The Geno Smith "Era" (Official Geno Thread) - All Geno Talk in here!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DarrelleRevis.Human?, Apr 26, 2013.

1. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I want a QB that makes those around him better. I know that is a lot to ask for, but Cutler to me is not that type of QB. Not even close.

2. MenOverGod

MenOverGod Well-Known Member

No he isn't. But he is serviceable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. 101GangGreen101

I believe we can get close or the same amount of production from a QB such as Shaun Hill for the fraction of the price. Especially if we get weapons on the outside in the draft.

Cutler will cost us over 60 million dollars, do you really want to pay 60 million for a serviceable QB?

4. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

For the kind of money and possibly draft pick(s) it will take to bring him here, he would have to be much more than serviceable.

5. 101GangGreen101

Certain posters here just don't want to see Mark start and that's fair - I agree. The fact of the matter is (and I have noticed) if you don't agree with their "philosophy" they will simply call you a suckchez fan.

Pretty petty and weak if you ask me.

6. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

Mark Sanchez sucks. He's a terrible NFL quarterback. WHEN the Jets cut him, he'll officially move into the "career backup" phase of his career . . . at least until someone gets hurt.

7. slimjasi

He's probably a little better than serviceable but he's not an elite quarterback, by any means. He makes WAAAAAAAY too many mistakes and he's inconsistent.

8. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

people seriously want Jay Cutler? Seriously? for what? so he can put up decent fantasy #s and lead us to losses? Jay Cutler? you have got to be kidding me.

9. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

He's better than Cutler.... and Geno

10. slimjasi

[​IMG]

Beyond Delusional . . .

Geno is a rookie who has started 13 career NFL games . . . Mark Sanchez has over 60 career NFL starts. Comparing them is silly. The fact that you even feel the need to boast about Sanchez being better only serves to highlight how below average he really is.

11. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

There are more than a few teams who would let Sanchez compete for a starting gig, Jaguars/Raiders/Vikings/Rams/Texans just to name a few.

12. slimjasi

I'll tell you what . . . and I'll make this open to anyone who wants to take me up on it: If Mark Sanchez goes to an NFL training camp this summer and wins the starting job (no injuries) for opening day next season, I'll give you $100. And if (when) that doesn't happen, all I want is a friendly $10. 10 to 1 odds . . . what's not to like? PM me if you're interested.

There is no doubt he's going to get an invitation to some training camps, but no one is giving him a starting job unless they are forced to. He sucks. And it certainly doesn't help his cause that the upcoming draft class is considered particularly deep at QB.

13. legler82

I can understand fans not wanting Sanchez to start as frankly Sanchez earned that. The guys I find interesting are those that so vehemently want him off the roster at all cost. They can't stand the thought of having him return at a reduced price to compete for the job along with other players brought in via FA and/or the draft. What are they afraid of? He sucks right? So he should have no chance in hell of seeing the field. If you are just a Jets fan, it's a win win. You lose the albatross contract and still get to pick the QB that proves to be the best based on competition. However, if are more Sanchez hater and/or Geno fan than you are a fan of the green and white, I can see why getting rid of Sanchez is a must. Who would want to deal with the awkwardness of posting if by some weird chance he won the job and played well.

14. legler82

Didn't see this before. I wasn't trying to offend, just a little friendly sarcasm aimed at all the Sanchez-hating, Suckchez, Buttfumble crowd. I agree; it's realism.

15. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

Well said, as a fan of the green and white I support whoever trots out on Sunday though I may disagree.

16. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

ahh now it makes more sense. i didnt see where that original comment really came from it was way out of left field.

even i as a sanchez hater couldnt make sense of it.

i must ask though why exactly are so many people talking about sanchez in the geno smith thread?

17. 101GangGreen101

My fault then, didn't mean to be a dick

18. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

As you know Biggs noted you were wearing the shoes of a Sanchez Fan, and regarding Alley's comment it is fair I think to discount negative opinions on other Qb's coming from Sanchez Fans, since by definition anyone who is a Sanchez Fan does not know much about football, in addition to having an agenda.

But... if you are clarifying you do not want Sanchez, I will take your word for it and merely note that has not been clear to me heretofore.

As for TN, if on an even money offer Cutler were to choose TN, so be it. But we don't know that, and the OP was talking about best options if available. I think if possibly available an effort should be made to get him. If it doesn't happen, it doesn't happen.

19. Big Blocker

Yes, I did. Heh.

20. Big Blocker

You get what you pay for. If the Jets have the cap space, they should spend it on Cutler.