Fins Thread

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Axel3419, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Mitch_Dumstein

Good chance. Heard a Miami reporter today who said his reports are that this is just the tip of a Titanic sized iceberg that is capable of sinking Philbin, Ireland and even Ross

Sent from my BNTV400 using Tapatalk

2. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

I will be shocked if Philbin isn't fired (this is a classic "lack of institutional control" kind of situation), and if the team collapses (which will make the fanbase go up in arms) Ireland will probably go also. More on point to what a GM does, all of the moves Ireland made in the offseason are blowing up in his face, which is a good enough reason for him to get fired.

It would take evidence of Ross having direct knowledge of what was going on for Goodell to put pressure on him to sell the team, and even then I doubt it would happen.

3. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

I heard a lot of reports that say this is going to get much worst as more news gets leaked. Same thing I heard Sunday before the voicemail transcripts were leaked. I think we can expect some more leaks this week that can hint at upper management involvement.

4. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Ireland got an extension after the 3-0 start. hahah.

5. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

The bottom line is the veteran players in that locker room should have handled the situation before it got out of hand.
    This is one of the many reasons why veteran leadership is important on a team.

For Martin to bring this to upper management or the coaches says to me that either the vets did nothing to squash a situation that was obviously getting out of control or that Martin wasn't comfortable going to them, maybe thinking they'd side with a vet over a rookie.

Either way it doesn't say too much good about the makeup of this team.

Ireland has been a disaster in his time in Miami and if I were a Dolphin fan i'd want this guy out of here.

On a side note, just heard Spadola was released.

6. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...-bully-accusations-nebraska-freshman/3439819/

Richie Incognito once bullied a teammate so badly that the teammate suddenly got up from the ground and stomped out of football practice.

It was early 2002 — long before Incognito was accused of similar behavior with the Miami Dolphins. Incognito was just a freshman at Nebraska, but that didn't stop him from picking fights or harassing teammates, in this case a non-scholarship offensive lineman named Jack Limbaugh. Incognito plowed into Limbaugh's back during practice, knocking him to the ground for no apparent reason.

Limbaugh responded by getting up, grabbing his equipment and walking out, according to the diary of teammate David Kolowski.

"Richie was a guy who came in with all the talent in the world, and Jack was an easy mark for a guy like Richie, who came across as a bully," Kolowski told USA TODAY Sports on Monday. "Jack was a walk-on just trying to make the team. There was a bit of that kind of bullying with Jack. He didn't appreciate it, but in that culture you don't run and cry to the coaches."

7. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Well after 3-0 people were raving them as a serious threat to the East. LOL

8. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

LMAO!

What a joke of a franchise!! God, living in Miami, this is glorious for me!!

9. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

Even better ... "Egregious Philbin"! :grin:

10. The Great American

The Great American Well-Known Member

This woulda never happened if Martin had a gun.

11. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

Sort of wish this was happening to the Patriots and Bellicheck rather than the Dolphins. Would love to see the Patriots Luxury Liner sink to the bottom of the fucking ocean.

12. Testaverde

Testaverde Active Member

They did just recently have a murderer on their team.

13. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Whatever happens, I think Miami's season is ruined. This team is not going anywhere. 6-10 or 7-9 finish would seem most likely.

14. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Circus, what circus???

AFC EAST - MURDERER'S ROW

Miami Dolphins - Jimmy Wilson
    N.E. Patriots - Aaron Hernandez
    Buffalo Bills - O.J. Simpson

New York Jets - Murderer-Free

15. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

BwaaHaaaHaaa! Nice.

16. MowTin

MowTin Active Member

Hey, OJ didn't do it. He was found not guilty. He's still looking for the real murderer (in jail).

17. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

http://touch.sun-sentinel.com/#section/1204/article/p2p-78065907/

Miami Dolphins' coaches asked player Richie Incognito, who was the offensive line's undisputed leader, to toughen up teammate Jonathan Martin after he missed a voluntary workout last spring, at least two sources told the Sun Sentinel.

The sources told the paper they believe that Incognito, who is accused of using racially incendiary language and bullying tactics against Martin, may have taken those orders too far.

It's not clear whether those marching orders will now become part of a pending investigation by the NFL into the Dolphins' locker room culture, and the alleged bullying that took place between Incognito and Martin.

18. 74

74 Well-Known Member

very interesting ^ what idiots.

thought this article was cool:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...polamalu-ben-watson-offer-takes-on-nfl-hazing

In suggesting that Jonathan Martin might not belong in the NFL, former Miami Dolphins running back Ricky Williams said locker-room hazing is in "the nature of the game."

Minnesota Vikings defensive end Jared Allen backed up that notion Tuesday, explaining that it's "a sign of respect" toward veterans and a "rite of passage" for rookies.

As coaches and players from other teams weigh in on the issue, though, it's become obvious that hazing of the nature allegedly directed toward Martin is not inherently a part of the league culture.

New Orleans Saints tight end Ben Watson told NFL Media's Andrew Siciliano on Tuesday's "Around the League Live" that the Dolphins' situation is "the worst I've seen and heard."

"There's a clear line here," Watson said. "And the line is: You respect people. ... When you see these situations, these are outliers. This isn't the norm when it comes to the NFL. ... It's very disturbing, and there's no place for it in our league."

Watson's opinion is not unique. Coaches from the Bill Walsh tree don't tolerate hazing or harassment. Pete Carroll doesn't allow it in Seattle. Mike Shanahan said Tuesday he's never even heard of anything similar to Richie Incognito's alleged words and actions.

In contrast to the scene in Miami, Steelers safety Troy Polamalu described a family-type atmosphere among players and employees in Pittsburgh.

"I thought they would cut my hair when I came to Pittsburgh, but it was the exact opposite here," Polamalu said Tuesday on ESPN's "The Herd with Colin Cowherd." "Guys accepted me with open arms. Anything I needed whether it was a car, whether it was to sleep at their house -- and we only return that favor now that I'm a veteran on the team. Any young guy, whether they need a car or a house or some extra spending cash, whatever it may be we try our best to help them."

According to Polamalu, Steelers veterans voluntarily take young players under their wings to teach them "how to be professional, how to take care of your body, how to train, how to learn the defense, the offense, whatever it may be."

Watson and Polamalu are two of the most respected players in New Orleans and Pittsburgh, respectively. Incognito sat on the leadership council in Miami.

NFL Media's Willie McGinest said Tuesday on NFL Network's "NFL Total Access" that there are different ways to lead and motivate teammates, but Incognito's comments were "non-football related" and had "nothing to do with trying to better your teammate."

19. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

This, it's one thing to be hard on a guy or tape him to a goal post but to involve race and continuisly beat on the guy without anyone standing up for him really speaks to what a lack of leadership that team has. It's really a sad state of affairs when things get as bad as they seem to be right now.

20. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Things like this really amaze me. Why? Because the media has been so infatuated with the jets and their so called "circus" organization when shit like this is going on in Miami. Not only there, but what about the shit in Tampa Bay also? It goes to show you how fuckin incompetent these media people are. They have such a hard on for the jets that they just overlook every other thing happening in the NFL until a year like this happens. Rex Ryan is coaching his ass off, Geno Smith is having a solid year, and we are fighting for the playoffs over.500. Now the media is calling for a Rex extension and focusing on the real problems in the NFL, like Miami when the Jets are no longer their center point of attention. Amazing what winning can do