Ok Why is everyone surprised that the offense is performing like the way it is?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by buddapaw, Oct 30, 2013.

1. buddapaw

buddapaw Well-Known Member

Newsflash everyone, it's the same ailment that killed us the last two years, the talent level on offense sucks. The oline is sooo inconsistent, everything we are seeing now is the same we have been seeing for the past two years with the exception of a capable offensive coordinator. No matter who is the QB, the result will be the same because we have ZERO playmakers, no one on our offense scares anyone.

Until this dumb assed organization get its collective heads out of their asses it will be more of the same. Cincy drafted players to go along with their young QB, so did Atlanta, so did every other team in the league, well except the Patriots this year and you see how terrible they were at the start of the season even with Brady.

We could have used Eifert or any other TE out there, a WR coming from a passing system and not a project. They always say defense wins championships that is only one part of the equation. The drafting high on defense every year since Rex got here caught up to us two years ago and these dumb asses can't see it.

2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The last three drafts have been about creating a dominant pass rush. That's a huge component for most eventual champions. They've done a pretty good job with it I think.

This draft was about trying to finally rebuild the offensive line, which had been going slowly to seed. Jury is out on that one but I am optimistic that they have the right idea if not yet the results.

Drafting a TE or WR this year wouldn't have done all that much for us. You want Eifert over Sheldon Richardson?

3. Mitch_Dumstein

Idzik's first Jet draft has been a unqualified, resounding success so far

Milliner, Richardson, Winters, Bohannon, others

and 12 picks and 40 million in cap space ready to roll in early 2014

4. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I dont think anyone is surprised, the inconsistency is just frustrating. On gameday, its difficult to temper your expectations. Especially when you see good football every second game.

We should add major talent in the coming seasons.

5. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I'm not surprised that the offense is performing like it is.

I'd be more impressed if you tell us why the defense laid an egg in Cincy.

6. Kentucky Jet

Kentucky Jet Active Member

I regard this as another SANCHEZ cover-up. At times this year our OFFENSE played pretty darn good. We beat NE and we have 4 wins. At full strength to go along with our DEFENSE and SPEC.TEAMS we can do some damage.

Our #1 receiver has played but a few games due to injury. When he did we crushed Buffalo. Our best TE has been gone 4 games! Our fastest running back has been done for the season due to injury. Add in the fact that we have 3 rookies starting on OFFENSE and the OL has NOT played together long enough to gain consistency.

With that all said our rookie QB has been up and down and that is expected of a strong armed rookie. Still there are moments when he wows everyone but Sanchez fans with his ability to throw accurately and athleticism. Other moments he shows his lack of experience. Reviewing LUCK last year in INDY and we saw the same patter but to a lesser extent.

No excuses. I expect the game to slow down for GENO after the bye and his INT rate will drop. With the talent on hand we can reach 8 and 8 or 9 and 7 if we play up to our standards. The experts picked us as the 32 worst team in the NFL before the season. Most had us winning two games at best. And that is when they thought that SANCHEZ was going to be our starting QB. Well he isn't and we have won 4 games and at times played very well. The difference is Geno and his ability to throw accurately down the field and his ability to run. Our Defense must get kudos too. Some of us actually have hope this late in a season!

7. MeanGreens08

MeanGreens08 Member

This is pretty much how I feel. One game everything looks like its clicking and the next we get our asses handed to us.

We live and die by our rookie qb this year.

8. Br4d

The defense laid an egg in Cincy because they were playing an offense with a QB having a breakout season. The Bengals have a deep receiving corps. The pass rush was pretty well contained by a good Bengal offensive line. There were young players all over the field in the secondary and the one veteran CB is currently hobbled by injuries.

It happens.

9. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Happens all the time...to the NY Jets. A game where we really needed our vaunted D to step up and help our rookie qb, they let it get out of hand early.

Ehhh...whateva...gets the media off our dicks for a week.

10. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

No one is surprised. What is surprising is fans defending players like Holmes. Holmes, is a big time bust; cannot wait for this brittle, child, loser to be off my team.

You have to be on the field in order to help your team. Football is a business too. Enough with the, oh well he's injured. That's bullshit; what happens if you have a guy that continually misses work? They get fired, next.

...here come the Holmes sympathizers boohoo.

11. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Thanks. I thought I could use a good laugh this morning, and you came through.

12. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

the O has been up and down like it's rookie QB, it was too be expected. I think the O has actually been better than we could have hoped for overall considering we had a rookie who really shouldn't have been starting week 1 and all the injuries. I give Marty a ton of credit.

13. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Other than Milliner Idziks first draft has been very good. Not many teams draft both offensive and defensive ROTY candidates in the same year.

14. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I expect Winters might well turn out to be a good pick. But right now the only reason he is playing is because Ducasse was a penalty machine as a starter.

Many said Smith was going in the first round. I think his turnovers show why so many teams passed on him. I hope he gets better.

Idzik also benefitted from two first round picks. Right now one looks very good, the other not so much.

Offensive ROTY candidate? Who would that be?

I assume you are referring to Richardson as the Defensive ROTY candidate, which he should be, but I doubt he gets that.

And the later picks so far have shown nothing.

It's too early to grade the draft, but I was amused the newbie homer didn't think it is too early to declare victory.

15. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

I don't think it's so much surprised as appalled...

16. Mitch_Dumstein

Another tome

You were much better as the leader of Jets Fans United

17. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Offense is not setting the world on fire by any means but its better then last year with the same minimal talent. Largely due to M&M and even Geno. This off-season we need to upgrade the O desperately. Where not far off.

18. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

We haven't had a core group of guys together on O at any point during TC, exhibition or during the season. Even if the talent is underwhelming they can't all seem to stay on the field together for a few games.

There isn't a skill position player (and I use the term skill loosely) that has played every game. If we could get Powell, Ivory, Cumberland, Kerley, Nelson and Hill to actually play together and practice together for a few weeks in a row I think the O will be far better.

19. Br4d

The Jets are going to win games this year when the opponent's offensive line is subpar. They're going to win games when the opponent's defense is weak and passive. They're going to win games when the opponents do stupid things in a one possession game near the end.

They're not going to win games against a strong offensive line or a strong defense. They're not going to win games when the opponents play mistake free in crunch time.

The reason they won't win when the opponent has a strong offensive line is that the Jets big advantage in the trenches will dissipate and their weakness in the defensive backfield will begin to come to the fore.

The reason they won't win when the opponent has a strong defense is that they have a rookie QB and mediocre skill position players and the offensive line is average at best. That will allow the opposing defense to shut them down.

The reason they won't win when the opponents play mistake free football in crunch time is that the only unit on the Jets right now that is likely to play mistake free in crunch time is the defensive line and they're likely to get overwhelmed by the turnovers and penalties in tight games.

It just is what it is.

You cannot compare this Jets team to any Jets team since about 1976. That's the last time the Jets were rebuilding at the level they are now AND had a rookie QB in the huddle.

2006 they were rebuilding big time but they had a savvy 5 year veteran QB leading the team.

#19 Br4d, Oct 31, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2013
  20. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Quite frankly I'm shocked. I expected the Jets to go 12-4 to lock down the 1st round bye. Nah, this year is playing out very similar to 2009 but a little less streaky. If we can get hot again near the end against a semi favorable schedule we can sneak into the playoffs. This has been my belief from the beginning. I never expected us to be world beaters with a rookie QB and 1st year in a new offensive system being one of the younger teams in the league. I am looking forward to 2014 very much so, however... plus we're only 2 games out of 1st in the division so it's definitely not over, even if we lose to the Saints. The Pats are beginning to decline as well, they shouldn't even be 6-2, I can't believe the amount of luck that falls their way. I like our future.

If only we played in some weak ass division like the NFC East where 9-7 is good enough to win it each year. The funniest part is that all these sports radio shows are talking about how the Giants can still win the division at 2-6, while the Jets are 4-4 and aren't even considered, even though the only 2 Giants wins were against teams with major QB issues. Wow they did so awesome against Matt Barkley and Josh Freeman 2 days after a trade.

#20 Barcs, Oct 31, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2013