The Geno Smith "Era" (Official Geno Thread) - All Geno Talk in here!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DarrelleRevis.Human?, Apr 26, 2013.

1. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Besides the picks and fumbles, SANCHEZ was also decent.

2. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Does your curve not include the missed chance at a TD pass when he launched the pass 5 yards out of bounds? Other then those two, id say he did okay on a rookie scale.

3. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

QB's miss receivers all the time. I'm not gonna be hard on him about that.

4. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

No one is paired with the absolute worst receivers in the NFL and below average offensive line like Geno Smith is.. absolutely pathetic to those blaming this loss on Geno he made one bad play and that was it. Our starting receivers were on the practice squad or couch at the beginning of this year. We draft a QB in the first round god help him because he will be destroyed just like Geno is now.

5. JustaJetFan

JustaJetFan Member

That throw was a ridiculously tough one to make. Geno was on the run with all his momentum going one way and you want him to throw straight across the field?

The pick was bad, but having one turnover against arguably the best defense in football isn't the end of the world.

6. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Geno has done this game in and game out though

7. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

I dont think anyone is blaming just Geno. The entire team was terrible today. The defense couldnt stop the run, couldnt defend the pass, the special teams sucked, Brian Winters was his usual garbage self, Geno threw everything high and that awful pick. The most surprising part of them was just how the defense let the Panthers drive up and down the field like it was nothing. The Panthers have a bottom 8 offense and they made Cam Newton look like Peyton Manning. The defense hasnt played a good game since the bye.

8. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

You could say the exactly same thing with Sanchez last year, with what could happen to the newly drafted QB [which happens to be Geno.]

9. The 1985er

And every other QB in the league even the elite ones miss throws too. So why should we be hard on Geno because he isn't perfect ?

10. 101GangGreen101

Never said I wanted him to be perfect. I just want him to take advantage of the things he and only he can control.

This past draft wasnt the time to spend an early pick on a QB project. I feel bad for Geno.

11. The 1985er

That throw you were talking about would've been difficult to complete regardless.

12. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

It was a down the field throw off a bootleg not an across the field throw. It actually reminded me of this throw: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-miss-plays/09000d5d81ddf735/Holmes-again-Jets-45-yard-touchdown

13. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

geno smith was not good today, he was mediocre at best. others have stated the reasoning, the failure to read blitz, the locking on receivers, the passes to the incorrect shoulder, the passes to the incorrect field, the lack of a clock.

these are things he is responsible for, no matter who is playing with him. he has not progressed at this point, he was better than the last number of weeks but overall he has not progressed through the year the way i had hoped he would.

you expect ups and downs, you expect bad decisions, you expect bad throws. they were just far far far too often for geno smith this year.

the positive thing is now the jets have a really good idea what they have in geno and can proceed how they seem fit in the offseason.

and i cant fucking wait for that douche holmes to be off the team, even more so than sancho.

you got 1 catch bro, you got 1 catch

14. chris5533

chris5533 Well-Known Member

Other than a few moments this season smith has been nothing less than Embarrassing on a whole. While today he wasn't the main reason (like usual) the jets lost. His awful play, inability to run the full offense is always a contributing factor. Play calling is terrible. The reason why play calling is so bad is cause we don't have a qb that can execute at this point. Bottom line.

Unfortunately there always blame for smith. Lol

he's a rookie this is what I expected out of him. I didn't think the jets would win 3 games. What disturbs me more is he making me miss sanchez. Smith has made no progression.

15. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

He just isn't very good. He has so many holes in his game he isn't someone that is going to get better over the winter and spring. He rolls out and has guys to throw the ball to and throws it out of bounds, throws way off target to open receivers, staring down receivers all day, rarely hits guys in stride. The pick 6 you knew he was going to Holmes the second Holmes waved to him at the line of scrimmage before the snap.

Under 60 yards passing in the first half? If you polled the NFL on who is the least scary starting QB Geno would get every vote!

You can say he has no weapons, but i saw enough guys open to make a lot of plays today and the QB just doesn't make the throws. You could have 10 elite receivers but Geno is only looking at 1.

16. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Geno is a good boy.

Good boy, now I know why tigers eat their young.

[​IMG]

17. The 1985er

I can't argue with anything being said in here. I wouldn't even be upset if they went out and got Jay Cutler. But at the very least they need to bring in a competent QB to compete with Geno.

18. 101GangGreen101

If they bring in a competent QB, then Geno isn't starting. I want the Jets to take a long look at Shaun Hill as a stop-gap

19. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

I think that Geno's QBR today was in the high sixties despite the pick 6. A lot better than the below tens he was getting in November. Except for the pick (which came in the 4th quarter when they were trailing and basically had to throw the ball) imo he played fairly well. Making better decisions and using his legs a lot to get yardage and first downs. His throwing was fair to good. And even that pick wasn't that far off like some of his other ones earlier in the season. Also why not throw more to Kerley and Winslow both guys who are pretty good receivers. I'd use Kerley a lot more. As our slot receiver and go-to guy like Amendola and Wes Welker. He's a good player. PS on the pick six why didn't anyone tackle the freaking guy. It really didn't have to be a pick six and if they hadn't scored that TD the Jets were still in the game.

20. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

Problem I have with Shaun Hill is that he hasn't played in 3 years...is this guy even capable to coming in and really playing anymore or has he mentally accepted he is backup and enjoys taking home that safe paycheck each week?

You need to bring in a QB with some fire. If the organization is keeping Ryan they will give Smith another shot - Ryan goes so does Smith. No coach is going to come in and have a lousy QB forced on him.