The Geno Smith "Era" (Official Geno Thread) - All Geno Talk in here!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DarrelleRevis.Human?, Apr 26, 2013.

1. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

his contact is too much. (due about 12-13 mil next year) if he's brought back for whatever reason its after getting cut.

2. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

Nah. If it comes to that bring McCown. He'd be a decent backup at decent money.

3. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

unless a good QB falls to us in the draft, i see no need to draft one. we should load up on offensive weapons and see how geno fairs with them

worst case scenario is that geno stinks up the joint and we have a solid foundation for a new QB to walk into

4. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

thats my thinking too, though I'm a little more scared of what will come out of a BPA QB draft pick.

Of course I'd support him despite this, I'd rather my fears of another struggling rookie be wrong than right (or that they're irrelevant because Smith/ vet FA played very well)

5. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

This thread is about Geno right?

I'm on board, let's get rid of the bum!

6. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Bravo.

A refreshing little tidbit of non-revisionist recent history.

7. Vahncase

Vahncase Well-Known Member

I'm just hoping they draft some good offensive talent, I'm not worried about the QB situation because almost every QB would be fucked with the Jets current line-up. Build up an armory.

8. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Does that include Sanchez?

9. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Last year all Tebow remarks were confined to a single thread to clean up the board. Would it be possible to have an "All Sanchez Talk Here" thread mandated and let this one be about Smith? Please?

10. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

It appears that as long as Sanchez is still on the roster, his minions (fans) will continue to bring him up at every opportunity. The reason why there's no separate forum, and I tend to agree with you on this, is that the Sancheznistas are not as numerous or as annoying as Tebots.

I would imagine that if by some twist of fate, Sanchez is still on the roster next TC, you'll see this whole back and forth play itself out again. Just the nature of things Rale.

11. Mitch_Dumstein

excellent point in my opinion, cman

there are only a relatively short number of Sanchezaholics still dreaming for his glorious return to the field

let them have their final weeks of dreaming until seasons end when he departs for good

12. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

There is a reason Mitch (sg3) was previously banned at The Gang Green. There is a reason why he was just banned at Jets Insider and is now posting back here under a new username. The funny thing is, at JI his sig used to say "Proudly banned at the dump TGG".

_

13. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

His play when he had more talent wasn't any different with less talent. At least Geno gets the benefit of the doubt.

14. Mitch_Dumstein

JStokes
    This message is hidden because JStokes is on your ignore list.

let me guess

In short

insults, personal attacks and lies and sarry whining to the mods

and the funny part---I don't remember mentioning him since I pointed out his hypocritical attacks on a current Jet, Geno Smith after the Raider game in which Geno led the Jets to a win

That was Monday, 5 days ago --

#6854 Mitch_Dumstein, Dec 14, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2013
  15. JStokes

Not a personal attack at all and what would I have to lie about?

This is the same stuff you used to do on JI, troll troll troll and when you get called on it you'd (i) put someone on "Ignore" and (ii) continue to respond to them about having them on "Ignore".

It's why you were banned on Gang Green, why you were banned on Jets Insider and why you're back now under a new username trolling again.

Just the worst kind of poster. And childish at that. Makes the board unreadable, that's what you did at JI, no wonder you were banned.

_

16. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Don't feed the troll.

17. JStokes

Not if he's going to make this place as unreadable as he did JI.

_

18. Kentucky Jet

Kentucky Jet Active Member

I had to give your words some thought. I think what you wrote is very correct and to the point. You stated it simply without the emotion of the fanboys and that is so refreshing. We have one fan boy here who unfortunately attacks anyone for having a different opinion then him concerning Sanchez. I do not see what difference it makes about who is our QB as long as the guy can get us to the SB and win it! In four years I lost the feeling that Sanchez can lead us to a SB win. His play on the field got a nation laughing! I have become opposed to him being a Jet QB but if we unfortunately get stuck with him, I'd have to support him. Unlike the fan boys I will still root for the team to win and not cry in my beer if the QB I prefer is not the starter!

The best part of fan forums is that we all are ALLOWED to express our opinions. Unfortunately some highly emotional fans can not accept that.

In the end its about the TEAM and winning a Super Bowl. GO JETS!

19. JStokes

I'm giving Geno his props for this game, he has been very accurate when he gets his feet set and he has protected the ball tremendously when he's gotten crushed multiple times.

No complaints this week, he looks like a different QB today in the face of an hellacious rush.

Throws a great ball if given a chance. And he's learning to protect the ball.

_

20. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

I think Geno now has more pick-6s than Sanchez has for his career. Confirmation?