Ed Reed is a JET

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by thatisjetsfootball, Nov 14, 2013.

1. Mr. Green Pants

2. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Did you read the comment below? LMAO

"Apparently he and Ryan have worked together before."

Uhm, yeah they worked together before. Did you just climb out from under a rock? LMAO :pats_suck:

3. Tony

Tony Bipedal, Reformed

This is a great signing. Reed is certainly a shadow of his former self as far as playmaking goes, but the experience and leadership he will bring to a defense with a rather weak secondary is worth the signing itself. And I expect him to actually be rather productive, too. In this system, he will have the best chance he's gonna get to show he can still play.

4. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Agree Tony.

Certain positions allow for age and Safety is one of them with your primary duty is to read. It allows you to overcome the age factor by using your head to get deep earlier...react to the ball earlier..if you have that ability. Reed has that ability.

Someone mentioned what would happen the first time Reed gets beat deep. The answer is nothing...nobody will call for his head. This team has already been beaten long this year....more than I can ever remember over the past decade.

The better question is what happens when a ball goes deeep and Reed makes a deflection...or a pick. What happens everytime a QB goes back to pass now just knowing he is deep. Does it give the line an extra second to get to the QB knowing the QB might be searching out Reeds whereabouts.

The ole saying if it aint broke dont fix it...it was broke...there is an attempt ot fix it with a possible washed up safety..or the best safety ballhawk of all time that might be a step slower.

Duh...fix it.

#304 jaywayne12, Nov 15, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2013
  5. Mitch_Dumstein

Massholes

The perfect description of drunken, arrogant, murderer coddling Cheat fans

6. jaywayne12

This is a great argument why the interent may start world war 3. Only because its sports can you find any comical value.

He says He did not want to come to the Patriots because "he didnt want to learn a difficult system" He puts difficult in quotes because Reed actually said "going there and learning a new system would be difficult in the middle of a season".

I beg anyone to explain to me where Reed or Ryan..or anyone...made the reference...made that statement.

He goes on to say that BECAUSE HE SAID THAT...he choose to go to the Jets so he can "dog it"...and that he would have given BB a hard time.

This link is the reason the internet is such bullshit. It allows anyone to say anything with no consequences.

#306 jaywayne12, Nov 15, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2013
  7. JdotGriff

JdotGriff Well-Known Member

Reed made a comment about it being easier to come here since he already knew the system and how going to the pats and learning a new system at this point of the season would be tough.

8. jaywayne12

But that guy turned the using of the word difficult into "Reed did not want to learn a difficult system"

Am I reading that wrong? Maybe its me.

9. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

For the rest of the season he's costing Rex around $450K, which is less than half of what Revis makes per game ($1M).

10. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

to be fair he's less than half the player Revis is at this point though I do expect he'll help us.

11. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Yes, but Reed is only costing Rex $450k for 7 games, not the $7M he'd be paying Revis. Revis is getting 14 times more than Reed for the last 7 games but Revis is only 13.5 times better than Reed, so Jets win.

12. roboz08

roboz08 Well-Known Member

This. Exactly the reason why I will never join Twitter, and have recently deleted my facebook account (and have experienced a major positive shift in the quality of my life for having done so). The double-edge sword of the internet, and social media outlets specifically, including blogs and personal websites, is that everyone has an opinion, which can be great, but the downside of that fact, is that EVERYONE has an opinion. And quite frankly, a large amount of people should have no right to voice their opinions at all. I'm a big believer in credibility, and if you're either too biased, uneducated, or just a fuckin' moron in general, then you're opinion should not be expressed. Twitter is the worst of it all. Every show on TV loves to check out what people are saying on twitter in regards to the content of their networks show, and I'm sitting back thinking to myself "who the fuck cares what Joe Sixpack has to say about this weekends whogivesafuck college basketball game?" They can be equally well off asking the third graders at the local elementary school what they think about a certain topic and get equally profound and credible answers. Seriously. /endrant

13. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Why in the world would you compared Revis and Reed anyways? Reeds a midseason pickup no duh he's making the vet minimum. Theres also a reason Reed was cut.

14. jaywayne12

Totally agree...why would I have a twitter account so people can hear my thoughts..I cant even get my kids to listen to me when I tell them to clean their rooms...let alone give people my advice on life.

Facebook? The day will come when like GA...AA...etc...there will be rooms to go to just to try to get off the habit some have to tell the world how they are feeling...here is a picture of a rare bird in my backyard today...my dads been dead 10 years...but Im still thinking about him!!

Its embarrassing.

15. Falco21

Bingo!

I deleted my facebook over two years ago. I can still sit here today and tell you it was the best decision I could have made. Since then I have got involved in tons of other things, have enjoyed my time spent on the internet more, and have really enjoyed the thought of only certain people knowing things about me. I also really enjoy not reading everyone's bullshit anymore. There is so much positive that comes out of deleting a social media account that it is almost scary thinking what could happen if I just kept going on with it. To this day I have not missed it one bit. I will never have a facebook account again. I can guarantee you that

16. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

did you delete your myspace account?:grin:

17. Falco21

Never had a Myspace lol

Never really gave a shit about social media websites until a couple years ago when I opened a facebook. Never will again. I'll stick to these forums where I can get useful information. I already have to deal with morons on here, I don't need more on a social media site ;)

18. Mitch_Dumstein

Ed Reed at around 100K a game will be playing safety for a team in the playoff hunt

Revis at 1 million per game has led his team to a 1-8 record which will get the coach and GM that were stupid enough to sign him FIRED

19. roboz08

roboz08 Well-Known Member

Exactly the reasons as to why I deleted it in the first place. And I've noticed the exact same changes as well. One of the best decisions i've made this year. One that, admittedly, I was unsure of at first, but now, no regrets :metal:

20. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

Hey Falco u see the comment where the guy said we only got Reed because we had a worse record then them and we got him off waviers