Fins Thread

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Axel3419, Sep 22, 2013.

1. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Incognito has a chance to save himself if its true. It really is come down to what exactly the coaches told Incognito to do.

Ill base my judgement once that is learned.

2. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

To me what Philbin did was not overblown or wrong, the problem is he was an accomplice to what happened. Its like if you an accomplice to a robbery that turns into a murder that you werent anticipating, you are still going to take the charge despite having 0 intentions.

Philbin has to take responsibility for Incognitos action if he told him to light a fire. I dont think Philibin wanted him to say what he said but it doesnt matter, if your part of it then you will take the fall. This story has gotten pretty big and to me its going to get worse and worse as more information gets leaked. Its like the Penn State Scandal, at first it was one case and then it turned into multiple cases. I will not be surprised if a lot more stuff comes. Philbin has to tell the truth and not hide anything, if he hides anything it is going to get exposed eventually.

3. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

If you look at what he said, he's definitely a racist. Maybe he has black friends, but he's still a racist.

Save us the double talk. Incognito can't "save himself". I don't think any team will touch him after this. Miami was stupid to pick him up in the first place. Look at how many college and pro teams dumped him. You think that it's their fault and he's a fine upstanding gentleman?

Even if the coaches told him to do this, Incognito is screwed anyway. Your coach tells you to do illegal things. You do them. The blame falls on both of you.

4. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

His teammates love him because he didn't call their phones leaving voicemails and text messages like that.

5. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Also I dont even recall the last time a coach was removed midseason, to me the closest things I cant relate to was the Rutgers basketball coach last year for screaming at his players, or the Penn State scandal. The Penn State scandal was much worse, but it will be up to the Dolphins owner to set the precedent. He will get criticism no matter what, to me if Philbin lays down the truth he deserves to stay. If he doesnt then the guy should be removed.

6. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Philbin is getting exposed right now. He's taking heat. You think he's going to escape unscathed? The entire chain of management is under fire. Right now, indications are that Ireland and Philbin (and possibly other coaches) will both lose their jobs, Incognito will be done as far as the NFL goes, and there could be legal action taken.

7. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

8. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

9. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Hopefully Ireland stays put, I really like what hes done with that team.

10. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Philbin lacks control, his sons suicide death should have never happened. He puts football above his own family which is sad.

11. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Lets not go there, we don't know the circumstances surrounding the death of his son.

12. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

I love how Antrel Rolle is backpedaling from his earlier remarks supporting Incognito. Think the Giants management has had a little conversation with him?

13. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

NFL has appointed an outside attorney (Ted Wells) to investigate the Dolphins workplace situation.

14. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

Philbins press conference was an absolute joke, he's definitely going to be fired after this fiasco.

15. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Brian Hartline says Martin was walking around the locker room showing guys the voicemail and was laughing about it.

Shits gettin good. We better sweep these buffoons.

16. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Can someone summarize Philbins conference? Fatcessa said he didnt say anything and that the Dolphins players were told not to comment and they did anyway.

17. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

He answered every question with "I'm not going to comment on an active NFL investigation"

18. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Lol man I didn't know it was possible for somebody to be wrong about pretty much everything they comment on but you are doing a great job.

I guess everybody who has ever had a kid commit suicide was putting work before family.

You are absolutely clueless. Learn a little about life before making awful comments like this one

19. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Philbins done then, the story is much deeper and to me Stephen Ross is going to fire him. Especially now that this story is being talked about by everyone and is being compared to every-day bullying in schools.

Im shocked the Dolphins as a team are able to operate with this going on, its really insane.

20. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

haha, yes. I saw the Rolle comments earlier today, although I didn't see the backpedaling.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/sto...artin-stood-in-miami-dolphins-harassment-case

Was Richie Incognito wrong? Absolutely. But I think the other guy is just as much to blame as Richie, because he allowed it to happen. At this level, you're a man. You're not a little boy. You're not a freshman in college. You're a man.