons like a machine gun, shanghai sword,shotgun..you know....something that poses a threat) that we have, they would NOT be in the Super Bowl, they would not have even made the playoffs.

6. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

what does tebow have to do w/ anything? let me know when Tim wins 4 road playoff games. his lone road playoff game he got crushed w/ more talent around him against a lesser Pats team.

clearly he was good enough to help us get to postseason, he was a key to getting to postseason in 2010.

that 2nd paragraph tells me all I need to know about your football knowledge.

7. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

http://nypost.com/2014/01/21/sanchez-will-find-work-easily-if-the-jets-decide-to-cut-him/

What team do you guys think this is?

8. mute

mute Well-Known Member

9. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

That's from Team Sanchez. And I'm a Sanchez fan. There is no way, after the end of 2011, all of 2012, major shoulder surgery and sitting out all of 2013 that any team is counting on him becoming the starter in 2014.

I'm rooting for the guy--I hope he goes elsewhere and has success against everyone other than the Jets--but it's just not happening. Not in 2014.

_

10. FlashGordon

FlashGordon Active Member

Houston
    Jacksonville
    Raiders
    Cleveland
    Maybe Minnesota

11. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Whoever thought that was sadly mistaken - he def has a chance to revive his career. Appears he has more of a chance then many would think.

How does this come from "Team Sanchez"? - otherwise don't you think they would of mentioned that? Usually it goes, "someone close to Mark Sanchez, said this, this and that"

If Mark shows 100% recovery in 2014, and shows improvement in TC, you never really know ... could you imagine, Mark Sanchez, COMEBACK PLAYER OF THE YEAR?

12. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

That was a joke, when somebody asks what "team" would have said that :smile:

Again, I'm rooting for the guy, I just can't see how a team is looking at him NOW to start 2014 after major shoulder surgery. I'd like to see it, but I'm figuring he'll need a few months to get back in throwing shape.

_

13. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Whoever the Jets replace Sanchez's roster spot with, will not be as good of a QB. That is for sure....

14. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

...but he'll get paid less.

A lot less.

15. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Yep. And will be hated less by the majority of Jets Nation.

16. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I kind of don't want to get rid of him lol

I want to see what he's got with weapons around him under MM. I'm torn now lol I would fuckin hate if he leaves and becomes a solid NFL starter. God I would be furious man

17. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

It won't take much to make Jets Nation hate him.

Throw some passes to d-linemen....fumble a bunch....date some underage girls.

That'll do it.

18. Geno

Geno Member

:lol: I will take any QB in this draft over Sanchez. They don't have a proven track record of being a bad QB like Sanchez has.

19. Geno

Geno Member

Notice how you said "solid NFL starter" That is your prayer. That a proven terrible QB will somehow become a solid starter. So what if he does? Is that your dream? to have a solid NFL starter or a franchise altering QB cable of winning Superbowls? Thank god Sanchez didn't reach his potential because then we would be stuck with a mediocre starter for the next decade plus.

20. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.