Sanchez

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jetsandcanes, Dec 17, 2013.

1. Jetsandcanes

Jetsandcanes Active Member

Would you want him back if he was willing to return on a cap friendly contract?

And of course on the basis that training camp is an open competition.

2. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

It's time to move on from Sanchez. For the love of God.

3. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I'll give you a break...just never bring up Sanchez again.

4. Jetsandcanes

Totally understand where you are coming from. But who the hell do we bring in next season to compete for starting job?

5. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

No. Hell no just because he hasn't played this regular season (1st throw of year in preseason= lions TD) doesn't mean he magically got good. He sucks.

6. Jetsandcanes

So who do we bring in for competition to start?

No way I'd pay Cutler that $$. Shaun Hill? Josh Mccown?

7. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Im all for drafting Johhny Manziel if he is there when were up,If not then Josh Mcown will due i guess.If the Redskins would take a third round pick(we have two)Id do that for Cousins maybe a second

8. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

There are some solid vet options that can compete/backup Geno next year. Fitzpatrick, Shaun Hill, Hasselbeck, Matt Moore, Jason Campbell etc. none of these guys are great but they have experience as starters, they are competent QB's and they will come cheap.

9. Aewhistory

Aewhistory Well-Known Member

If the skins gave us Cousins for a 3rd Idzik would be a fool not to snap that up. That said, I think Cousins will get more. A LOT depends on how he performs these last few weeks. But that is the conundrum: if he bombs doe we want him? He if looks great can we afford him?

10. azhar80

azhar80 Well-Known Member

Bring back Sanchez? Only qbs besides Mark I'd like to see are Cousins, or Hill.

Cutler and Manziel are not Ny built qb's I'm talking abt handling the press and pressure of the big City...

We know Sanchez can handle the press, but can he perform consistent with MM? I think he can perform with MM. I also think watching the game from the sidelines is going to help. With the proper contract Id Be open to bring #6 back and a rookie. Geno vs Sanchez vs Simms vs rookie...

Let the jets draft a top play maker wr or a hybrid rb/ wr aka M. Forte.

Draft should be:
    Wr
    Guard
    Safety
    Rb
    Qb
    Lb

I'd prefer it in that order...
    I think we cut Holmes, and sign another wr.
    Pace is going to ask for a raise, so he might be out, giving Barnes another chance.

Biggest ? For me besides QB is cromartie...
    Secondary, and OLine need some tune up.

Biggest splash jets can make is a real playmaker in free agency.
    Let's see...

11. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

I don't mind him as long as he's on vet min.

I want him as a cover anyway. Jets need a real QB in the draft.

12. mute

mute Well-Known Member

Keep him to see what he can do with a real oc with the given time he's had.

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk

#12 mute, Dec 17, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
  13. Mitch_Dumstein

Get him outtahere (credit to Gary Cohen ) as soon as possible

Sent from my BNTV400 using Tapatalk

14. Kentucky Jet

Kentucky Jet Active Member

No. I think he needs a change of scenery and we do too. With Mark and Geno on the same team, a house divided will fall apart. I'd rather bring a real QB in and let him duke it out with Geno and Simms in camp and pre-season games.

I propose trading Sanchez for Matt Schaub. Both need a change of scenery.

#14 Kentucky Jet, Dec 17, 2013
  15. Kentucky Jet

Kentucky Jet Active Member

why do you think "Sanchez could perform" under MM? What signs of accuracy and pocket presence have you seen from him? After 4 years he still resembled a raw rookie making the same mistakes like locking on to a receiver and oh, those pick 6's to onrushing Dlinemen! As is stated earlier I think he needs a change of scenery. Either he or Geno would have to leave the Jets. We can not have both as a house divided will crumble. Handling the press by saying the same thing over and over will not mean a thing! Winning on the field is the only thing that counts and if we could afford a team of true ALL-PROS at every offensive position, then Maybe Mark would be adequate. I do not think he'd win a Super Bowl though. Tough defenses harm his ability to think on his feet!

#15 Kentucky Jet, Dec 17, 2013
  16. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

if sanchez doesnt resign with the jets there WILL be a market for him.

i get that you put your trust in him and he hurt you and a broken heart is hard to get over, but get over it. the offense sucked and sanchez was not the sole reason for it by any means. this year, with better qb play, the team would be in the playoffs so i really dont understand why people are acting like sanchez has no future in the nfl let alone on the jets.

nobody with a mind is looking at the jets roster the past couple seasons under sanchez and thinking, man if only they had a qb. maybe he never plays for the jets again, signs with some shit team and fizzles out. but maybe he resigns with a deal that says, 'im not the starter until i prove it' and comes in and shows everybody what we saw in those playoff runs again.

wouldnt that be good for the jets? lets say sanchez really steps it up and forces geno to take it to the next level. once again, good for the jets. im not a sanchez, geno, rex ryan, marty mornhinweg or whomever else fan. im a jets fan. the best thing for the team would be for sanchez to come back fully healed up and in control of this offense.

if you really look at sanchez and genos rookie years and tell me that geno was better, well, good luck with that.

17. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Of course we bring Mark back. He gives us the best chance to win from a BU QB position if needed. Plus he'd make for more of a circus atmosphere the Jets thrive in.

18. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Geno will be our starting QB for the next decade. QB competitions are over. The next time Geno won't be our starting QB is because he is hurt or he retires.

19. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Why would you rather spend a 3rd round pick on Cousins than take a shot on somebody like Aaron Murray, A.J. McCarron, David Fales, Tajh Boyd, etc?

If the Skins are giving up Cousins for a 3rd it's because after drafting him in the 4th round a couple of years ago they have concluded that he's not a starting QB in the NFL. If they thought he was a starting QB and the NFL concurred they would ask for and probably get a 1st.

So trading for him instead of taking a prospect QB is just asking to get a backup QB in the deal. With Geno looking a lot like he falls into that category it would be a waste of value. The Jets need to find somebody to put Geno on the bench or make him play like a starting QB. Cousins isn't likely to do that.

20. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

From your lips to Lombardi's ears but I have my doubts at this point.