Jets Playoff Discussion

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jay Bizniss, Oct 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jetsillinifan

jetsillinifan Well-Known Member

ugh i'm worried this week....whenever we're expected to win (really only once this year against pitt), we lose... the bills are worse and this is our BEST chance to get a road win. if this team disappoints this week, although we may still get to the playoffs it continues this terribly up and down culture and not this killer mentality we need this team to have... all up to the defense. we've won so many close games because of them

2. jetsillinifan

jetsillinifan Well-Known Member

losing to the jets and beating the fins, hopefully they play the titans, ravens, and chargers and beat all of them too :)

3. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

All i can think about is Sanchez tossing 5 INTs against the Bills....Run the ball a lot, limit the opportunity for Smith the give the game away, and play good defense.

4. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

even with those 5 ints we almost beat them and probably should have! If Geno can keep hit ints to 4 or less we win easily :metal:

5. Mangold Goldman

Its always tough to beat Buffalo in their place, and while ther record is subpar, theyre competitive and arent just gonna lie down.

Btw I know Stevie Johnson is iffy for the game, but does anybody know the status of Robert Woods? If those guys dont play, its gonna be tough for them to get the passing game going. The key is contain the run game and force EJ to throw it on 3rd and long, just like the first game

6. 85inthehall

Judging by this they are both sitting
    http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/100104/bills-could-be-without-johnson-woods

7. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Four interceptions is what Geno smith does best.

8. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I just gotta say here: why would you say that something that Geno has never done is the thing he does best?

Agenda is agenda but you must really hate Geno Smith. That's a pathetic place to be as a fan. Hating a rookie QB so much that you can't resist the temptation to take over the top shots at him.

9. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

Updated the original post with the current standings as of this morning and who we need to win for Week 11.

10. James Hasty

I guess I am just not enough of a tough guy to pick on second year QBs like you:

Now that we have established what a hypocrite you are perhaps we can enjoy a good laugh at Geno's expense without getting our collective panties in a bunch.

Until Geno has more touchdowns than turnovers he will be an easy target for jokes like the one I made.

11. James Hasty

You forgot the most important game:

J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets!!! @ Buffalo

12. Br4d

You really think pointing out the reality of the play of a QB on another team, while calling him a good QB, is the same thing as routinely hating on your own rookie QB?

C'mon man.

13. James Hasty

I am just calling it like I see it.

Not every rookie QB is handed the keys to start for a playoff caliber team with the talent and coaching that we have.

We have four losses this year and Geno has his finger prints all over those losses.

14. Br4d

You just called him a rookie. Get over it.

15. MoWilkNYJ

MoWilkNYJ Well-Known Member

That could be huge. We bottled up spiller and jackson (except for one play where pace screwed up the tackle and Richardson celebrated too early). If Manuel is forced to get the win himself and he doesn't have his top two weapons, and he's got the snack exchange in his face, we got a good shot.

We need to give Powell and ivory the ball to take pressure off of geno. I don't want him to be considered a game manager, but that'd be sufficient here.

16. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

We have playoff caliber talent now? You know damn well this team doesnt have playoff caliber talent and not one Jet fan thought this team had a chance to make the playoffs.

Your argument is silly. Lets find a reason to hate on a rookie QB

17. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

I did not know Geno was playing in the 49rs.

18. James Hasty

Just because ESPN says something does not mean that we all have to believe it.

Right now we have sole possession of sixth place in the AFC playoff chase. How do we not have playoff talent?

My point is that this is not a throw away rebuilding year. This is a talented team with veteran leadership that has as much of a chance as anyone else. It is unusual for a rookie QB to walk onto a team like that and expect to start. That is why Geno Smith needs to be held accountable as a starting QB and why the success of the team this year should take priority over Geno's long term development.

As we head down the stretch every game counts.

This is not a game of hating on the rookie but holding him accountable for some horrible mistakes he has made throughout the season as the starting quarterback for the Jets.

19. James Hasty

WTF are you even talking about?

They only have three losses that Geno had no part in.

20. 85inthehall

You have a top tier defense and a running game you have the potential to make the playoffs. You don't need all pro talent all over the field to be a solid team in the nfl. Solid talent, the ability to win the close games, and do the little things right.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.