"Official" Start Matt Simms thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Joeyd223, Aug 29, 2013.

1. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Seems only fair.

2. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

He was solid in preseason. Good understanding of the offense.

Geno has lost the ability to involve multiple receivers. Hill , cumberland, salas, Winslow, Holmes, Powell, ivory...... Geno has no feel and just looks lost if his primary isn't thereof the primary is visible and still throws it 10 yards too high..

3. RIPJimLeonhard

RIPJimLeonhard Well-Known Member

Lmao, that provided the laugh I've been needing all day.

4. RIPJimLeonhard

Can we win 4 though, can we win with Geno playing like this? 4 TO's one being a pick six, he legit looked like Sanchez out there.

5. mute

mute Well-Known Member

It's safe to say if the pattern is broken next week and Geno has a big role on making that happen, Simms will be named the starter for the following week.

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk

6. James Hasty

I wish people would stop dragging Sanchez into this.

He had no involvement with the utter travesty that we all witnessed today.

7. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

are you sure of that? I'm not, i'd rather stick with consistency, give the season to man with the most games under his belt that has already won the team some games.

of course if its all going south (more than once in a row) that no longer apply's, like I said if he bombs like this next week we'll talk about benching him permanently.

tell you what though, because of Simms we don't need to draft a QB early (NEED being the key word) he's good enough to be that legitimate young prospect with upside that we'd want from the draft, but unlike those guys has NFL experience.

we're better off supporting our passing game with a receiver or TE or attaining a final dominate piece to our pass rush than spending a first on probably somebody from the second tier of QB's.

want competition for Smith, here ya go. but for now he's our second option not our first.

8. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

I totally agree. Its not even at this point to play simms because many of us think he will go to Canton.

My whole point about giving him a shot this year would just to find out from what he showed us in preseason..if the 20% shot he could be an NFL qb.

Geno doesnt even make huge pass plays. He makes the biggest plays with his feet and qbs that are better with their feet then their arm just dont make it.

This isnt a friggin joke. Look around the league at the best teams in the NFL. They all have a very good qb. Even if Geno turns out to be an ok qb..that is no longer good enough.

Before the draft next year, i would play every single qb I can get my hands on..and its Simms turn.

9. TonyMaC

yes we can. will we? I don't know, but hell the way we play up or down to our competition anything is possible.

all games are winnable or loseable. This game was atrocious but not a decider of who we are or what they could do.

10. James Hasty

With geno as a starting QB we have lost every other game. He is inconstant. I would rather not stick with that.

11. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

At this point a qb that doesn't implode is better than Geno. David Garrard want to get some snaps in ?

12. TonyMaC

I agree, but Smith isn't exactly a run first QB like Kaep or something.

and its not Simm's turn, not yet anyhow.

13. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

There are 6 games left and the Jets were/are in the playoff race and sole spot right now. I bet Idzik and Rex were not expecting this with Geno and were expecting to give Simms a shot. At this point, there can still be times to play and start Simms if the Jets fall out of playoff contention. But since where they in it, I see why they stayed with Geno and are staying with Geno.

14. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

I don't honestly believe Simms won't implode if given a shot however every time this guy gets some playing time he actually looks like a guy who can set up and fling the ball like a pro qb. The team actually looked like they had a little bounce in their step when he came in.

Granted today the Jets were pathetically flat coming off a bye but one of the things a QB has to do is get the team excited and moving. Being a victim isn't something the leader of the team can be on days like today. Geno looked very much like a victim not a leader.

15. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

I love that he actually leads receivers and throws them open, very composed as well.

16. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

hey
    we know what geno brings

now let's see what Simms brings

to me, geno had had ZERO improvement

Simms vote here

17. RIPJimLeonhard

At this rate the Jets are gonna be 8-8 and out of the playoffs, I'd like to see some changes be made to get that late season surge we need, even if it means pulling Geno.

18. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Jets need to get a veteran QB because its obvious they cant draft the right QB

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

19. RIPJimLeonhard

Exactly, that's what this is about. It doesn't mean give up on Geno, it just means test what you got and take it from there. We made the mistake of constantly giving a poor QB who kept turning over the ball the benefit of the doubt for 4 seasons once, let's not do it again, this is a mans game, you want the job? Go out and earn it.

20. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

I love how teams don't blitz him :smile:

Next week is big for Matt Simms' starting career.