The Geno Smith "Era" (Official Geno Thread) - All Geno Talk in here!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DarrelleRevis.Human?, Apr 26, 2013.

1. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

You are merely witnessing the latest iteration of junc hijacking yet another thread for yet more of his slobbering on Muck's poll.

Will it ever end?

Meanwhile:

nyjunc This user is on your Ignore List.

I highly recommend it.

2. Kentucky Jet

Kentucky Jet Active Member

Sanchez sucked in the first half of the PITTSBURGH game. He came out flat and barely improved in the second half. The object is to win a Super Bowl! With Sanchez' happy feet and inaccuracy I doubt he will ever amount to a big time, consistent QB.

3. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Jay Cutler had better numbers and had a worst supporting cast. Flacco wasn't top 10 because "he was terrible in playoff loss" makes no sense. I swear the only thing you have is Sanchez playoff wins.

4. Big Blocker

This is what i mean by saying Sanchez Fans don't really know the game.

Regarding the bolded part, football is a team sport, and won lost record is a team stat.

Moving on here...

How likely is it that Smith has a good or better game in Charlotte?

The funny thing is, I have no idea. It's been that kind of year for him.

My suspicion is that Oakland was so bad, the win does not mean much going forward. But I don't know that.

5. The 1985er

I'm really rooting for Geno simply because I want the Jets to be able to focus on bringing in weapons for Geno and filling holes on defense.

6. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

the D was dominated in the first half, allowing Pitt to control the clock. He brought us back in the 2nd half and gave us a chance to win only to watch the D allow Pitt to run out the clock.

They had a better defense, Matt Forte who was a better weapon than anyone we had. mark had better WRs in a tougher division and conference.

I didn't say Flacco wasn't top 10, I said mark was better. Flacco may have been around top 10. he had a similar year to mark w/ more talent around him.

7. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

Beating Oakland told us nothing really, but losing to Oakland would have told a good deal. Just the opposite for Carolina, beating them tells us something, losing tells us little.
    Geno had an average game against a bad team. He may improve, but I don't see him as being anything special.

8. nyjunc

he doesn't need to light it up but he does need to show he belongs in this league. He wasn't great vs. oak but he looked much more comfortable, now he faces a top D. if he can look competent against them that would be huge.

9. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Apparently the Jets are the only team in the league that have standout games from RBs and garbage time yards where 1 or 2 games "skew" the numbers...taking that into account the 2010 rushing attack was terrible.

10. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

Competent hasn't been a high hurdle recently... but I agree.

11. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

Of our toughest games this season, NE/NO/Cincy, we won 2 of 4, should have been 3 of 4 and got blown out once. I just don't know what to make of Geno and this team. It could be over early, or we could be pleasantly surprised.

No more robot though!

12. nyjunc

where did I say our rushing attack was terrible? why can't supposedly educated adults read?

13. Big Blocker

I wish it were otherwise, but I am afraid i agree.

The simple fact of the matter is in a few short weeks we will be in the off season, contemplating what the Jets should do going forward. While I intend to follow the Jets closely in the next three games, and hope it is enjoyable, at least in part, to do so, I think we have a pretty good idea already what to think of this season on a going forward basis.

As for the subject of this thread, that is also true, pretty much. If Smith struggles mightily against the Panthers, that will not be surprising. But if he shows nothing good in the next three weeks, taht would be troubling.

Meanwhile it would be great if he played very well. But I don't expect that, either. We in short will likely be left with an assessment somewhere better than he's a bust, but definitely less than we have found a franchise Qb.

14. The 1985er

Geno is in a lose/lose situation and I think it really isn't fair. He plays okay against the Raiders but it means "nothing" but if he plays bad it means something. I don't think that's fair.

15. nyjunc

he's been put in an unfair spot since day 1 thanks to the GM forcing him to play when he wasn't ready. I just want him to finish on a positive note.

16. The 1985er

He wasn't forced to play.

17. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

He was forced to play the regular season because we didn't have another option right? This is going to go back to that Giants preseason game.

18. nyjunc

he was. The GM wanted him to play and kept up the sham competition which forced mark to play in the 4th qtr of a preseason game and get hurt.

Regardless how you or I feel about Mark Sanchez, the best thing for this franchise both short term(this year) and long term was for Mark to at the very least start the season as our starter and have Geno sit and watch. Geno was clearly not ready to play. Mark probably would have struggled at some point as the weapons start falling and Geno could have come in midseason when he was more prepared.

19. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

can you please stop with this bullshit. you have said this 400 times in teh past 3 months. we heard you get a new line please. we dont want to hear about mark sanchez anymore.

and i think you missed the sarcasm in the fact that he didnt HAVE to play. he could have said no sir i dont think i am ready. it was sarcasm, you missed it.

20. nyjunc

I discuss reality, sorry it bothers you.