Are You SURE You REALLY Want Sanchez Off The Jets ??

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsKickAss, Dec 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

And I bet if they had Holmes, Kerley and Nelson while we had Baldwin, Tate and Harvin. We'd be saying how they have "better" receivers. Perception is a funny thing. So in case you misunderstand me I don't think their receivers are that much better than ours. They have a better QB than we have. If Geno steps up then our receivers production will improve. It's simple as that.

2. The 1985er

What is there to talk about? I agree with Namath, and his opinion on Smith is shared with the majority of the fans. He showed promise but no one is truly 100% sold on Geno. As for Sanchez it's pretty much split, I guess he's on the side of those who thinks he should be given a chance to start. No big deal.

3. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I understand, anything about Mark that is even slightly negative we have a 100 page thread but a positive one(2 positive ones actually) and it gets ignored. it is what I expected.

4. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

There really is nothing left to talk about. The proof will be in the pudding if/when Sanchez is a free agent. Then we won't have to worry about who thinks he is good and who doesn't. If NFL GMs think they can win with him then multiple GMs will be going after him. If the market is slim then we will know the opposite.

5. The 1985er

We had 2 100 page threads about negative Geno stories. Negativity will always get more discussion than positive stories. It is what it is.

6. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

It is to be expected because it is logical. Anyone watching the team for the last half decade knows Sanchez sucks and should not be the QB of the team going forward. There is a hearty disagreement among fans as to whether Geno deserves another year (no questions asked) or should be forced to compete against a veteran FA or incoming rookie. Because someone in the media suggests otherwise in an article does not somehow make his ridiculous opinion suddenly valuable or to be re-considered.

7. nyjunc

anyone watching the team and understanding what they are watching knows better.

8. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

Ah nothing like the old back and forth of "anyone that knows anything about football can see I'm right..."

This dead horse is unrecognizable from this beating.

9. nyjunc

but it's ok when everyone else just says he sucks? got it. if only I knew as much as you guys!

10. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Love all the Sanchez revisionist history...

If he can stay with the Jets and put it together, the biggest hurdle is gonna be his own past.

If another team wants to give him a shot, it might be an easier go for him...but if he starts turning the ball over and making dumb mistakes...he'll be out of the league toot suite.

11. The 1985er

I know you want him back because you think hes salvageable I get that. So now that's out the way, I have a question for you. Do you understand WHY people may not want him back? I ask this because I interpret your posts as if you think people are crazy for wanting to give up on Sanchez.

12. nyjunc

I really don't know if it is best for him and the team if he comes back, I hate giving up on talent but it may be best to part ways for all involved but I hate seeing the "he sucks" nonsense and pretending he never did anything to help us as if we had the '85 Bears D carrying him to 2 title games. We never had a big time D and never had big time talent on O. we were talented but w/o his play we don't make 2 title games and that goes unappreciated.

13. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

what i have learned from this thread....

junc does not work for the govt.

the end

14. The 1985er

The bold is where we disagree. What was so good about his play that without it we don't make 2 title games?

15. nyjunc

He made big plays in every postseason game he played in and limited mistakes. a formula for winning in postseason.

16. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

I'll give Mark credit for the playoff Ws and all Ws when he was the starting Qb. But you can't say we wouldn't have won those games without him. Because you really don't know. You can't keep waiting for him to turn it around. He's regressed and the team's stuck with him but it's time to move forward not backwards. If he goes to another team and is great then ok. You can say the same thing for Matt Leinert, Brady Quinn and all of the other Qbs who were given a great chance and failed. I have no concern or worries about it. More power to him if he makes a comeback with another team. But I can't see going any further with him at all.

17. Swedish Ale

Swedish Ale Member

So what you're trying to say here... is that instead of silently disagreeing with all the average fans you see post here, you simply HAVE TO change those fans' opinion on Mark?

As in, you could've taken the "high road", but instead post thousands of posts in order to prove your superfan analysis?

18. nyjunc

what fun is the high road on a message board? conflict is good for a MB, when I see things I disagree w/ I post.

19. joe

joe Well-Known Member

w/o him we do not make 1 conference title game and 1 divisional game. His play vs. San Diego did not contribute to the win commensurate to what some (not all) Sanchez devotees would like you to think. It's clear to anyone who watched (and rewatched) that game that Nate Kaeding had more impact on that game than a very pedestrian performance by a designated "don't screw it up" game manager. The NE game can never be taken from him, but it ends there division playoff game-wise.

20. nyjunc

Better teams w/ supposed better QBs haven't had that type of postseason success. Mark was vital to our success.

Leinart, Quinn, etc... never had any success in this league. Mark has.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.