Jets Playoff Discussion

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jay Bizniss, Oct 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BookEndTackles 72&79

Even if nothing else went the Jets way today the Jags beating the Titans is such a huge gift. Anything else is gravy. Now 9-7 looks a whole lot better to make it but it won't mean a thing if the Jets fail to take advantage.

Raiders, Chargers (probably done at 21-6 at the half) and Colts losing all help to a certain degree. Who cares about the Fish. Jets beat Buffalo and all they have to do is split with the Fish to get the tiebreaker on them. They can wrap that up at home on Dec 1st. Ravens.....ehh, big deal. They can take care of their own business vs. them and even if they don't their schedule is just as murderous as the Chargers. 8-8 is their ceiling.

2. MoWilkNYJ

MoWilkNYJ Well-Known Member

You realize one team has to win the division, right?

3. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

We are in pretty good position right now.

Locker out for the season now plus a loss to the Jags today = Titans are done.

Ravens look pretty bad even in a win today. If Jets beat them, we don't have to worry about them.

Looks like Chargers will lose today and they still have Chiefs x2 and Broncos left to play, along with Bengals, Dolphins, and Giants. Brutal schedule.

I think Jets and Dolphins are in the best spot right now for that last wild card spot.

4. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

Lets hope we win every game until Carolina.. They look like the real deal and I cannot see us winning against that defense.

5. Jetrik

Jetrik Well-Known Member

They're my fantasy defense. A good pickup they were.

6. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Jets stop the run well though which is the Panthers offensive plan. Their defense is nasty, depends if we can stop their front 7. Their secondary has been savaged by injuries but they seemed to have right the ship.

Panthers are like the Jets for defense....nasty front 7 that can dictate a game but if they can't do anything, they can get lit up. Only way to move the ball on them is by air and Geno will need a big time game. Will be tough indeed.

7. BakerMaker

If CLE somehow beats CIN next week, the Browns have a real chance at the division with the sweep on the Bengals. That being said, Browns still got us and the Pats on the road and you figure they won't sweep the Steelers this year. 8 losses might seal their fate.

8. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

The stars have aligned this week to help our playoff cause. Therefore, to redress the balance in the space:time continuum, we will lose to Buffalo by two clear scores.

/darksider

9. NJJ_Jersey_Jets

NJJ_Jersey_Jets Well-Known Member

Schefter says Locker could be out for the season

10. BakerMaker

Dolphins still got games vs CAR/NE/NYJx2/SD. BUF beat them last time so who knows with that too.

Could go 2-4 or 3-3 of those 6 games. @PIT is not a slam dunk, especially if PIT is playing for something by that time. You figure they SHOULD beat the Bucs but who knows. Miami like us can beat anyone but also lose to anybody.

11. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

What I'm looking for right now is 2 wins in the next 2 games. That's openers for serious discussion of the Jets wild card chances. They'll have 7 wins before December if they do that and it won't be a lead pipe cinch but they will likely be favored heading into the last month of the regular season.

12. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

The results this weekend puts the Jets in charge of their own destiny for the most part.

Hopefully they'll take full advantage of the situation.

13. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

You guys gotta realize these 5 loss teams will be lucky to get to 9 wins. They would have to go 5-2 down the stretch to even get to 9. The chargers, ravens and titans will in all likelyhood only win 8 games.

Can the Jets go 4-3? If so we are in the playoffs

14. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

Is that a serious question?? You realize that if we don't beat the Ravens, the team that doesn't win the division has the tiebreaker over us ... Right?

15. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Nothing's better than to chill during the bye week while holding that last WC spot and still emerge holding it when the weekend ends. So far everything has worked out, we just need Miami to lose. They are falling apart in the locker room and the Bucs are itchin for that first win. Man, in my suicide pool this week everyone picked Titans and San Fran so everyone lost. It was down to 5 at the end. I wonder if they'll put it in OT and keep it going or split the money with the 5. I knew I should have picked the Eagles!

16. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

its odd how the threat of Tennessee has subsided within me... I was sure they'd win twice this week... hopefully not.

4 wins is entirely achievable, anything less and the team doesn't deserve a spot. at least two wins have to come out of the division I'd say. beating the north teams are the next priority, as either one can go on a run.

17. NJJ_Jersey_Jets

NJJ_Jersey_Jets Well-Known Member

Beat Miami 2X and Baltimore. By far the most important games.

18. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

Think Miami wins tomorrow against Tampa?

19. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

We still have the 6 seed if the Fins win tomorrow night. They're 0-2 in the division so far.

20. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Nope.

////

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.