Ed Reed is a JET

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by thatisjetsfootball, Nov 14, 2013.

1. Professor

Professor Active Member

Lou Reed played and sang very well for the Velvet Underground.

2. jazz

jazz New Member

how'd that work out for you? :rofl:

3. JETS1116

JETS1116 Well-Known Member

I was for the Ed Reed move, I imagined him playing on the field alongside Landry and Allen. Or subbing in for them when tired, or injured. I'm a Rex supporter, but I'm definitely upset that Allen, an emerging safety, is being thrown on the bench losing valuable reps. This is probably the biggest mistake Rex is making.

Hate Geno or the lack of talent, Reed playing over Allen is directly Rex's fault.

4. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Since sitting AA in favor of Reed the Jets haven't won a game. Not saying that it's the cause, but it's an interesting stat.

5. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Just like I told everybody when they signed him, he washed up, worthless signing, that's on Rex

6. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Never let it be said that Rex won't help a buddy out. Just ask Bart Scott how he lingered long after he stopped being effective. I'm surprised Rex didn't try to get Ray Lewis to come out of retirement.

7. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Anyone who thinks Ed Reed won't improve our secondary is obviously delusional.

8. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

no its not.

9. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I liked the Reed signing at first because I thought they'd use him as a ball hawk on 3rd downs... not as their every down safety. Leave it to Rex to stay loyal to his buddy instead of developing some young talent like Allen.

This is the Bart Scott / DeMario Davis situation all over again, and case in point why it's time for the Jets to move on from Rex.

10. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I agree with you. Loyalty will be his down-fall. I didn't expect Ed Reed to take all of the snaps away from Allen.

11. TexNYJ

TexNYJ New Member

What do you think now dumbass. Reed is a waste of money

12. Cman68

I didn't think Reed would be this useless but dayum, he might as well be a cardboard cutout. Doesn't wanna tackle, doesn't wanna hit. What good is a safety that's afraid of contact? Rex should be fired just for getting his useless over the hill buddy on the payroll.

13. Sanchize0829

Sanchize0829 Well-Known Member

Reed should not play another snap this season. Landry and Allen should be taking full starters reps, with Jarrett and Bush playing in sub-packages and as the two back up safeties.

Reed won't help in the future, so he should hit the road. It makes no sense to stunt the growth of a player like Allen to give Reed a little bit of respect for his final two games as a Jet. This team needs to improve, not to show respect to a great player of the past.

14. MenOverGod

MenOverGod Well-Known Member

Ummmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Especially one that played for ANOTHER team!

Loyalty is one thing.

Stupidity quite another.

16. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Ed Reed is beyond washed up,Guy coulda retired on top after Superbowl but instead he decided to play grab ass with the Texans and Jets .Guy needs to hang up his shoulder pads and dissapear .

17. Cman68

Don't say it... Don't you even think it....

18. Cman68

I've heard that perhaps the toughest thing a professional athelete can do is admit to himself that he's washed up. That must be the driving force behind Reed not taking the high road here and sucking up playing time from two more deserving youngsters that could contribute. I always thought Reed was a class act but now I'm not so sure. The honorable thing to do would have been to turn Rex down and faded away. Now, he's looking like the Jets' version of Willie Mays in a Met uniform circa 1973.

19. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Go back and re-read this thread. Ed Reed was being told by Rex Ryan and Bill Bellicheck not to mention 95% of Jets fans that he would be a great addition to this team.

When they're lining up on their knees in front of you who thinks they can't rise to the occasion?

20. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

There's no such thing as the "high road" when you can make millions of dollars playing at a mediocre level.

That said, I honestly think having Reed's veteran presence in the locker room will help every one of our young safeties, especially Bush (and hopefully Allen).

Reed just needs to stop playing these last 2 games so the young guys can prove what they're worth. Then Reed needs to retire.