The Geno Smith "Era" (Official Geno Thread) - All Geno Talk in here!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DarrelleRevis.Human?, Apr 26, 2013.

1. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

One note KJ making excuses once again.

Throwing into double coverage--throwing it right to UNCOVERED DEFENDERS (you know, receivers nowhere in the area code)--yeah, it's the ALL the receivers fault. Staring down receivers, never looking off allowing defenders to sit on the throw, yeah, that's ALL the recievers fault.

Excuses for your savior, I get it.

But I'm a Jet fan and I want a true franchise QB.

You can continue to bring up Sanchez, but he's done, he's gone and your continuing to compare Geno to him really makes you sound silly.

Start looking at your savior and stop making excuses for him.

Woohoo, Geno is better than Sanchez!!!

_

2. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

I guess 13 games is the key as Sanchez had 20 through 14.

3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I'm not making excuses for the QB play of this team -because it's been horrendous the last couple years, but why is it that we are seeing a lot of pick 6s?

I know in many cases there has been a lot of bonehead throws for easy pick 6s, like no one around or something, but in some cases we are seeing pick 6s in traffic. Why isn't anyone tackling them? is it a lack of effort?

Yesterday's INT came in the middle of the field with lots of guys around. Why the hell wasn't that guy tackled?

4. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Lol - did you watch the Giants game yesterday? They never fight for the ball. It's been that way for years, balls get deflected interceptions happen.

5. legler82

Offensive linemen and QBs are not very good tacklers.

6. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

stop w/ the tipped balls BS, that was the excuse in 2010 when he had 25 yet in reality most were bad passes/decisions.

Eli has been terrible w/ top 10 weapons to throw to.

7. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

I thought Geno played well yesterday. The game was blown by special teams and a lack of containment on the edge by the D. On the road against one of the better D's in the league I thought the O held up there end.

When your HC wants to build his team on D, running the ball and field position the D and special teams can't suck.

8. legler82

Sanchez blind hate is one thing but that in conjunction with a full on defense of Geno's play is a double whammy.

9. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The pick-6's are a combination of really bad decisions and the fact that the Jets best receivers are mostly smurfs without good speed. Who exactly is going to catch somebody and bring them down when Geno has made a throw that is intercepted within 10 yards of the line of scrimmage?

You think Holmes is looking for the contact at this point? Kerley has been banged up all year, my guess is that when somebody gets a couple of feet in front of him he's going to let him go.

Geno probably has the best chance of anybody to make the tackle and he is likely coached to avoid that kind of open field contact, particularly with blockers around the ball carrier.

10. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Nicks is good and Randle has been a big surprise but what is up with Cruz. I drafted him in fantasy and since he got paid the guy has no heart. He dogs it on routes a lot. All he wants is deep balls and if he has to go through the middle he always looks scared. Definitely not the player he was when they won the SB. He was great that year.

11. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Too funny with that guy. As long as Geno is better than Sanchez then all is right in his world. Sanchez is done, gone.

The excuses for Geno make him feel better about his infatuation, I guess.

_

12. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

What receivers?

13. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Geno didn't play well. He just didn't flat out suck. If he'd avoided the interception in the 4th quarter the Jets still would have lost they just wouldn't have lost by as much.

I do see progress from him the last couple of weeks but it's small improvements on what he was doing in the middle of the season not progress over what he was doing the first half dozen games.

Early on he was throwing the ball fairly well and making rookie mistakes all over the place. Now he's very cautious with the ball and the positive contributions he was making early on are much less pronounced. He's not killing the Jets the way he was in the middle of the season but he's also not lifting them the way he did occasionally early on.

It's just a bit of a mess all around.

I'm not going to make historical analogies at this point but Geno is not the first rookie QB to have too much responsibility and not enough help and to be unable to navigate that maze well. Generally it doesn't end well in that situation and as a Jets fan I kind of hope we're watching one of the exceptions here.

14. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

JMHO..Sanchez this and that. Geno this or that.. I don't want either of them starting for this team next year. PERIOd..

15. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Do you guys want to draft another QB again in round 1?

16. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

He played smarter yesterday......I don't know about better. Still making some unbelievably bad throws, still staring down receivers, still has no pocket awareness, still misdirecting protections. Some of this should be improving by now...it's not.....gotta draft a QB. Whether that be to push Geno or take the reins remains to be seen.

17. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Depends on what QB is available.

18. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

who would you draft? We know Bridgewater is beyond our reach

19. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Manziel baby!!

Next Joe Namath

20. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

Right now Jets are the 13th pick with a lot of QB needy teams ahead of them -- they need to go skill skill skill with their first 3 and eb with their 4th maybe if the right guy is there.

Free agency they need to improve the OL and secondary.

No matter what they need a 1 year stop gap QB for 2014