Jets Playoff Discussion

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jay Bizniss, Oct 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

All the pieces didn't fall into place... The most important piece was blown off the fucking puzzle board today. We could have had a 2 game lead but instead let all these teams hang around.

2. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

People on this board can't read standings, learned this years ago.

3. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

And the Bears win!!!!

We took a small step back. Still control this. Bury this game and move on! We got playoffs to hunt down :)

4. NYJets17

NYJets17 Well-Known Member

So, regardless of being a fan of the Jets, we want the Chargers to win or the Dolphins?

5. Falco21

Doesn't matter really.

Chargers have a terrible schedule ahead of them. Dolphins we still play twice.

6. 74

74 Well-Known Member

probably dolphins

7. John

John Active Member

there we go :) we can do this!

8. NYJets17

NYJets17 Well-Known Member

so...then we want the Chargers...

9. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

If Garrard can go they might try that at some point. Simms at best will give us the usual young QB "who what where?" for several games and take us out of the race in the process. He's more likely to just suck.

10. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

miami, we want them to win.

we may not like the thought of it, but its better for the jets for another chargers AFC loss to come by and thats all that matters.

they win we're oddly still in control of the last wildcard spot.

11. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

The only way we remain in a playoffs if the season ended this week is if the dolphins and chargers tie.

12. Falco21

Yeah. I am not rooting for the Dolphins.

I think we just need to keep Geno in.

Let him play it out.

13. Br4d

I'm thinking the Jets have the same 20-25% chance at the playoffs that they had at 3-3 and 4-4. Somebody has to get that last spot even though nobody appears to really want it.

14. Br4d

I agree with you on both points.

The Jets need enough info to make a solid choice on what to do at QB before next season. Geno may wind up as competition for the next guy or he may figure it out and be the guy. The Jets need to know which.

My gut is starting to slide away from Geno as the man at this point due mainly to the fact that he is likely to hit the rookie wall soon - might have done it today, and he hasn't established enough yet to avoid seeing another QB taken next year unless he plays well down the stretch.

There is plenty of time left for him to establish himself but the circumstances suggest that he has a tough path to get there.

The Steelers took Terry Hanratty in the second round in 1969. They couldn't get a fix on him that year and they wound up taking Terry Bradshaw #1 overall in 1970 and having the two Terry's split reps all year long. I could see the Jets deciding to take a 1st or 2nd round QB next year and doing the same thing with that guy and Geno.

I'd like to see Geno work out but the circumstances are just really tough for that at this point. The Jets can't even game plan to try to develop him. Instead they have to game plan to try to hide his flaws. Not fix the flaws, which will likely lead to more errors in process but hide the flaws.

The Bills shut down the Jets run game today and then went hell bent after the QB. Great game plan and it set Geno and the Jets back some.

#674 Br4d, Nov 17, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2013
  15. TonyMaC

no, if the blowholes win we have a tiebreaker over them by division (2-2, 0-2)

16. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

We control our own destiny vs Miami but realistically, I don't know how any fan of the Jets or Phins can see it being anything other than a split(They'd probably beat us in our place, we repay the favor Week 17....that's how wacky this rivalry is)

We SHOULD crush their OLine but who knows what Jets team shows up to play.

We don't draw the Bolts but San Diego still has to play Cincy, Denver, KCx2, Oakland(Oakland beat them but I figure SD repays em), and Giants(Yeah we have to root for the Giants, tough but it is what it is)

17. TonyMaC

I doubt he (DG) ever sees the field. I can;t even phantom a scenario where that happens, he's not even activated on a weekly basis.

18. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Okay. I'm POSITIVE the Jets are not a playoff caliber team.

Like a blind squirrel finding the occasional nut they may still pull a couple of key wins out of that dark place but if anyone can state they belong in the playoffs after today's debacle they're just kidding themselves.

19. Falco21

Well see, this is kind of why I am now leaning towards drafting another QB high. If this continues, maybe we need to bring in a high pick and compete with him. We have so many picks in this draft, maybe we need to take one. It would be a win win really. Help motivate Geno or get a gem at QB. Of course, it could also crash and burn and both suck haha

20. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

We control our own destiny, we have an easy schedule, we beat Brady, Brees, Ryan, etc etc etc. blah blah blah blah blah.

We don't have a good QB, we don't have a good offense, we don't have a good special teams, we don't have a good secondary. You can't get in the playoffs, you can't win games with just a front 7. That's the best part of our team. We have to play each game like it's a super bowl for this team to look decent, and score some points.

Anyone ever ask themselves why we have this stupid fucking "trend" going? Our whole team needs 2 weeks to "rest" from playing the games they win. They get up for games and the following they look flat. Guess why? Because if they have a "down" game we look like the team we are.. SHIT.

And the QB? He's just bad. Even when we win he doesn't do much. Holds the ball too long, stares down his receivers, drops back 20 yards, can't read defenses, the list goes on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.