Fins Thread

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Axel3419, Sep 22, 2013.

1. endydee

endydee Active Member

I think after reading this, that the entire Miami Dolphins coaching staff wishes they were incognito.

2. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

3. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

tends to keep folks in line.

4. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

Coaches on the Miami Dolphins staff told guard Richie Incognito to “toughen up” teammate Jonathan Martin after Martin missed a voluntary workout last spring, according to a report Tuesday night by the Sun Sentinel of Fort Lauderdale, Fla., citing two unidentified sources.
    Hahaha

5. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

So ends the Philbin Regime, as the media pressure mounts this guy might be removed any day now.

6. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I don't think this is happening unless the Fins drop out of the race. It's possible that they'll ditch him but that's not the way you get your team to play better in the second half.

7. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

If this was Rex we all know they would be calling for him to step down.

8. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

:rofl: .

9. Gator

Gator Active Member

You guys are a little lost on Tannehill. He's pretty good. Eli and Favre were both guys that made a lot of mistakes but in between made a ton of great plays. Gotta look at the in-between. Even in their losses he throws TD passes and moves the team up and down the field. They draft all O-line he can be damn good

10. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Everyone from top down is going to get canned if they are the ones who told Richie to do this. Bullying and harassment has been a huge issue in todays society. We see how many people take their own lives or lives of others because of it. They could have had a huge tragedy on their hands, luckily this guy was stable enough to stray away from those ideas.

11. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Do you remember Rex telling Robert Turner to start a fight w/ Vernon Gholston during the 2010 TC on Hard Knocks?

12. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

Martin's lawyer: *Coach Philbin, did you order the Code Red?*
    Goodell: You *don't* have to answer that question!
    Philbin: I'll answer the question!
    [to Martin's lawyer]
    Philbin: You want answers?
    Martin's lawyer: I think I'm entitled to.
    Philbin: *You want answers?*
    Martin's lawyer: *I want the truth!*
    Philbin: *You can't handle the truth!*
    [pauses]
    Philbin: Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with large biceps. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Ed Hochuli? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for Martin, and you curse the Dolphins. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That Martin's hazing and extortion, while tragic, probably won a few football games. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, won a few football games. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something in cute teal and orange uniforms with a fish decal. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under a green Jets blanket that makes fun of the awesomely bad Gloria Estefan-led entertainment that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a set of shoulder pads, and get in a 1 v 1 drill. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.
    Martin's lawyer: Did you order the Code Red?
    Philbin: I did the job I...
    Martin's lawyer: *Did you order the Code Red?*
    Philbin: *You're Goddamn right I did!*

13. 74

74 Well-Known Member

ROFL.

gloria estefan... lmao...

14. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Lots of players saying Incognito is a great teammate and leader. One even said "hes more black than J Martin" and that "hes considered a black man". Many Fins players feel Martin shouldve kept things in house.

Is it possible Incognito could be getting a raw deal here?

15. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

One thing to do that, they had pads and helmets on. A whole different story to harrass a teammate via cellphone when the "work" day is over, that's crossing a serious line.

16. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Bingo. I'm sure coaches tell players all the time to go toughen up another player, or start a fight with a player on the field to get them aggressive. But once the work day is over, to call a teammate and leave those types of messages is ridiculous.

17. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

That's just what we know, all reports indicate there is much more to this and it can get uglier.

18. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

its possible that white people will always need to find a way to make racist things against minorities not seem as racist...

but sure, a white guy thats accepted by his teammates calls a black teammate a half-nigger and were supposed to believe its not racist cause the white guy is accepted by his black teammates?

i guess martin isnt angry enough to be a black man, african-american ancestry be damned youve got to be angry to be black damnit. but wait, if martin was less of a black man than incognito, why would he use the n-word as an insult?

19. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

No. Incognito is a lifelong asshole, drug abuser, and bully. What does that mean that he's considered a black man? Whatever it means, he's still an asshole, a racist, and a bully.

No one is saying Martin is a great guy or anything. I don't know. But Incognito is not a great teammate or a great leader and we have years of evidence proving this.

20. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

^I think the black thing was mentioned in regards to him being a racist. They say he is not and has the respect of all the black players.

I thinl Incognito is definitely an asshole but its surprising how much his teammates love him.