All-Time LEAST favorite Jet.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by HackettSuxTNG, Oct 23, 2013.

1. tcw722

tcw722 Member

I'll never hate an athlete unless he's a terrible human being off the field. Having said that, my all-time least favorite (I'm only 29) player might be Gholston. I didn't put too much thought into it.

Also, Revis is on my shit list. Loved him while he was here but I couldn't stand the hostage negotiations over his contracts, and am loving that he's playing for a failure of a team now.

#141 tcw722, Oct 25, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2013
  2. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

I agree. I hated Taylor as a Dolphin but her kind of grew on me as a Jet. Made some huge plays for us and helped lead us toward a great playoff run.

I have to say that Holmes is becoming one of my most hated. Good player, terrible attitude. Steelers knew what they were doing when they let him go.

3. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

Dan Henning and Charlie Weis I suppose, but neither were really the o-coordinator that long and Parcells called plays when Weis was here most of the time anyway. Maybe back in the day everyone loved Walton as an OC until he became the head coach. And yeah Marty now...but it's early still.

Hackett and Schotty were definitely lightning rods though. Sparano was universally hated.

4. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

Sam Garnes: if he hit you he'd make you fumble. If he didn't, you'd get 6. And when we got him, he was old and he missed way more than he hit. Guess I can't knock him for effort.

Damien Anderson on the other hand.....wasn't it his helmet Kyle Turley tossed on MNF? Probably the only positive contribution DA ever made. Seems like Scott Frost blew his share of coverages, too-- but I have almost completely replaced all these sorry safties in my memory with Eric Smith. What a waste of time.

5. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

That's easy--Dewayne Robertson/Terry Boobway

In 2002 jet players vote LaVern. Coles as their team MVP. Instead of signing or protecting him, Boobway gives Coles a 1st round tender ONLY and Redskins steal him from us for a #1 pick. THEN Boobway takes that #1 pick AND our own #1 pick, AND our 4th round pick and trades them all for Drob, a short, squat little defensive lineman who was dwarfed by most OL. Boobway signs Dslob for, oh, about $50M, and Drob stinks for the jets for about 5 years. So we "traded" our best guy from 2002 (Coles) AND our #1 pick AND our 4th round picks for a player that made 0 pro bowls and sucked about $50M from the jets. Then we had to trade Santana Moss just to get Coles back. At least Gholston only cost us ONE #1 pick, not 2. But, wait, so many people posted that Dslob WILL
    be good once he figures out how to use his hands. We're still waiting.

6. RevisXt

RevisXt Member

Mulligan. Still remember that idiot causing us penalty after penalty.

7. MenOverGod

MenOverGod Well-Known Member

Omg. That really happened? What. The. Fuck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

8. CaneJet

CaneJet Well-Known Member

Bubby Brister
    Rick Mirer
    Mike Hickey
    Carl Barzilauskas
    Wahoo McDaniel

9. CaneJet

CaneJet Well-Known Member

Joe Walton

Rich Kotite

10. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

You are correct, Walton was revered as the up and coming coaching hot shot OC,
    but his tenure as HC washed that all away

11. SyraJet

SyraJet New Member

Blair Thomas

12. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

There's so many to choose from but these five are a good start:

Herm Edwards
    Paul Hackett
    Brian Schottenheimer
    Keyshawn Johnson
    Darrelle Revis

13. GoldenShowers

GoldenShowers Well-Known Member

Dewayne Robertson, Kyle Brady, Kyle Wilson, Stephen Hill, Favre and Tebow.

The first four bc they were garbage players who got way over drafted. DRob and Brady were a special kind of disgraceful.

Favre is the most selfish player in history, and Tebow is the worst player I've ever seen that somehow Gator fans refused to stop obsessing over.

14. MondayNightMiracles

His names Damien ROBINSON. but yea Turley did toss his helmet but only after Robinson ripped a players face mask for a few seconds, bending the players head backwards even after the whistle blew. Robinson also brought an assault rifle and a couple houndred rounds in his vehicle to a dolphins game lol.... :rofl:

def an dumb ass Jet.