The Geno Smith "Era" (Official Geno Thread) - All Geno Talk in here!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DarrelleRevis.Human?, Apr 26, 2013.

1. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

The man has played on loaded teams basically his entire career, he has ONE playoff win which was at home w/ a bye against a 7-9 team. winning in Sept/Oct doesn't mean much to me, winning in January does.

so Flacco isn't a bad QB. Next

Eli led his O to 17 pts and 19 pts at a neutral site, mark led his O to 28 PTs at NE. mark threw 3 TDs w/ 0 INTs. Eli threw 3 TDs and had 1 INT in TWO games.

Flacco led Bal to 33 pts at NE where he completed 4 passes
    Flacco last year had a similar game to Mark 2010.

so what about those 1st halves? did we beat Ind? did we have a chance vs. Pitt?

I don't think our run game was top 10 in 2010 and while top ranked in 2009 it was nowhere as good as their ranking but yeah we could run it and had a good OL but no elite skill position players.

:rofl: their weak arguments are being shredded.

I apologize you don't know this game. did Andrew Luck have a great game this past week? who was better in the 2010 title game- mark or ben?

bal doesn't win in 2000 w/o quality QB play, TB doesn't win w/o quality QB play and neither do the '85 Bears. Again, notice how many SBs those teams made in their eras w/o those QBs.

2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I see our resident super fan has made it to work and had his morning coffee. Just getting in his potshots for everything he missed.

3. nyjunc

it would have been simpler to just say you have no clue and do not wish to challenge me as you know you will get embarrassed like usual.

4. BrowningNagle

This depends on what kind of challenge you are referring to.

If it involves drinking alcohol? I like my chances.

If it involves being an arrogant asshole? You are right I would probably would not wish to challenge you.

5. nyjunc

congrats on being an alcoholic but I was referring to football discussions and this one in particular.

6. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Great post, but with some people around here you are fighting an uphill battle. Some people actually prefer mediocre to bad Qb's.

7. Big Blocker

Yes i do. i highly recommend it to everyone else here.

8. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

Poor Junc. Have you accepted the very real possibility that Sanchez won't be winning any more Playoff games either?b He won't find a team that's as good as the 09 & 10 Jets were; he won't find another team that'll carry him to & through the Playoffs.

9. nyjunc

he may not but he helped my team win 4 which is double the amount of the next best jets QB(in terms of playoff wins) in Jets history so I appreciate that. it's sad most fans don't.

It's so funny how most Jet fans overrate the talent on the '09/'10 teams. We had similar talent in 2008 w/ a HOFer at QB- how did that work out?

10. Big Blocker

So junc has essentially hijacked this thread into another forum for him to defend Muck. The OP is not about Muck.

Isn't that a violation of forum rules?

At a minimum it is certainly bad manners.

11. nyjunc

be quiet, stop talking about me. You can continue your gutless ways by being afraid to debate me but stop talking about me.

12. BrowningNagle

We can't have meaningful or even focused discussion of the QB position on here ever.

Such a damn shame that we can't discuss a Geno Smith or a possible addition of any veteran QB without the him jumping in and constantly ruining it because he sees an opportunity to defend Sanchez...and then others can't help by call him out on his stupidity.. myself included.

13. nyjunc

do yourself a favor and go back and see who brought up sanchez and bring a tissue so you can wipe away the tears of your crying and whining about me.

we have the worst fanbase in all of sports, we don't deserve a winner and it's b/c of people like you and blockhead.

a guy saying he wants jay Cutler bashing someone else. You just can't make this stuff up. Fans are so stupid despite having more access to info than ever before.

14. Big Blocker

Yes, I long ago concluded junc is a constant distraction to those who can't resist. And the net effect is that meaningful and focused discussion gets sidelined.

15. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

Why not get this back on the topic of Geno?

Sanchez tenure as a Jet is more than likely over so there is no need to dwell on the past.

Why not discuss what we have in our rookie QB and whether or not he has a future as a Jet.

I think he actually has a chance to be a success with some good coaching and an infusion of talent on the offensive side.

16. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Hey junc how many SB's did Dilfer and Brad Johnson win after they left their respective teams? And why did their respective teams dump them shortly after those SB runs?

17. nyjunc

Dilfer helped 2 franchises to the playoffs and nearly a 3rd, Johnson helped 3 make the playoffs. Those teams won w/ defense first obviously but the point is even the best defenses(and those were 2 truly great defenses unlike our D which was never great) need quality QB play to win in Jan/feb.

18. The 1985er

And if those teams felt that Dilfer and Johnson could give them CONSISTENT QB play they wouldn't have been dumped. That 2010 style team was not a sustainable formula to build your team on. Sanchez was average at best that year, but for the most part he was mediocre. He showed some improvements from his rookie year. Then when they put the keys in his hands he crashed the car. Was it all his fault? Obviously not, but he shares a significant amount of blame.

19. nyjunc

those teams proved to be wrong, right? Billick thought he was so smart and would win w/ a better fantasy QB by bringing in Grbac. How did that work out?

TB just got old but they couldn't get over the hump before Brad. Look at how great that D played in 1999, there's no reason they shouldn't have won the NFC and they didn't b/c of the QB play.

mark was top 10ish in 2010, in 2009 he was mediocre(but good for a rookie) but in 2010 many times he and the pass games had to rescue our supposed elite D and run game.

he gets blame for last year w/o a doubt but he was in a no win situation.

20. The 1985er

The point is that you need good QB play to consistently compete in the NFL. Those teams got rid of Dilfer and Johnson and what did they do after they left? They became backups. Trying to sustain a 2010 team around Mark would've been difficult. That's why they banked on Sanchez improving and becoming a legit franchise QB. It just backfired, partly because of the organizations own stupidity.

Since this is a Geno thread. I hope they don't make the same mistakes. This offseason they need to bring in a viable veteran QB to compete/backup Geno. Bring in some weapons on offense and add depth to the oline. Hopefully a full offseason program could help fix some of his mechanical issues.