17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

You wanna know something, I bet you that if you went to Pittsburgh & Boston to the biggest brokers offices, you would find a bunch of big FedEx boxes with a return address of Woody Johnson in East Rutherford

I bet you a million bucks that's how they figured out to dump their glut, prices don't just double overnight like that after being in the dumps for 3 years straight

2. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

interesting gordon. i wouldnt put it past that douche of a man.

3. JetsSec337Lot13B

There were a few reasons for higher prices the past two games:

1. Better opponents. Steelers fans are all over and Patriots fans aren't far away. Plus more people want to see those games.

2. Team is playing above average football.

3. Beautiful weather.

4. The Giants were not playing either Sunday. As crazy as this sounds if you ever want to research something I'd be that Sundays when the Giants are not on and the Jets have a home game that tickets are in higher demand.

4. alleycat9

are you saying that giants fans have a secret love for the jets?

5. JetsSec337Lot13B

There are some that are neutral or don't mind the Jets. There are also some who want to just come tailgate with their friends that are Jets fans for an afternoon and it's one of the few opportunities they have.

6. alleycat9

i know there were a TON of seats in the old stadium owned by giants fans. i wouldnt think they came across,but i believe it.

i never realized the seat selection was so much different on days the gmen dont play.

7. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

There has never been this many unsold seats available over a season since prior to 1981 when you could go to the Jets office and become a season ticket holder. Most opponent fans can buy jets tickets directly from ticketmaster. Some, come from STH's, but most TM

8. Mitch_Dumstein

that's definitely true for the nosebleeds

as others have mentioned, not so much for lower level

9. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Yes, I was referring to the UD

10. no psls

no psls Banned

This thread is dying .

11. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Well sooner or later people realize that they are reading the same O same O over & over again. We all know that PSLs suck, because of the quality of players we have the team sucks, we all know of the state of stadium, HDTV also has changed many fans thoughts of going & paying thru the nose or stay home with a fire crackling & watch on your HD big screen. That is why there is little posting these days in this thread :sad:

12. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I think next year will be a different story.

People need activities on Sundays. Especially in winter. Not making a football claim but talking about a possible scenario. Jets will have 12 picks next year and over 30 mil in cap space. If Geno pans out, with a few good draft picks and some free agent signings this team will be primed to take over NFC East as Brady is getting older and showing wear and tear.

I expect PSL's being smart investments starting next year.

Hopefully I will jump in the Season Ticket Bandwagon next year with my 2 boys.

13. alleycat9

i disagree, i think there will still be tons of seats for other teams fans to buy up. tons and tons.

14. Brook!

Yes but isn't that expected? New York Metro are is the most diverse part of the country. No matter how good your team is, there will always be away fans at the games especially Upper Deck. My last Giants game was 3 years ago so I don't really know how much away fans is at their games but you can't really avoid that.

Also do you disagree with Jets Season Tickets being popular or Jets being good next year?

15. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

There is no way to know if any team will be good next year or not, so much can happen between chemistry injuries or if I guy like Geno or any other qb regresses. All that said if psls and seats are overpriced from the get go how are they a good investment ? If you do not have psl access to other events and concerts how is it a good thing when it is overpriced to begin with ?
    I guess it depends who u talk to but I know one guy that has tickets and owns a psl and still attends games.
    On a side note a guy I know who walked away from his psl had no legal action taken against him but he was threatened a gazzillion times thru e mails calls and letters.

16. Brook!

I guess you guys are right. PSL's are overpriced. What I say is, in future years if things go good for Jets and Jets become the Patriots of the last 10-12 years PSL's will be in demand.

Right now Giants PSL's are crazy expensive in aftermarket. Not true for Jets PSL's. I think this gap will close and PSL's will become Hot if Jets wins the division after Brady retires and Pats domination is over. This is New York and average people will want to go to Jets games once there is a winning culture.

17. no psls

no psls Banned

PSL's will never be good for football fans .

18. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

That's not true, they're good when and only when they give you access to tickets with a face below market value. This makes too much sense for Woody Johnson so instead he priced tickets massively ABOVE face value, rendering them completely worthless. In some instances, you can crunch the numbers and make it work for the 8 home games, but every single time the total deal breaker is the 2 worthless pre-season home games.

If they slashed prices by a third, removed the two preseason games, and threw in free parking I would be a PSL buyer. Nothing short of that

19. JetsSec337Lot13B

The Jets went to back to back AFC Championship games and couldn't sell out a stadium. That won't change.

I'll take a look back at the old place for a minute. Back then (pre 2006) tickets were pretty cheap. I remember then you could even transfer tickets to a friend or family member or anyone you wanted for free. As a result there would be auction on ebay for season ticket rights. I remember seeing on ebay seat in the row behind me went for like $5-$7k (forget the exact number). The prices were much cheaper then so the demand was higher. We had a long wait list.

There aren't many people who want a PSL with a $125+ ticket prices. Keep them at $80 like in the old place and I think PSLs would sell out no problem and keep value.

20. alleycat9

i have a serious problem thinking that i have to spend money, 2k, 5k, 10k whatever it is for the obligation to pay for season tickets NO MATTER how much they are. thats fucking crazy.

what was a 75 dollar seat, is now 7500 psl plus 450 a seat. woody can go fuck himself.

and there are people out there stupid enough to pay that kind of bank for it.