Bye-week blues- Firman Ed must return

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jesterjetman, Nov 7, 2013.

1. jesterjetman

jesterjetman Active Member

I know this topic has been hotly debated and essentially killed- but it's the bye week so I'm gonna air out some thoughts on the matter:

As a season ticket holder who has been to every game this year- a fan who did not previously have any strong feelings for the dude who leads the chant- i gotta say, the difference has been palpable.

The crowd has been a monster at times this season. last week, for example, was rocking. But man, the jets chant is weeeak. like non existent weak. Growing up heading to games at giants stadium (wasnt around for shea) - the jets chant was easily the best part of the experience (along with tailgating- the product on the field? not so much) Many great moments in jets history have a hearty jets chant to go along with them. This season has had some great moments and its a shame the jets chant is, for all intents and purposes dead.

I'm just saying- it feels like a bigger loss than I anticipated it would be. Am I the only one who would say water under the bridge and would love for this guy to get back so the chant become part of the games again? We gotta get this guy back.

-------------------------------
    After following the thread- I realized I made the mistake of inviting the same shitty debate about fireman ed, the person. I should have titled it "The jets chant must return". The overall point remains the same: I dont necessarily care about who is leading the chant- but this drum thing isnt working. they led it once last week. I'm just calling on some fans to bring it back- if only because it was awesome/intimidating/fun to do drunk.

#1 jesterjetman, Nov 7, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
  2. Jetfan76

Jetfan76 Well-Known Member

I believe he said he would think about returning for a big game perhaps a home playoff game or AFC game(that would be great).Doubt we ever see him back as a regular although you never can say never i guess.

3. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

It sucks that the chant is gone, we either need ed back of they have to figure out another way to get the chant going.

4. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

The Jets should put together some type of competition for someone to lead the chant. They can get a final five and let the fans vote on it. This guy could basically become the new fireman ed.

5. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I do not care for Fireman Ed. But think about it from his perspective....The dude has to quit being on the other's guys shoulders after a while

6. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Who cares about Fireman Ed? He was a Dolphins supporter. Jets PR has done an excellent job.

7. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

stay away, it was his decision to leave. we don't need him.

8. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

He abandoned the team when they were in a bad spot, now you want him to return when they are doing well? That is the worst kind of fan.

9. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Fuck him. He quit on us.

10. Mitch_Dumstein

Keep the fraud Dolphin fan quitter AWAY. The Jonathan Martin of Jet fans

Drumline does the chant better, is far more entertaining and far less ugly

11. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

8 home games/year...how about getting 8 different retired energetic Jets to do it? (with someone from the Jets overseeing it to make sure they do it at the appropriate times)

Curtis Martin
    Joe Klecko
    Chrebet
    Bart Scott
    Testaverde
    Pennington
    ?
    ?

12. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

He quit on us? He abandoned the team? Holy shit. You mad bro?

Chill - he's a fan just like the rest of us. What happens if you happen to defend Gholston and say he was gonna be a sack leader in the league and everyone got on your case for it - even spilling soda and beer on you at games and swearing you out? Would you keep coming around for abuse?

Anzalone wore a Sanchez jersey to support the team's QB. OUR TEAM's QB. He got shit for it and plenty of it was figuratively and literally dumped on him. Can you blame him for wanting to get out of the public spot light? He didn't abandon the team - if anything he embodied the ultimate fan in supporting a downtrodden player in-spite of what the media and general fan base believed.

Taking shit from other fans about supporting the most important player on the team during a really low spot?

That should elevate him not bury him

13. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

+ a billion.

It's the twitterization of this country.

Guy did a chant for years and idiots started bashing him because of his views on this player or that player. LOL he's a Dolphin fan--how silly.

All I know is that the J-E-T-S JETSJETSJETS chant was the best in the league and now it's gone. It completely got the crowd going.

BTW, the drumline is so incredibly weak I cringe every time I see it up on the big screen.

_

14. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

The drumline is FAR better than Ed. They always have a crowd around them when they perform after games. Meanwhile, Ed would get insults slung at him as he left his section. He's a nobody, please let's not make him out to be anything more than a person.

15. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

He shoulda wore a Simms jersey.

Things would have worked out better.

16. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

LOL good luck on getting Vinny or Chad (especially Chad) back for anything.

17. NYJet87

NYJet87 Member

I'm not defending him or supporting him, but the drumline is far better? Please. For the record, I don't mind them either. But I'm not drooling over them. The chant was the team's calling card. From growing up with season tickets in the family for longer than I've been around I know that the chant wasn't something Ed Anzalone conceived, but he kept it around.

All I'm saying is that there was nothing more fun than to get that chant going at kickoff or after a big score. The Jets gave it a shot with the current chant, but let's be honest - it's fucking stupid as is.

Some of you people amaze me with the hate for this guy. Most of you either sound like teenage girls, jealous that you weren't picked homecoming queen or hardos that he wasn't "fan" enough. Holy shit. The OP is just saying that the in-game experience was better with a solitary super fan leading the chant. And I don't know how it's possible to argue otherwise.

18. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

Chad might get injured moving his arms that fast!

19. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

So what you are saying is he is the Kellen Clemens of our fanbase?

20. joe

joe Well-Known Member

How about we let him back on a provisional basis but the hump has to wear an Incognito jersey?