The Geno Smith "Era" (Official Geno Thread) - All Geno Talk in here!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DarrelleRevis.Human?, Apr 26, 2013.

1. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

what's comical is pretending Cutler would be better than Mark here.

2. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

Which season was the "one bad year"?

3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Let me first say, I am an average fan. I'll be glad to get that out of the way as if it means anything. (to some people it does)

But I think this organization should go after a Jay Cutler, if he becomes available. I'm not the biggest Cutler fan, I wouldn't say he's elite or anything, but I definitely see that he has a good skillset and is better than any QB we've rolled out with in 5 years..

At worst - Jay Cutler is a serviceable, albeit injury prone QB. At best, he's your franchise QB. I think he falls somewhere in the middle and that would be a large step in the right direction for this franchise.

He will only be 31, has shown he can play in cold, windy weather and would be an example of stability at the QB position that this team desperately needs.

If Idzik signs a Jay Cutler and drafts a proven college receiver in the first round, this team would turnaround offensively to middle of the pack at the very least, overnight.

This organization has been reluctant the past 2 offseasons to go after a proven vet at the QB position (manning, alex smith) and it has bitten them in the ass. Why not give this option a try with Cutler and see if we can catch lightening in a bottle like those organizations..

4. nyjunc

obviously 2012.

we'd rank higher and lose. That is what Jet fans want. amazing.

5. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

False. Mark was markedly below average in 2010 and 2011 and one of the worst in 2009 and 2012. We had better teams in 2009 and 2010, and as a result, we were far more successful in playing around him in those seasons.

6. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Are you willing to pay 60 million dollars for a serviceable QB? I would think 60 million could get you a better QB.

What is serviceable to you? Alex Smith doesn't make 60 million dollars and he's serviceable.

7. The Uniform Bomber

What about the previous season?

8. slimjasi

NO ONE on this message board has even so much as implied that they would rather lose and have a prolific passer than win and have a mediocre one (and the poster you quoted, most certainly, did not write that). The very fact that you are attempting to frame the debate in those patently nonexistent terms, only serves to further highlight how desperate you are becoming as you back-peddle further and further into sublime silliness.

9. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

10. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Big Blocker has junc on ignore also.

11. nyjunc

middle of the pack.

by saying you want Jay Cutler that is what you are saying. Cutler is not a winning QB

12. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

I see your point about Cutler helping us turn around quickly and that might be true in the short term with a limited ceiling attached. The end goal is and always should be a championship. I think with some improvements in the secondary we have a championship defenseman and Ivory/Powell/Goods on might be a decent run game but outside of that we have a bottom five offense. Cutler and a high draft pick WR might bump that up...but not to championship level. At least not in my opinion.

Of course I don't believe at present that Geno is a championship level QB (given it is his rookie season with a crappy offense) so we need to do something...I just don't think Cutler is the answer. My thoughts rest with drafting a QB (was against the Geno pick) to build your franchise around. Easier said than done, I know.

13. nyjunc

we need to tweak the OL and get some WRs, if we do that w/ the RBs we have we will have a chance to be pretty good on O. I don't like what I have seen from geno but to be fair he hasn't had much of a chance w/ the healthy talent we have had.

14. Ben Had

Ben Had Active Member

Getting a QB like Alex Smith is something we probably wont see again. But it did cost KC the #1 overall pick in the second round if Im not mistaken.

15. nyjunc

I would much prefer an Alex Smith type "game manager" over a Jay Cutler type. heck I'd prefer Josh McCown. I do not want jay Cutler as our QB under any circumstances.

16. slimjasi

False, no one was even implying that. He was basically saying he wants a BETTER QB than we currently have (or have had for the last 5+ years). You're just making shit up.

17. nyjunc

when you say you'd prefer a Cutler type you are essentially saying you value some meaningless individual #s over wins. I want to win, I don't care if my QB throws for 100 or 500 yds as long as we win.

18. slimjasi

No, people just want a decent quarterback again - something Jets fans haven't seen in over 5 years.

19. nyjunc

we had better than decent until 2012. you don't win 4 road playoff games in 2 seasons w/ bad QB play.

20. The Uniform Bomber

But he only had 8 wins that year, and he didn't have any Playoff wins that year, either. Is that not a bad year?