AMC's The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Mr Electric, May 11, 2010.

1. devilonthetownhallroof

devilonthetownhallroof 2007 TGG Fantasy Baseball League Champion

This has serious potential if they do it right. The video game took the same concept (same world, new characters) and it was phenomenal. The only thing I'd want for sure is to have it air in the summer. Both on at overlapping times would be too much, plus if it's good it will hold me over between seasons.

2. DeathByJets

DeathByJets Well-Known Member

The latest webisode series ("The Oath") is up on AMC's website. This set is really good. It is pretty long....about 25 minutes. Comparable in quality to the Season 1/2 "Torn Apart" set. Definitely better than the Season 2/3 "Cold Storage" webisodes.

http://www.amctv.com/the-walking-dead/videos/the-walking-dead-webisodes-the-oath-part-1

http://www.amctv.com/the-walking-dead/videos/the-walking-dead-webisodes-the-oath-part-2

http://www.amctv.com/the-walking-dead/videos/the-walking-dead-webisodes-the-oath-part-3

3. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Will be at comic con this weekend in NY, Whole cast of Walking Dead will be there for a panel. I hope to be part of thta

4. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Pretty weak debut last night. So weak, no one even commented in this thread. Hopefully it improves.

5. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

16.1 million viewers last night. Holy shit!!

AMC is saying it should top 20 million after taking the replay into account.

6. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

i've heard this from a few people and here's my take. i am not sure what everyone was expecting coming off the season finale. the govenor went off the reservation and the whole town was being incorporated into the prison. this episode had to explain the transition into what life at the prison is now. i thought they did ok introducing some new characters and setting up the direction the story will be going. was it slower than most episodes? yes, but i am not sure how they could have gotten more action without being clear of how the society is working now.

they did well setting up for some exciting episodes coming up without having to rush into bringing the govenor back into the picture. now maybe i am just happy its back but i am not too down on the first episode

7. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

The zombies are very squishy as illustrated in the opening episode.

Where is this bite strength coming from? They tear flesh off human bone like it's been in the smoker for 12 hours.

8. DeathByJets

I was out of town, so I just watched it last night. I liked it.

It wasn't a phenomenal episode, but it was solid enough. They are setting up the new threat (either a new strain of walker or some fast acting independent virus.....Captain Trips anyone?) and introducing new characters. I've heard the next couple of episodes are very strong, so I am OK with how it started.

Honestly, I try not to judge these serialized shows by an individual episode. A season is really like a 16 hour movie. You need to give it an opportunity to ebb and flow.

9. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

I was expecting the 3 questions to be better, and how do you let a shelf of hooch fall on you?

10. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

Holy shit. This show has gone up a level very quickly.

11. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Quite an upsetting episode.

12. DeathByJets

My only complaint is that it wasn't long enough. I want 3 hour episodes.

13. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Awesome episode tonight. Absolutely loved seeing Rick put his pistol back around his waste. The Sheriff is back!!!!

14. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Last nights episode was fantastic!!!!

15. The Dark Knight

Yes. I liked it. I am starting to think the thrill and intensity of the final 8 Breaking Bad episodes caused me to not enjoy the slow moving season premiere.

16. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

funny, I probably mocked that part the most.

I know it is based on a comic book, but the drama has gotten so cartoonish, two-dimensional and contrived that all I can do is laugh.

even my wife, who is nowhere near as critical as I am and has enjoyed it up until now, has shaken her head at the two episodes this season.

17. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

Clearly filler type episodes

18. The Dark Knight

How hilarious was Marilyn Manson on Talking Dead? :lol: Classic.

19. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Spoiler**

Don't know his name, but the big black dude just beast moded through all those Zombies in the car scene. I thought he was a goner for sure. Also, what is up with him that white chick who got burned? Isn't his wife part of the group? I don't think they ever explained what happened between his black wife and now the new white chick he was with?

20. DeathByJets

The black chick (Sasha) is his younger sister. The big black guy is Tyreese.